'For Sale' Suspension / Brakes / Wheels / Tires Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.

JIC Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 10:42 AM

JIC Coilovers

JIC Coilovers on sale, SF-1 $1375, FLT-A2 $1800 sales@mmsnyc.net

SF-1
Our entry level suspension. Features adjustable ride height and a fixed rate damper. For those that wish to lower their ride, but don't feel the need to adjust dampers. Includes upper pillow ball mounts. MacPherson strut designs benefit from front camber adjustability

FLT-A2
Our flagship coilover setup. The FLT-A2 features a light weight, 15 way adjustable monotube damper that ensures high strength and fade free performance. The ride height is adjustable separate from the spring perch giving you maximum suspension travel at any setting. This also allows for proper corner weighting of the vehicle without effecting spring preload settings. Linear springs give laser precision steering response. All models include upper pillow ball mounts. MacPherson strut designs utilize front camber plates and feature high tensile steel brackets. Multilink suspension designs feature a CNC machined aluminum lower brackets.

Last edited by mmsmanbkny; 03-17-2003 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:34 AM
Contributing Member

Edited per Kevin's request.

Night

Last edited by NightXCZ77; 03-17-2003 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 03:15 AM

On the topic of suspension , what should I look for if I want hardcore cornering stick and grip , high speed stuff , not autocross but like wide open tracks and such.

What kinda setup should I look at for that ? Also what other parts join in on helping handling , like I have heard of sway bars and such but dunno what they do. Someone wanna gimme a little tutorial ?

Here's the extent of my knowledge , I had a Acura Integra , handled great. Back end was really loose though. Stuck 17' x 8's on it , with Yokohama Parada rubber ( Z rated ) , helped tonnes in the handling. But the rear end was still waaaay loose. Any hard left to right type corners totally unloaded the back end and made it feels as though it was drifting but it wasnt' ( get my meaning ). So anyways how would I clean something like that up ?

I am looking at getting a 240 ( S13 or S14 not sure yet ) and dropping the RB25 in it. After that it's all handling. What should I look at for Killer handling at high speed ?

I am not a total n00b when it comes to cars , so you can use some pretty complex terms and I will come out ok.

Thanks guys , love this site and Nissan Power
Old 03-02-2003, 09:19 AM

Well geez, with the 240SX especially you have a range of things to do to solve handling problems, you have sway bars, poly-urethane buchings, upgraded control arms, upgraded tension rods, coil-overs, camber plates. They all play a part in the cornering of the vehicle.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:41 PM

Ok so they play a part in the cornering. But what would I be looking at for my specific application ? Just telling me that there are tonnes of parts for helping correct such things is no help at all.

After forums are for help are they not ?
Old 03-17-2003, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by CRooKeDCoP
Ok so they play a part in the cornering. But what would I be looking at for my specific application ? Just telling me that there are tonnes of parts for helping correct such things is no help at all.

After forums are for help are they not ?
What specifically are you doing with the car? If you are drifting, you definately need the Hard Tie Rods we sell. They allow you to turn the wheel further to get you out of almost full sideways drifts. Traction rods are very helpful with drag racing and taking slop out in general. Rear Upper Arms will allow you to correct camber for tire wear, add negative camber for road racing and keep it level for drifting. Pillow tension rods are great for everything and take out the rest of the rear end slop.
Hope this helps,
Kevin
Old 03-17-2003, 10:24 PM

I wanna setup the car fer hard cornering at high speeds. Maybe a little Autocross and Solo runs , other then that it's all high speeds and NO drift. I am slowly picking up what I wanna do with the suspension setup , but fer the most part I will be doing hardcore HP upgrades 1st. So what's a good FULL system to start with for relatively little cash ? Just to hold the extra ummph the car will be putting out ?
Old 03-18-2003, 09:44 AM

I would start with the FLT-A2 suspension and the Rear Upper Arms. This will allow you to dial in your tire temps at the track.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:12 PM

What do you mean dial in my tire temps. ? Like wetbox burnout at the dragstrip ?

If so I am not doing any 1/4 miles. No point to them fer me.
Old 03-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by CRooKeDCoP
What do you mean dial in my tire temps. ? Like wetbox burnout at the dragstrip ?

If so I am not doing any 1/4 miles. No point to them fer me.
he means so that you can get an even tire temp accos your tire so you have max grip and correct tire pressure

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handlin...ressure4.lasso
Old 03-19-2003, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by Catharsis
he means so that you can get an even tire temp accos your tire so you have max grip and correct tire pressure

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handlin...ressure4.lasso
Bingo
Old 03-19-2003, 04:46 PM

Ohhhh , ok I get it , thanks fer that. Ok so I was reading it over kinda , and they dont really go over how suspension helps temps. Can anyone elaborate on that ?

Last edited by CRooKeDCoP; 03-19-2003 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Contributing Member

You want your tire temps to be even across the surface of the tire and from tire to tire.

A higher temp indicates that one section of the tire is not contacting the road evenly across its width. You then can adjust your suspension to try to make the tire contact evenly. If the center if the tir is too hot you may want to lower the pressure. If the inner edge is hotter you may want to chenage the camber or toe - same for the outer edge.

This degree of suspension tuning is really beyond my needs right now, bu that is my general understanding to this point.

-Justin