Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

s14 radiator in an s13

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member

s14 radiator in an s13

well some of us sandiegans that were at the sd240 meet the otherday know i had trubbles with my crappy radiator.. and i wanna thank all yall for being cool about it.. i asked around on what kind of radiator i should get, i needed one and i figured i might as well upgrade.. well i cant affor fluidine, and koyo right now only has racing radiators for the sr motor powerd sil's and then a friend of mine, whos name will not be mentioned, but needless to say that jordan gave me this crazy idea an s14 radiator will be better then a koyo oem replacemnt for the s13 and it fits with no modifications...

well i got a new radiator today.. i needed it because there was a big crack on the top of my old one, needless to say i got an s14 radiator.. it was my frist time doing something on this level.. i mean i dont know much about cars, but then again i can find my *** with both my hands so i know i didnt need any help..

well... taking the fan shrowd of was a *****.. then taking off the ATF lines were freaking too hard.. but after that it was smooth sailing... untill it was time to make everything look like stock again.. the first thing you will notice is that the s14 overflow spout is on the wrong side, although that doesnt matter because the s13 overflow hose is long enough to reach the other side, it was a hassel to get it to sit correctly with out bending or getting in the way of other things.. and the s14 upper radiator mounting brackets are further out then the s13 where there closer to the middle... but if you have a drill it doesnt matter you can just make you a new hole.. and that electeric fan infront of that clutch fan doesnt sit right, so your going to have to get the s14 electric ac fan.. and while your at it, you should get the stock s14 intake pipe because the s13 pipe has an unnessisary resinator that i couldnt figure how to get it fit so i modified my pipe to be like an s14's pipe.. it sounds meaner too when you do this for some reason

but in the end, everything sits firm, snug, and i can sleep tonight knowing my car isnt going to have a hissyfit on the way to work tomarrow. I did however find out why my radiator got busted to begin with. first of all, some moron..aka ME (((((((^_^;; acidently puts a lower viscosity(5 35 instead of 10 40* i ment to get the 15 55 because i have high miles) when i.. i mean he changed the oil. that alone wont brake a radiator as fast as mine broke(unless you drop from a 40 to a 20.. then you should just buy a new motor while your at it), but when i pulled out the old radiator, i saw in front of it like... 10 plastic bags completely covering the front of the radiator, so it wast able to get the proper amount of airflow to cool off... im supprise my car lasted aslong as it did

Last edited by irax; 03-28-2004 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:11 AM

wow, plastic bag hazards, huh?? Glad to hear it all worked out though. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Contributing Member

they were big thick plastic bags.. btw cbr 600 f3's kick ***, it might be my first bick when stop being so lazy and acualy get a license, but i really want a daytona 955i or a speed tripple with underseat exhaust..