S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Nickmerrone's 91 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:37 PM

Nickmerrone's 91 240sx

Hey everyone, I'm 15, i can't drive yet, but i own a 1991 nissan 240sx,(in my moms name of course). Its a project, but theres NOTHING wrong with it at all..Bone stock. paid 1800 for it. I think that was an amazing deal. he was asking more but my mom and I got him to lower it. ahah. So I have lots of plans for it...

MODS
None as of yet.

Mods coming
1.Apexi N1 Muffler (will do full piping once i can drive it down to my dads shop)
2.AEM Cold Air Intake
3.Simple 5 spoke rims
4.Racing Seats and wheel.
5.Walbaro Fuel Pump, headers, etc. etc. Just like everyone else.
Then way later on in life ill turbo it or sr swap.

I scrubbed the **** out of the head cover with steel wool, it was black and greasy, now looks pretty good until i paint it.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:28 PM

Welcome and goodluck with the car.

Keep us posted and feel free to ask questions, just use the search button first
Old 01-25-2009, 06:32 PM

Thanks I definitely will keep everyone updated. I get my debit card in the mail this week, So i'll be ordering the intake as well as muffler.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Contributing Member

wait... muffler tip? not full exhaust? why waste your money?
Old 01-25-2009, 06:37 PM

no like just from the catback. then ill eventually redo all the piping later on.

Like this
http://www.modacar.com/Merchant2/cat...ex_n1_cat1.jpg
Old 01-25-2009, 08:52 PM

would it be wrong to tell him to get headers -> test pipes - > then cat back?

That way the car will stay quieter and more civilized,
instead of loud exhaust?

Probably,

b/e of back pressure or something.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:42 AM

Well, like i said like full redoing of the piping will be done when im able to take it down to my dads shop, cause im doing all this in my drive way. and yeah.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

dude slow down..

do you know how to drive?

if you are going to turbo it and or SR SWAP IT, why are you buying all this N/A stuff, you are wasting time and money.

calm down and read up on what others are doing and do your own thing, not what everyone else is doing. Drive and learn on the car in stock form and you will appreciate the mods once you do them.

welcome to the site.

edit:

I feel i had to add this because you don't know me. I am not a ***** Head, I just hate to see young people go down the wrong path in this culture. From the sounds of it, you will have a very rough time. Furthermore, I don't believe in really modifying cars without the intent to race them.. unless you want a show car. whatever you want to do.... we will be here when and if you need help.

Just calm down and put the debit card back in your wallet and don't work on screwing up your credit while your still young.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 01-26-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:27 AM

^+100000

Get the plan and if you want to mod start collecting parts and pick up deals on forums and closeouts from companys, be patient and do it right the first time.

You will thank us in the end

BTW, I don't see the harm in going ahead and doing the catback I just wouldn't do anything else until you have a solid plan and parts list together.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

true cat back would be ok..... i take that portion back.. i sorta over looked that.

with a car produced back in 1990.... first modification should be bushing/mount upgrades
Old 01-26-2009, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
true cat back would be ok..... i take that portion back.. i sorta over looked that.

with a car produced back in 1990.... first modification should be bushing/mount upgrades
Yeah i understand your not a ***** head. Haha. But like I dont even really think I'm going to turbo it to be honest, being an automatic. This is probably just going to be a daily driver car with some slight mods. I'll eventually buy a stick 240 and get it ready for the track once i get my license . Like i can drive but not legally.

What would the bushing/mount upgrades be?

And like yeah im not trying to come off as a 15 year old ricer, who loves rap and stuff. :P Cause thats not what i am. I don't like that much rap. haha. thats kind of off topic, but yeah. I just love cars, and this isn't going to be my only one. And Spending my own money will not ruin my credit....

I hope you guys didn't like get a bad first impression of me, like i said I'm not a little wigger 15 year old kid whos going to buy a pep boys muffler and pepboys special rims and seat covers and what not. If you guys know where im going with that...

As Well as i think i mentioned the manual swap. I didn't really mean to say anything about that, i just didn't wanna be criticized for having an automatic, to be honest. And I wanna do my own thing on this car, Probably go to car meets like my brother does.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:47 PM

Welcome to the forum. +1 on the having a plan first. I didn't do that with my focus I used to have and ended up with a DD/Show/drag/pos car. LOL. This site may be small but you will learn a lot.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lord Umoja
Welcome to the forum. +1 on the having a plan first. I didn't do that with my focus I used to have and ended up with a DD/Show/drag/pos car. LOL. This site may be small but you will learn a lot.
This sites not that small at all. Its pretty nice in size. aha. Yeah I've seen alot of POS cars. Like my brothers old eclipse he had before his camaro..he started with exhaust,tint, neon lights, system, cold air intake, painted the interior neon green. *twitch* and some more bad mistakes.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:47 PM

Welcome
Old 01-26-2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks.