Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

Apexi N1 exhaust question please answer

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 11:34 AM

Apexi N1 exhaust question please answer

Hey what's up everyone i got a big question, i just bought a 96 240SX and currently bought a AEM short ram intake but am planning on getting a Apexi N1 exhaust. my question is.

1. will it be very loud (my car is automatic)

2. Does anyone currently have one, and has cops given you crap for it?

thanks

RiseXAbove
Old 03-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

I have the N1 dual. I'm used to it, but it is very loud.

I haven't had trouble from the cops, but the rest of my car is very low key and I am not young looking. If cops will be a problem, you may be better off with something quiter, or maybe you could install the silencers.

-Justin
Old 03-20-2003, 12:08 PM

Is there anything that you would recommend that is quiet? thanks
Old 03-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Contributing Member

the N1 is a greta exaust for our cars.. my good friend has the n1 dual and is a nice sounding exaust... it is worth the moeny....

one more question

are you a hXc kid?
Old 03-20-2003, 01:21 PM

Nope on that hXc question, have no idea what it is.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by RiseXabove
Nope on that hXc question, have no idea what it is.
ok...
Old 03-26-2003, 02:49 AM
STD

you guys have a sound clip or something to see how loud it is. whats the power gain?
Old 03-26-2003, 09:07 AM

HMMMMM.......

The N1 exhaust is really loud on the outside...when you pass by, people will look....on the inside it wont be quiet but it wont be too loud either....i believe they said the exhaust will hit up to 103 db's...but if you dont want that, then put in the silencer...it will reduce it up to 7 db's........are you going to use your stock pipping because if you are, i know it wont hit 103...but if you go and have like custom 3" pipping put on it, it will be louder....but in all i would say go for it i have the dual and im sattified...the only other exhaust i would say get over the N1 is the HKS TI-series....but thats strically up to you and the 750$ you will spend on it.... ......

TERROR
Old 03-26-2003, 12:02 PM

Thanks Terror, So pretty much if i left my stock piping and just bought the normal non dual and had the silencer for the N1 i should be fine? thanks, i had a lexus and just don't want the same cop problem to occur, freaking cops and there 6 exhaust violations
Old 03-26-2003, 04:28 PM

hardcore music is where its at..
Old 03-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Contributing Member

Re: HMMMMM.......

Originally posted by 2-FORTY_TERROR
The N1 exhaust is really loud on the outside...when you pass by, people will look....on the inside it wont be quiet but it wont be too loud either....i believe they said the exhaust will hit up to 103 db's...but if you dont want that, then put in the silencer...it will reduce it up to 7 db's........are you going to use your stock pipping because if you are, i know it wont hit 103...but if you go and have like custom 3" pipping put on it, it will be louder....but in all i would say go for it i have the dual and im sattified...the only other exhaust i would say get over the N1 is the HKS TI-series....but thats strically up to you and the 750$ you will spend on it.... ......

TERROR
What stock piping? Both the N1 and N1 dual replace all the exhaust plumbing from the catalytic converter back.

-Justin
Old 03-27-2003, 12:48 AM

What kind of power gains do you get off the Apex N1 without changing out the entire piping? I think this is gonna be one of my first purchases when I get my 240sx.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:51 AM

If you are talking about getting just the muffler you wont get any...and if you did gain...would be like 1 hp at most. The Bottleneck of the stock exhaust piping would kill any hopes of HP gain cause the gasses still have to go through the same diameter piping all the way to the muffler. Save up and get it done right.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:58 AM

New Piping

Yes he right.....save up and get a shop to put all new heade back piping on your car you will gain i think my friend got 12.5 hp....but if your worried about noise then you better get the silencer for it....dont worry about back pressure...with 3" piping you still have plenty

TERROR
Old 03-27-2003, 05:57 PM

So would this be recommended as a good first step modification? How much would that run price wise do ya think? I only think I'm gonna have about $1000 lying around once I get my car.

Quick Reply: Apexi N1 exhaust question please answer