S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

what up

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:10 AM

Talking what up

does anyone have any good ideas about what i should do with my 240sx, i just bought i 1990 240sx iam tryin to decide what color to paint it. Right now its like a dark navy blue, i have a small dent on the driver side door but other than that its in good shape, what do i do next
Old 01-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Contributing Member

Hey, welcome to the forumsTake it to a body shop, if you cant do it yourself, and get a real nice pearl white or super freakin white paint job hehe
Old 01-15-2004, 10:29 AM

Thumbs up sounds good

thanks for replyin yea i was thinkin about a white or a brighter blue do u think its worth the money to strip the color off or just paint over it?
Old 01-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Contributing Member

You gatta strip the paint off, primer then apply the paint/clear coat. A nice blue would also be good, but 240s in white are just sexy
Old 01-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

welcome to the boards. a word of advice: never start a newbie post with "i just bought a ____. what should i do with it?" ur gonna get responses like:

"give it to me"
"push it off of a bridge"
"stick ur pecker in the tailpipe"
"shove it up ur ***"

and so on as so forth. it's always a good idea to open with what u wish to accomplish before just asking advice on what to do with it. vague, open-ended questions are typically met w/resentment and abrasive, non-helpful answers. not that i'm pickin on u or anything, but keeping the flame potential down. when on this or any other message board, the general rules of thumb are:

- search before asking questions. everybody that's new to something always seem to think they're the first one to ask a certain question. if only they knew about the bajillion others who asked the same thing...
- try to be specific when asking a question. i was gonna write this novel of a response, but in short: ask the right question, get the right answer
- be urself, but don't be a dick. while none of us are perfect and none of us were put here to impress people, it's still the responsibility of each member to be civil with each other. that goes with being a part of any community, web-based or otherwise...

oh, and like JynX said, if ur not gonna do the sanding, filling, and priming urself, just find a good body shop.

hope this helps!
Old 01-16-2004, 04:15 PM

ic

sry, iam just excited about gettin started on my project, iam open for any suggestions (positive) ones anyway.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

Re: ic

Originally posted by 240sx kid
sry, iam just excited about gettin started on my project, iam open for any suggestions (positive) ones anyway.
ur cool, guy. i was just feeling especially preachy the other day. seriously, are u looking for suggestions on colors or what? like JynX said, get all that paint stripped and get that bad boy sanded, filled and primered before painting. also, plan on getting the door jambs, engine bay, and underside of the hood painted (if u wanna be thorough about it). it does look kinda ghetto when somebody opens their car door and u see the old color.

as for colors? i'm thinking that 350Z Daytona Blue.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:46 PM

sweet

yeah man iam just tryin to find out everything about my car, and how i can go about makin it better, i mean there arnt that many events around here hat i have seen 240's so i like have no one to turn too and ask ?'s, and i want to know more about the sr20det engine swap cuz i dont think my standard one is gona last but so much longer so thanks 4 all he positive replies keep em comin
Old 01-17-2004, 06:48 PM

If it's the stock paint, I think it's best to sand it down to the actual paint, no clear coat, and then paint over that. I'm not sure, I forgot some body work techniques.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:12 PM

ic

well that sounds like the best thing to do how much would it run me? Still tryin to decide what color to paint it
Old 01-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Contributing Member

Re: ic

Originally posted by 240sx kid
well that sounds like the best thing to do how much would it run me? Still tryin to decide what color to paint it
You could find a paint job for $300, but it wouldn't look nice. When it comes to repainting your car, you get what you pay for - but I've seen some real nice jobs for $900.

How many miles does your car have now?
Old 01-19-2004, 07:05 PM

Thumbs up

thanx 4 the advice iam pretty sure iam gona speed about 2,000 on my paint job just becuz i want some $ left over to make other adjustments to my car, ive narrowed it down to a white or a blue.. but which i havnt decide yet