S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Welcome Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:39 PM

Welcome Me!!!

Hello to everyone, wonderful site!! Im in the process of obtaining my first 240.. Right now I am a proud owner of a B16 civic- Im pretty sure that a few people will LOVE hearing that!!! lol

Im set on purchasing a 93 hatchback with a boat-load of mi. In my area a
5sp. 240 is IMPOSSIBLE to find w/in 500 mi..... for a descent priced one at least.. this older lady is asking 1k... its a piece right now but Ive got plans... I will be able to take some pics soon to give evryone an idea...

Im not really into drifting or time-attack comps.. more into strictly street/strip.. my main question would be which motor is best for 1/4 mi. racing?? Im searching but having a hard time finding- sorry for the newbie question.... a link will even be sufficient- thanks in advance and nice to meet you all!!!

GraF
Old 07-14-2007, 03:25 PM

Welcome to the forums

Check out this thread
Old 07-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome man, if you're into straight line action you should look into an LS1 swap. It's somewhat common and theres a ton of info out there
Old 07-14-2007, 03:44 PM

welcomzz!!!....
Old 07-14-2007, 03:55 PM

wait.... so your saying I might as well put a 454 in that thing??? Ill most likely pass on the LS1- I like beating V8's with a 4... it just feels too good...

Im leaning towards a CA18 but Im not sure if thats the best way to go for str8 line.... goin to check out that link now- thanks to all who have replied already!!
Old 07-14-2007, 04:12 PM

Welcome and the CA18DET is a great motor for drag racing. In fact, many foreign tuners prefer the CA over the SR for 1/4 mile cars due to the iron block. If you need info on the CA, check out my sig.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:16 PM

the driftopia link?? I will check that out- thank you once again!!
Old 07-14-2007, 06:57 PM

Street . . .strip . . .drag . . . .*sigh*

Welcome to the forums, bro!

-Stig
Old 07-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome man!
If I were you I would reconsider the LS1 swap. You should see what people are doing with it. And, is like the most sleeperific car ever. Hell, most people think the 240 is front wheel drive. Don't hate it just because of its number of cylinders. The old saying is true- there's no replacenent for displacement.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by GraF
wait.... so your saying I might as well put a 454 in that thing??? Ill most likely pass on the LS1- I like beating V8's with a 4... it just feels too good...

Im leaning towards a CA18 but Im not sure if thats the best way to go for str8 line.... goin to check out that link now- thanks to all who have replied already!!

The ls1 has many advantages, and since you just want straight line action it's a sound idea. It's light, powerful, and small. I'd take it over a 454 anyday due to the weight comparison. "Beating v8's with a 4 because it feels good" just sounds naive to me, no offense. Function > form or brand or in this case, number of cylinders

If you SERIOUSLY want a nissan 4 banger to power your car, CA is a good choice because it's an iron block like 240am said. But a KA-T is an option too, there is a ****load of aftermarket unlike the CA and the KA-T has been proven again and again. Especially in the case of Ivan (the terrible) with his low 9's KA-T in which case I will include a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slI0iw4EMUU

Last edited by yarou; 07-15-2007 at 02:16 AM. Reason: to make doper
Old 07-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Contributing Member

welcome bro search enjoy
Old 07-15-2007, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by 240AM
Welcome and the CA18DET is a great motor for drag racing. In fact, many foreign tuners prefer the CA over the SR for 1/4 mile cars due to the iron block. If you need info on the CA, check out my sig.
Great site!!! I think Im going to be bugging you for a while now... lol
There is a lot of info there on the ca18- I think I will be heading that way very soon.. Im going to try and get together with this lady and take some pics of this bucket...

GraF
Old 07-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by GraF
Great site!!! I think Im going to be bugging you for a while now... lol
There is a lot of info there on the ca18- I think I will be heading that way very soon.. Im going to try and get together with this lady and take some pics of this bucket...

GraF
You might want to look into using your stock motor, it just needs some love. As I've said before, the KA-T has been proven. Check out KA-T.org, the 9 second KA-T lives there
Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 AM

if i was you i would go ka-t over ca. like they said there is a lot of aftermarket parts for the ka unlike the ca and the ka has an iron block as well.

Quick Reply: Welcome Me!!!