For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.

PA: 92 hatch 5spd, $3000 obo, lots of maintenance work done

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 01:10 AM

PA: 92 hatch 5spd, $3000 obo, lots of maintenance work done

Name: Ryan
Trades: No trades, please
Price: $3,000 OBO
Year: 1992 DOHC non-HICAS w/HICAS rack
Model: 240sx Hatchback, 5 speed manual
Mileage: 200,000+ on chassis, stock rebuilt engine unknown mileage, replaced lower mileage tranny with unknown mileage
Non-smoker

I just moved to Pittsburgh for my first job and bought a Volvo S60R. I don't have a garage to continue working on this so it needs to go. It has treated me very well while I've had it since the Summer of 07 and driven I believe about 30,000 miles in that time. I just recently did a lot of work to it in hopes of getting it track ready but the new job and move from Philly to Pitt won't allow for a track car right now. This did get me out to Pittsburgh (300 miles) without any trouble after the big rebuild and passing PA emissions and inspection. I'm sure I'm going to forget some of the little things but I have receipts for everything. I believe this will make someone very happy on the street, autox, or road racing and I was building up all the supporting components as well as standard maintenance in preparation for a turbo system which will save someone a lot of money that is looking to do the same thing the right way.

I'll start in the engine bay. The motor was rebuilt at some point before I bought it. The clueless guy I bought it from had no idea though. Last I checked compression it was PERFECT. 178-180-179-179. Feel free to test it yourself. The tranny shifts perfectly, no synchro issues at all.

Brand new...
Rear main seal
Fidanza flywheel
OEM clutch
Oil pan gasket
Exhaust and intake manifold gaskets
Timing cover gasket
Accessory belts
Distributor cap and rotor
Alternator
Battery
Radiator
New stock CAT back exhaust, CAT is new too. Will provide a nice sounding Magnaflow muffler that used to be on there.
Electric fan (no mechanical fan)
Redline tranny and diff fluid, usually Castrol synthetic engine oil
JGS rubber engine and tranny mounts

Other Engine Bay mods...
Cold air intake
4-2-1 header
HICAS delete
(This means non-HICAS subframe and pump while retaining the HICAS rack)
No A/C but I have all the necessary tubing and the compressor to install it. I may have to ship this to you later as some parts are in Philly.
EGR delete
Butterfly valve and some other emissions deleted as per some of the instructional posts online
Clutch damper removed

Suspension, Brakes, and Chassis...
Brand new 225/40-18ZR Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum XL tires (maybe 100 miles on them)
Brand new RUCAs, rear toe arms, rear traction rods, and front tension rods. A lot of new hardware as well. (same milage as the tires, after 4 corner alignment was done)
These are a mix of eBay, Circuit Sports, and Megan Racing parts. I was planning on swapping in high end spherical bearings after the winter so I didn't care about expensive SPL type stuff to do the same job.
SPL Parts solid aluminum subframe mounts
Energy Suspension Full black graphite impregnated urethane bushing set. (front and rear suspension, steering rack)
Megan Racing lowering springs
(minimum 1 drop front and rear with the lowest increase in spring rate I could find, rides pretty well and the shocks are doing fine.)
Enjuku Racing SS brake lines
Brake pads have a lot of life left in them, parking brake was also tightened up.
All new ball joints on the lower control arms and tie rods
New right rear wheel bearing

The interior...
No radio. Planned on installing a DD sized in-dash NAV unit but didn't get to it yet. The last owner really screwed it up and left a lot of the wiring behind when he took the components out.

Moonroof doesn't lock in the closed position. I usually keep it up since rain water doesn't get in when driving anyways. I tried replacing it but the new (fragile) bracket broke during the install.

Everything else works. All lights, sliding seats and belts, locks, windows, climate controls, dash lights, head lights, and gauges, etc

The exterior...
It could use a paint job. Really pathetic attempt was done before I bought it and planned on redoing it. Overspray, original red color in the engine bay and door sills you get the idea.

Trunk hatch struts work, you'll need to connect the wires that were cut for the rear defroster.

No exterior rust

The bad...
Cracked windshield. Insurance might be fixing this.

Passenger side underbody rust - there are small spots under the front passenger's feet and the right rear passenger seat. I wasn't going to fix this until I installed racing seats. They aren't in a critical area and they haven't grown in size since I got the car.

Idle issue. I have the idle set high but sometimes the car likes to dip down to 500 rpms and jump around there until I tap the gas. No idea what is causing this but I also haven't really looked into it because it doesn't affect drivability and the car never stalls.

Serious inquiries only, this is OBO so I'm flexible but I'm in no rush as I have another car. I am by my email all day. Leave your phone number and I'll get back to you that day. If you only take calls after 5pm let me know in the email. You can also PM me on here.
pdvmotorsports@gmail.com

CURRENT PICS.

Last edited by PdV Motorsports; 10-06-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 PM

Current pics are up.

Last edited by PdV Motorsports; 10-06-2009 at 04:54 PM.