For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.

FS: RB20det Clean S13 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:58 PM

FS: RB20det Clean S13 240sx

I have a 1989 240sx with a Nissan Skyline RB20det motor swap. It only had 105k miles on the chassie when I did the swap in 2004. This has been my project car for a good many years but all things must come to an end. The car is in great condition. I have done a lot of work cosmetically and mechanically to get it running in tip top condition. I was one of the first to do this swap in NC but I did everything right. Instead of the pig nose front bumper I replaced it with a '93 front bumper. The car has been repainted with the 350z liquid aluminum paint. I did all the body work myself but the spraying was done by a professional. It has about 3-4 coats of clear on it. It is buffed and looks great.

The engine is a RB20det out of a '93 gtst I believe. I do have pictures of the car in Japan that it came out of. It was originally an autotragic but I replaced the transmission with a tranny with about 30k miles on it. The motor btw has about 60k miles on it. I previously used an XTD clutch in it but it went out after about a year. I replaced it with an ACT unit and I have pictures of it to verify if you would like. I have not really even driven the car to break in this clutch so it has virtually no miles on it. It is waiting for someone to slap some suspension on her and take it drifting. I wasn't hard on the car. Now it is running fantastic I wish I could keep it. Clean title! I have had a lot of interest in the past but now she is truely ready. Come drive it it's great!

Vin: JN1H536P0KW005205
Asking Price: $5,000 OBO

Cell: 336 471 7124 (text during day call in the evening)
Sky240det@gmail.com

If you PM me or post I may miss it because there are too many forums to keep up with. Come look at it or shoot me an e-mail if you want more pictures.

The Good: Replaced Parts/Performance parts

300zxtt slave cylinder
300zx ACT clutch
Walbro Fuel Pump
Nismo Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
New Water Pump
New Battery
New Battery Terminal
Mostly replaced all hoses
New Head Gasket
New Intake and Exhaust Gaskets
Head was cleaned and polished
Alternator
Greddy Timing Belt changed less than 2000 miles ago
New Radiator
14" Perma-cool Fan temp sensor
10" electric fan (switch)
Front Mount Intercooler
Radiator Crossmember air ducting plate
Custom Covered Door Panels
Pinoneer 6x9s
Infinity Kappa Component speakers 6 1/2"
Liquid Aluminum Paint
Fender wells painted with undercoat
3" Magnaflow Mandrel Bent Exhaust
Resurfaced flywheel
3 New coil packs
Knock Sensor
New Spark Plugs
New power steering belt and alternator belt
1993 front bumper
SAFC
Blitz Dual Turbo Timer
RB20det Motor 65,000 miles
RB20det Transmission (replaced) <30,000 miles
1989 S13 Hatch 112,000 miles
TopHat Performance Mounts
Custom Driveshaft Bracket
New Power Steering Line
New Thermostat
New Turn Signals
New headlight bulbs and various others
Custom Ducted IC piping
P1 Performance Dyno Tuned
I'm sure I could think of more but you get the picture most of everything that would fail has been replaced.

The Bad:

Front Seat has a tear as usual it is an 1989 after all
Skyline Gauge cluster - Speedo and Tach dont work but will include original cluster to switch back over because there are easier ways of getting the original to work than the skyline cluster...I read the tach from the SAFC. Speedo is cable drive and difficult with RHD to LFD in the cable's length and bend.
Someone stole the radio which I will be replacing unless asked not to by a buyer.