S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Not new but introing myself

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 08:50 PM

Talking Not new but introing myself

Hey guys whats up, ive got a Q and thought about puttin it in the naturally asperated but fraid of gettin flamed so here goes. Alright first of all i dont have a 240 yet and plan on getting one very very soon, in fact im not even 16 yet but very into cars and absolutely love the 240. But back to the Q, alright im lookin to beef up my engine and tranny, all my moneys gunna go into the car, chicks can wait haha, but what do would you guys do with a 1500 dollar buget after buying a nice 240, and lets just say that i didnt need to replace anything it was all mint(wouldnt that be nice haha). What would be your steps/choices of selecting and putting in the parts. Plannin on doin drag and driftin, and want to get my tq equal or very close to my hp. Final goal is to get around 300hp and 320tq (with a turbo, or naturally if possible). Like i said guys all the money is going into the car, so the main Q is what would you do with 1500 dollars, then what would you plan for future mods? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:42 PM

welcome to the forums

I'd get some nice coilovers with the money
Old 01-17-2005, 05:25 AM
Contributing Member

Welcome. Suspension stuff, intake, exhaust, SEARCH.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

Echo l3ooherS14. I think your main goal is just to have a all around fast car which is fine. Just search around a little and realize that you will have two different setups for your car when it is drifting or draging.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:23 AM

well i read your thread and all that poped out was drifting... so all that popped into my head was suspension. Thats where i'd put my money first.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Contributing Member

After reading your background and your plan, I'd invest that $1500 in a good novice performance driving school.

what is a tq?

welcome to the forums. Spend the next year or two learning how to drive, you'll enjoy it more. Don't even plan on drifting until about 2007... get used to your car first AND learn how to drive
Old 01-17-2005, 10:46 AM

Thanks guys, but i know how to drive and ive had driving intrustors tell me that im an excellent driver, and some of them even asked me if i was actually 15. But you guys would suggest suspension over power?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:14 AM

alll the way. I would suggest brakes and suspension. For 1500 you could get a set of KYB AGX's and some TEIN type S's. Then spend the rest on new brakes and rotors. What's the point in spending all your money on making your car fast if you wreck it a month later?

But more importantly, SEARCH button is your friend I know I've clicked on it more than anything else here.

Welcome to the forums also.!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by donteventry
Thanks guys, but i know how to drive and ive had driving intrustors tell me that im an excellent driver, and some of them even asked me if i was actually 15. But you guys would suggest suspension over power?
no, I mean REALLY drive... i.e. H/T, rev matching, etc.

Do you know what that is? I mean, not to come off as an a** but a driving instructor told my mom she's an excellent driver - doesn't mean she can handle Laguna Seca or anything

Last edited by l2aine; 01-17-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:34 PM

Ok well lemme fill you in on something, not to sound like an *** but, my dads got a 91 300zx TT 5spd, i can revmatch and drive stick no problem. I mean ive seen other people post on here and not get flamed for bein under age so i dont see what the big problem, i know how to drive, but i just wanna get off on the right foot when it comes to mods. Serious i didnt mean to sound like an *** before but its true ill send you some pics if you want it and you can do a search and wont find the car newhere.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Contributing Member

the big problem is that there are a bunch of kids who think watching a cartoon about drifting makes them pro. If you're not one of those kids, then cheers and good luck finding a 240sx.

...um, I don't know what you're talking about "pics"... heh
Old 01-18-2005, 02:04 PM

Naw i havent even seen any of the drift cartoons(im being deprived i know hehe) but i can understand where your coming from. I found a car and here are some details, no front bumper, scratched up hood, a good amount of paint chips, 160000 miles, 5spd, SE, 95, black on black leather, rip in drivers side door handle, new tire, 2900, including a full T3 04 turbo kit, and engine and tranny are in good condition. Whada guys think gimme some feed back, would be much help.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by donteventry
Naw i havent even seen any of the drift cartoons(im being deprived i know hehe) but i can understand where your coming from. I found a car and here are some details, no front bumper, scratched up hood, a good amount of paint chips, 160000 miles, 5spd, SE, 95, black on black leather, rip in drivers side door handle, new tire, 2900, including a full T3 04 turbo kit, and engine and tranny are in good condition. Whada guys think gimme some feed back, would be much help.
carfax it first... also, how do you know the engine/tranny are in good condition? Or is ht that the seller said something like,

"...the engine and tranny are in good condition."

LOL no seriously though, carfax it and then we'll go from there. $2900 isn't that bad... can you get some pics? We'll help you out dude
Old 01-18-2005, 05:11 PM

Haha, ya he did say something like that he said it runs excellent i would drive it to florida, and he said that he himself put 150 miles on it. How do i get those carfax reports, are they free, i just found out that its a salvage vehical hope thatll help. Heres some pics. Its on ebay too but theres no turbo added in with it on ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...520759511&rd=1
Old 01-18-2005, 06:57 PM

Hey just to let you know im also looking at a 95 SE auto, with 139000 miles on it, its in amazing condition and has many nice features. No mods to the car, just audio, all kenwood setup and an equalizer/stereo setup. Im leanin towards this one guys if you want i can try n post some pics but i dont know how to post more than one and how to get them off of my hard drive all help is appretiated.

Quick Reply: Not new but introing myself