Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

Circle earth grounding System

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 05:15 PM

Question Circle earth grounding System

Does anyone know if the circle earth ground system messes up the electrical in your car. I have a friend with a 2003 subaru wrx he has the hks circle earth but it drained his battery does this happen in 240's or rx-7? Please respond if anyone knows or has had this problem thanks
Old 10-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

I've never heard, but if it drained from his then it's a possibility it can drain yours just as easily. Does the system have a capacator? and if you leave the system on with the car off, it'll drain the battery REAL quick.

Dr.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:15 PM

what is cirlce earth?
Old 11-03-2003, 03:01 PM

The circle earth is a kit with grounding wires. It is supposed to promote better flow of ground through your motor/car therefore producing more power because there is less resistance in the electrical system. I am not sure how that would drain the power, that doesn;t really seem to make sense at all.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:02 PM

i just ordered the hks circle earth ground wire... so ill let u know when i set it to the right points when i install them and tell u the outcome... but it's suppose to promote better electric flow throughout ur whole car
Old 11-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by S13drift3r
i just ordered the hks circle earth ground wire... so ill let u know when i set it to the right points when i install them and tell u the outcome... but it's suppose to promote better electric flow throughout ur whole car
How can a different wire promote better flow? Do they have a website or anything? What gauge is the wiring

Dr.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:29 AM

well i dont know what to tell u dr. but i think ur a smart person.... but just visit this link... it's where i order them.... i guess that's all i can say...

http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2mot...cireargro.html
Old 11-06-2003, 06:31 AM
Banned

Explaination!!!

I made some for my old celica GTS. I used some good amp wire, like 4gauge and some gold connectors. The main thing is how you hook them up. Different places give different results.

What it does is connect different parts of the engine and body that don't have good grounding because of gaskets and other things. This allows more current to flow when needed, gives less resistance, and grounds the sensors better.

The only way someones battery was to die out because of this is if there is a short or he connected it somewhere it wasn't suppose to be.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:02 AM

I am very interested to see the results of this. I've never had a problem with inadequate grounding before
Old 11-07-2003, 05:24 AM
Banned

I don't know about hp increases but it did give me a little more response(one of the spots i did was my throttle body). I read some cars run more rich, because the injectors are getting a better signal.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:21 AM

The grounding wires are a good deal. They lower the resistance in the electrical system. They should not drain your battery. It has nothing to do with the positive end of the battery. Your battery always supplies the 12+volts, but the grounds on the electrical end are tiny and lower the efficiency of the flow. I read this for the Hyper Ground Wires. Just think your engine is like a car stereo amp. It's got a lot of hps and it's big. On those car amps, they install thick pos. cables and thick neg. cables. to get the most power they can out of the amps. Same thing with your engine.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:36 PM

So can anyone explain to me how or where I should connect these ?, I also bought these but mine didn't come with instructions and I'm sorta lost. Hoping for the help.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:57 PM

wow this post is so old didn't know it was still up. I got my questions answered it doesn't short the system in the 240 but it does in the suby's. As far is finding grounding points. I believe anywhere that is a solid ground on teh motor will do.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:53 AM
Banned

Right now in my s13 i got three ground wires that i changed. I put on thick amp wire in the back of the engine to the firewall(it replaces a little wire that was on the exhaust side of the head)
I put on from the drivers side near the coil to the exhaust side of the head.
and I put an extra one on the intake side of the engine(where the battery ground connects to) and goes the the passenger side strut bolt.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:13 PM

see.. i woulda jumped on the circle earth things, but i never knew where the hell the wires went, so i didnt.. anyone have any solid ideas?

~Sunrise

Quick Reply: Circle earth grounding System