S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Whats goin on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 06:30 PM

Whats goin on?

hey whats up umm... my real name is anthony carroll and i'm 19yrs old. born and raised in a redneck town called chatsworth aka chatsvegas ga. i currently drive a 00 civic si but i am in the process of trading it off for a 240sx s13 with a sr20det swap complete with tranny. don't know much at all about the car i'm gonna get besides the fact that its gonna be quick as hell. so i'd appreciate any advice you could give me.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:31 PM

nice...welcome aboard
you probably dont even have to worry bout emissions down there...huh...cuz thats the first thing i would worry about...if it has the swap already...

what other mods does it have?
is it a coupe or FB?
post some pics after you get it

Old 04-23-2003, 03:27 PM

stock turbo and internals with blitz nur spec exhaust, and some kind of wheels thinkin about the tenzo sinkos and some sort of body kit will be put on it before it comes outta the shop (Finish Line Motorsports) and oh its gettin a new coat of paint as well

figure thats about a fair trade for a 00 si
Old 04-24-2003, 10:47 PM
Regulate

Hey man, welcome to the boards.

What's the import scene like down south over there? Seems like when I'm down, the majority of vehicles I see are low-riders, trucks and domestics but not many imports. Maybe I'm just stereotyping the south?
Old 04-25-2003, 04:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rbboyl
Hey man, welcome to the boards.

What's the import scene like down south over there? Seems like when I'm down, the majority of vehicles I see are low-riders, trucks and domestics but not many imports. Maybe I'm just stereotyping the south?
No way! I am from NYC and I know GA hits hard. They are not all around but they are there.

Everytime I search for older imports in good condition I get cars in GA. Also if you read SCCA or NASA rags you will see that import racing is big in GA.

Welcome to the boards Surf Ninja good luck with the SR.

Why the switch?
Old 04-26-2003, 12:01 AM

the scene is good in atl area hell even in the town i'm ffoim it's okay well it's not great to many fast and furious kids runnin around with there under glows but every once in a while there is something nice check out www.importbasement.com just pretty much a web site one of my buds created real laid back and friendly

why the switch i got tired of havin to run juice to be what i would consider fast (15 and below) when the sr powered 240 will get me there no prob plus some
Old 04-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Surf Ninja
the scene is good in atl area hell even in the town i'm ffoim it's okay well it's not great to many fast and furious kids runnin around with there under glows but every once in a while there is something nice check out www.importbasement.com just pretty much a web site one of my buds created real laid back and friendly

why the switch i got tired of havin to run juice to be what i would consider fast (15 and below) when the sr powered 240 will get me there no prob plus some
I am just surprised that everyone wants a SR powered 240 without looking at what the KA can do.

Seems like the 240 is the new hott car.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:37 AM

well it's not really i'm not lookin at what the ka can do it's i'm gettin the engine and tranny for free pretty much (well it's costin me my civic oh well) plus the sr has alot more potential i think atleast
Old 04-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Contributing Member

Whoops my bad. I forgot you were getting a car for car trade with the SR already in it.

Why is the guy getting rid of the 240?
Old 04-26-2003, 02:19 PM

I've noticed alot that Nissans are becoming very popular now a days. All the shows i have been to recently there are atleast 2 or 3 240's laying around. I belive it's because the drifting scene is working it's way around the globe. In Cali it's so popular because Japan is right there so all the japanese fads come straight over to there. Then over time they make there way to the eastern seaboard. Oh well just talking crap...

Good call on the 240 buy the way surf ninja. Si's are hot too, but you can't drift them!!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DriftS14
I've noticed alot that Nissans are becoming very popular now a days. All the shows i have been to recently there are atleast 2 or 3 240's laying around. I belive it's because the drifting scene is working it's way around the globe. In Cali it's so popular because Japan is right there so all the japanese fads come straight over to there. Then over time they make there way to the eastern seaboard. Oh well just talking crap...

Good call on the 240 buy the way surf ninja. Si's are hot too, but you can't drift them!!!!
I hope we all drift and have large smoky donuts.