S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

um...yeah, i'm new...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:07 PM

um...yeah, i'm new...

*scratches head* yea, so i don't do this very often...i'm more of the lurking type, but seeing as how i've joined and already commented on a thread on this forum, i figure i should properly introduce myself...

name's stephen, i live in good 'ol fredericksburg, Va i currently "pilot" a zenki s14 with very basic footwork mods, plan on going KA-t sometime in late fall or early next year, depending on the fundage (what else is new, right?)

i'm new to this whole ka-t craze but not new to nissans in general, i've been working as a nissan tech for about 3 years and, uh...yeah...that's about it...i enjoy long drives on the touge and ham sammiches, really looking to network and learn as much as i can, and hopefully provide some useful input on things...

ah, damn, i've rambled on for 3 paragraphs already heh
Old 08-11-2007, 09:16 PM

welcome to the forums... pics or ban. (u really wont get banned but we all love pictures)
Old 08-11-2007, 09:56 PM

yikes...ahaha, um...ok, i'll have to take some, i don't really have any recent pics on file...
Old 08-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Contributing Member

Hey dude hows it goin? +1 for ham sammiches
Old 08-12-2007, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy
Hey dude hows it goin? +1 for ham sammiches
Name:  readytoeat-thumb.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  8.7 KB
+
Name:  kitten.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  19.7 KB
+
Name:  readytoeat-thumb.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  8.7 KB

=

teh ultimate sammich...ftw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
readytoeat-thumb.jpg (8.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Contributing Member

LOL if my g/f saw that she would find you and break you she's a martial artist( a sensei at my dojo) and she loves cats.... thats the only thing that will make her violent
Old 08-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Contributing Member

hahhaha welcome man. you type as if you sound like that guy from office space..... I need my stapler back
Old 08-12-2007, 08:02 AM

Welcome to the forums
Old 08-12-2007, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
LOL if my g/f saw that she would find you and break you she's a martial artist( a sensei at my dojo) and she loves cats.... thats the only thing that will make her violent
oh cool, what discipline? i've been practicing taekwondo since i was five...i'm only a second dan black belt though so she'd probably whup my ***...heh

<<<<<< slacker...

but for serious...how could one turn down a sammach as glorious as this? even if the name is a bit...questionable...

Name:  luther-burger.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  23.1 KB

thanks for the warm welcomes guys, nice meeting you all....biggamehit, i actually stumbled upon this site 'cause of that link to the welded diff write up you posted on Ka-t.org...heh, who knew?

Last edited by nu_born; 08-12-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Contributing Member

that looks like it would make my heart explode... my g/f is a sensei at my Goju ryu dojo i also do a little muai tai but i could never compete im too big LOL their heavy weight is less then 200lbs and im 6'7" aint gona happen.

also i hear kick boxing is gona be the next big fighting thing in the US cause boxing has been going down hill and the boxing committiee wants to sanction kick boxing. i think its cool but elbows are illegal in the US and they arnt gona allow knees... so dont expect it to be like muai tai
Old 08-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Contributing Member

welcome

if you guys want kick boxing watch k1. oh yeah taekwondo sucks, it's not very effective in a real fighting.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
welcome

if you guys want kick boxing watch k1. oh yeah taekwondo sucks, it's not very effective in a real fighting.
agreed...it's a linear martial art, very straight line oriented...and completely useless in a real world situation...

...as far as MMA and any form of grappling is concerned, that's a different story, isn't it something like 80% of fights end up on the ground? yeah that stuff's way more useful in the real world...
Old 08-12-2007, 06:18 PM

Only the weakest of the weak martial artists will say that a X form isn't useful in a real fight . . . but don't listen to me, I know nothing about fighting

Anyway, welcome to the forums, feel free to sniff around, get a feel for things . . .try the tuna. . . it's good for you.

-Stig
Old 08-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

if the fight were to take place standing and only standing, the taekwondo kicks would come in handy. odds are if you do train taekwondo you could probably land a swift kick to the head and end the fight.

if not then you better know what you're doing on the ground.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:42 PM

Yeah, most fights do wind up on the ground . . . most

-Stig

Quick Reply: um...yeah, i'm new...