S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

What?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 07:03 PM

What?

What's up, fellas/y chicas! ^_^. I'm brand spanking new, just out of the wrapper, still got that new toy smell. I've been looking for a vehicle to throw me into the import scene. I wanted something that was semi genuine/original but in the import scene it's hard to do so. What I ended up going with was a '93 240SX. I've loved the look and modification possibilities for the 240 especially when what I want to do is bust out with a 180 conversion. People have told me that it's not worth the money when it's all said and done, who knows. I just know that I've got me a new little toy and I'm ready to start the modding. I would love some insight on what to start with. I know I'm going to end up with an engine swap. I looked at the RB26DETT but decided that I would be sliding all over the place so I think I'm going to go with the traditional SR20DET, so much for originality. I was also looking around the site for a while and I ran into a thread that contained a link to the KA24DE site. Is this truly a viable way to go with the 240? I see tons of mods for the KA24 but is it worth it?

Alright, I feel like I'm rambling, let me close by saying. SHIFT_drift!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have an idea of where to start. The KA is a great engine, a lot of people used to totally bad mouth the KA...but its getting the attention it deserves now. You can always go KA-T
Old 06-11-2004, 05:13 AM

hmm, Turbo on it, I figure if I turbo I would simply drop the SR20...would the KA24 naturally aspirated be good? HOw many ponies could I get if it's N/A?
Old 06-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Contributing Member

With the proper mods and tuning, you can get a good 200+ rwhp on a N/A KA. Someone around here says he is running 234rwhp on a N?A KA, but haven't seen any dyno slips. This is w/o nitrous btw
Old 06-11-2004, 10:37 AM

I here lots of 240 tuners in cali opt for the KA24 cause of emissions. I might just try. *nods*

Here's the 240 that I purchased. I haven't taken any personal pictures so I'm having to use the auto trader ad image.

let me know what you think!
Old 06-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

Looks real clean from that pic

And your right, a few cali people opt for the KA since its more low key then the SR and RB.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:28 AM

Sweeeeeeet

Irasshaimasen.