Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

megan racing exhaust/products any good?

Old 09-06-2005, 07:04 PM

Question megan racing exhaust/products any good?

Still trying to decide on an exhaust system, but just can't seem to get a straight answer. I want a pretty quiet exhaust, but I don't want it to look stupid hanging out of the back. The RSR ex mag exhaust is ideal for a stealth look, and from what I hear is very quiet. however I am not a big fan of the single and some what large tip. Which brings me to the question of the actual reason I made this post. I want to keep the dual tip style just like the factory muffler came with, however the only two that seem to offer such a tip style is JIC and Megan. JIC is a bit to high for my budget not knowing if it is really worth it, or if it even sounds good. The Megan racing seems to be much cheaper, yet it is very close to the same style as the JIC. My concern is that it is poor quality and/or very loud as the pictures I have seen of the system it seems to lack the resonator. Is this true, or is it simply not the complete picture or even the correct picture for the 240 application. Any advise on the Megan racing exhaust and/or any other exhaust system to advise on would be great.

Last edited by prjkt240; 09-06-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Contributing Member

I dont know exactly how their exhausts sound, but i can say that their products are good quality..
Old 09-07-2005, 06:06 PM

Wow, this has been up almost a whole day and still only one responce. I have been searhing the web for info on them and I seem to find the same things. All say it sounds great. Some say qaulity of build is good, with some fitment issues such as hanging at an angle, too far to the left or right, etc. Wish I could find a pic of the dual tipped exhaust on a 95-96 240. I am leaning towrds JIC or RS*R just becuase they aren't pollished like all the other brands. The rest of my 240 is plain old factory style, I want the exhaust to be the same way. I can't picture my faded old wheels and paint combined with a bright shiney muffler in the rear. Any feedback would be great.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

If you want stealth go with RS*R....I personally dont like the Megan cause of the long *** tip...I heard it fits and sounds good though. But its suppost to be LOUD. I like BRM Exhaust best....
Old 09-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Contributing Member

they're turbo headers are good quality... i assume all they're other products are too
Old 09-08-2005, 03:09 PM

A buddy of mine has an 05 RSX Type-S with MR Coilovers and he loves them..

Personally, with the MR exhaust, I was looking to get the Drif-Spec, which has a 4" tip, 2.5" piping, and is pointed up at an angle (like the S14 in the top banner). I mean, you can't beat $350..
Old 09-15-2005, 12:42 PM

Thumbs up

MEGAN PRODUCTS ARE VERY GOOD. AS AFR AS THE EXHAUST, THEY ARE NOT TOO LOUD.THEY HAVE A DEEP TONE AND ALSO THE EXHAUST COMES WITH SILENCERS. VERY GOOD PRODUCT
Old 09-15-2005, 12:54 PM

Before I put my Spec V back to (mostly) stock, my entire exhaust system was Megan Racing. Header, midpipe, catback. I still have the axleback portion on my car right now. The welds are all robotic TIG welds, and are great quality. The sound is good, as well.

With brands like MR out, I doubt I'd ever spring for a higher name brand again. Though, I'm not too thrilled with how the exhaust exits on the S13. I'm a sucker for angled mufflers, and in my fartpipes coming out straight back don't look as good. I'll probably end up buying an SS Autochrome turboback for my next 240, as they are a similar company to MR, which has good quality products.

MR and SSA both got a bad start in the import community, but they've made a good comeback and now make good products.