Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

best high oerformance exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie
$190.00 on ebay + $30.00 shipping charge
I dunno, if I were to get exhaust again I'd probably go all out and get RS-R Ex-Mag
Old 01-16-2005, 07:28 PM

what about the blitz realize TT. i have heard its much like the rsr but i personaly like the crome look better. it is only offered in 80mm. is this too much for my stock ka?
Old 01-16-2005, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by twofourzerosx
what about the blitz realize TT. i have heard its much like the rsr but i personaly like the crome look better. it is only offered in 80mm. is this too much for my stock ka?
The Blitz TT 80MM is built for turbo systems. If you want an exhaust for NA you would want between 56MM and 46MM. I believe 80MM is about 31/2". That is way to big for NA. Usually when ever you see a "T" or "TT" at the end of the exhaust products signature it usually implies that it is built for turbo spec.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Contributing Member

2.5" (63mm) is about the most you want to be with NA. Anything larger is too large for an NA motor to make power (we're talking regular street upgrades, not some mad scientist big HP NA machine)

BTW if you lived in a state where cops hassle about aftermarket anything, you'd pass on the chrome look - even if it looks good
Old 01-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
what about it/them?

That's like asking out of the blue "hey - what about chickens? Specifically brown ones or white ones? "
okay, how does it sound? I was going to get my SR, but i think i'm going to get coilovers, wheels, and Silvia conversion. I might also get exhaust and i was thinking of the GP sports with the silencer in for my backpressure. I know its big for NA, but it would save me money not having to buy another exhaust for turbo.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:29 PM

Pointless to substitute a silencer for backpressure. You have to calculate volumetric pressure and how many feet of pipe you are running. Anything that is over 2.5" will not work for NA. Infact I really wouldn't recomend a 2.5" for the KA24de it just isn't high Reving enough to need 2.5". Unless of course you are the guy that installed titanium retainers, forged internalls, and a counterweighed crank for high reving.
My friend who bought the RSX type S installed a 2.5" exhaust system, he lost major Torque in the midrange and highrange and it didn't achieve a difference in HP either. Which isn't the best thing if you are trying to achieve quarter mile times.
Honestly if you are going turbo later, just get your exhaust system later.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie Honestly if you are going turbo later, just get your exhaust system later.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Contributing Member

Alrighty then, just wondering...but is the GP sports spec D a nice system?
Old 01-18-2005, 06:44 PM

If you guy's want to keep it cheap, and keep your torque in a moderate range I would keep it simple. I would install a flowmaster muffler, or import 4 turbo muffler. Even though the internals of the muffler look almost as if it is stock OEM "it isn't". If you keep the stock exhaust piping and add just the muffler you will get the proper amount of backpressure. The internals of the muffler are what achieve the compensation in HP and Torque. If you open up a turbo muffler or Flowmaster Muf you will see that the piping from the insides are 3" in diameter or larger. Even though they carry all the same degree in bends as a stock oem muffler. Stock mufflers on the other hand reduce noise, and HP, while an increase in torque is made by reducing the diameter size of the piping "Torque being a byproduct of HP", and increasing the pitch in degree bends to the piping within the muffler.
Increasing the diameter size of the exhsaust isn't really that important to the HP increase that you will achieve, increasing your piping will make you louder and probably get you a noise violation ticket instead.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 01-18-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by JDMxDrift
Alrighty then, just wondering...but is the GP sports spec D a nice system?
Every company claims to have the best system. You will have to slap it on when you get your SR20det and find out for your self. Every company has "bragging rights", if they didn't there wouldn't be this thing called sales, or ridiculously high prices.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

okay thanks guys, i don't mean to be a pain in the A** asking questions. One thing i hate about my 240 is that there are soo many damn parts (not literally). Its hard to make up your mind, if you know what i mean. Thanks for you help though...
Old 01-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
Took that off my list (the only exhaust I've ever wanted for my car) when I found out that modified exhaust tickets in CA are now $500 + a visit to the State referee for DB check and mandatory full smog check.

I know this because I"m dealing with it right now.
what exhaust set-up did you have in your car jay? I wouldn't want to get that $500 ticket. daamnnnn
Old 01-18-2005, 11:22 PM

i think he had a magnaflow....not sure though.all i remember is looking at all the nice tein products =D
Old 01-19-2005, 12:52 AM

Originally posted by BigVinnie
Has anybody installed the Pacesetter MONZA series. It is pretty cheap and comes with 21/4 inch piping. Is it worth it for the price? I know that the pacesetter production is cheap and not "Really High Performance". I just want an alternative other than my OEM exhaust.
My 89 came withpacesetter (not sure what series) not installed just flopping around in the hatch and when I installed them my stering column that runs next the the header would make contact with the header under load like exiting a turn or just revving due to the engine rocking and would lock up my steering for a second
Old 01-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by KAsingleC
My 89 came withpacesetter (not sure what series) not installed just flopping around in the hatch and when I installed them my stering column that runs next the the header would make contact with the header under load like exiting a turn or just revving due to the engine rocking and would lock up my steering for a second
We're talking exhaust here, not headers.

As for my car, I didn't have a magnaflow - I had a Megan N1 muffler built like the HKS Hi Power system. Muffler was painted black too for "stealth mode" but it didn't last too long.

Quick Reply: best high oerformance exhaust