For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.

FS/FT 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:28 PM

FS/FT 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Name:  IMG_1495.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  166.1 KB
Name:  IMG_1504.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  160.9 KB

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport For Sale or Trade
4.0 I6
AW4 Auto Transmission
NP231 Transfer Case
HP D30
Chrysler 8.25 Rear Axle

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE AD, Thanks

Additional photos can be seen here: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y61...rokee%20Sport/

Hi all, here we have my ‘98 XJ for sale or trade. I am the third owner and have owned this jeep for about a year now and she has been nothing but a dream. I have recently purchased another Cherokee and I really have no need for two so here she is up for sale. The Jeep has 168,XXX K (most of which are highway miles) on it, but it runs and looks like it has half of that. Those of you who know Jeeps know that the 4.0 is barely broken in at these miles and that the AW4 transmission is also very reliable. The body on this Cherokee is overall in really nice condition, however, it does have little dings and blemishes here and there that you would expect on a vehicle this age. There is no rust at all on this vehicle. I removed all of the door trim, bumper trim, and the bumpers themselves to herculine last year and it turned out great! Having the herculined trim really makes it stand out. The Jeep has Uniroyal Liberator A/T tires with a lot of tread left on them. In the last six months I have put in a very nice sound system that consists of: 6.5” Polk Momo MMC650s in the rear, 6.5” Polk DB650s in the front, a 400x4 watt amp pushing them (under front passenger seat), 15” Kicker CVR comp sub in a very heavy duty custom box, and a 1000 watt Lanzer amp pushing the sub. I ran about 150’ of new 14g speaker wire and 2AWG welding cable powers the sub. I will also include a very nice 6 disc Alpine CD changer that is very simple to install. There is also a very nice Uniden bearcat CB with a PA and weather radio in the Jeep and a 4ft fiberglass antenna on a custom rear taillight mount. It has a class 3 hitch that is already wired. It has vent visors, however, the rear driver's side one is cracked. The stock Cherokee headlights were terrible so I converted them to H4 lenses with Silverstar 9003 bulbs. The new headlights are a night and day difference compared to the stock lights. According to the original window sticker (in hand) these are the options the Cherokee has.

Customer Preferred Package 26J
· Air Conditioning
· Power Windows
· Power Locks
· Keyless Entry
· Power Mirrors, folding
· Light Group
· Rear Wiper/Washer
· Tilt Steering Column
· Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
· Roof Rack
· F/R Floor Mats
· Automatic 4 Speed Transmission
· Sunscreen Glass (factory tinted)
· Rear Window Defroster
· Fog Lamps
· Speed (cruise) Control

Replaced Parts (receipts for most):

New windshield on 11/29/01
New front brake rotors, pads, left knuckle, and caliper bolt on 8/1/01
New water pump, thermostat, upper hose, lower hose, and outer drive belt on 1/18/03
New MAP sensor, thermostat/gasket, and Bosch battery on 10/15/04
New power steering pressure line in 5/07
2AWG ground strap from block to motor (stock one is pathetic) 2/07
New hatch lift struts in 3/07

The Not So Good:

The emergency brake will not stay up on it’s own, but it does work. The previous owner gave a me a piece of wood he made to hold it up and it works just fine.

There is a small scratch on the hood (circled in photo) there is also a few blemishes where bird droppings sat too long.

The trim piece around the on/off cruise control button is broken, I’m working on getting another piece for it, shown in photo.

There is a small burn hole in the front passenger seat where I accidentally set down a hot soldering iron.

Drivers seat has the tear in the side, just like they all do.

This Cherokee is like every other Cherokee in the world and has the cracked exhaust manifold, It passes emissions just fine and doesn’t hurt anything, just thought I’d put it out there.

Now, You would never know it by looking at the Jeep, but it has been rear ended twice; both times at less then 20MPH. I have all of the receipts and insurance invoices from both accidents. I will put up pictures and show the extent of the damage. The first time it was repaired was 3/03/2003 and the second time was 4/11/2007. The Jeep drives perfectly straight down the road and has had no negative side effects from either accident at all. I just thought it would let the potential buyer know this so that there will be no surprises. It has a clear title and the damage really was minor.

I am asking $4500 and I would be willing (prefer) to trade if you have something of interest to me, don’t be afraid to ask, the worst I can say is no . I'm looking for a nice 240SX, Preferably a slightly built S13, but a nice S14 would also be good. Just let me know what you have. Vehicle is located in Franklin, Tennessee, 37064. This would make a someone a great daily driver or offroad toy.

I have tried to be as honest as possible in the description of this vehicle, If there are any questions at all, feel free to ask. I can be reached at 615-294-2686 or chondamx@aol.com.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by chondamx; 06-03-2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: broken link