Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

springs on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 06:02 PM

springs on ebay

afew questions...

1. Is it safe to assume that i can find quality on ebay for springs, meaning are there known good brands, but with the ebay bargain price?

2. what brands should i look at simply to stiffen and lower, w/out too much $$ involved?
Old 05-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

1. Yes, do a little research on the seller you are going to buy it from before you buy it.

2. Search
Old 05-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

I always approach ebay with the mindset of if this is a scam or a bad product i won't lose money that would put me in a bad spot. And i always read seller feedback and normally only deal with highfeedback sellers
Old 05-17-2004, 05:42 AM
Contributing Member

you may have heard countless stories about people getting jipped on Ebay but it's not bad - you can find good deals if, as stated above, you do a little homework and research FIRST, instead of believing in far-out lower than low prices and jumping into the deal blind.

Seller feedback is always the first to look at. Every seller has it - check them out and you'll see responses from people who bought stuff from them.

2nd would be buyer protection. Don't ever, ever send cash. Paypal has buyer protection and making an acct. with them is free.

3rd would be the actual product. Is there such a company? Do they have contact info or a website? Does the part number advertised match?

4th is common sense. Don't expect a $60 set of no-name springs to be the same quality and performance as a $160 set of proven, reliable springs.

Smart shoppers can get a lot of good stuff from Ebay because they use their head!

As for brands, there's a lot of Tein S-Tech and -Tech springs on Ebay. H-Tech doesn't go as low as S-Tech, and BTW you might want to look at a set of KYB GR-2 or AGX shocks - also of ample supply on Ebay
Old 05-24-2004, 06:05 PM

What about these blue and red coilovers called "t4RAC" they're dirt cheap on ebay...i doubt they have any quality but something tells me they're better than nothing right
Old 05-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by casey240fb
What about these blue and red coilovers called "t4RAC" they're dirt cheap on ebay...i doubt they have any quality but something tells me they're better than nothing right
No no no, IMO they are just trash. But somepople can live with the bumpy/harsh ride and them not fitting right
Old 05-24-2004, 10:56 PM

dont get them! my friend got them and they are crap, they lifted it if anything. i just ordered my springs today, i got some intrax.

you should get either intrax,rsr's,sprint or sportlines i have heard good things about all of those.

-Tom
Old 05-25-2004, 08:21 AM
Contributing Member

Actually they're not 'better than nothing'... they're about even because the ride will feel like you have nothing holding your car up... this has been talked about over and over in this forum bro. Save that money toward at minimum a set of quality springs... Tein S-Techs go for like $140 on Ebay, as one example.

I know the price of those "no-namer" coilovers or springs look pretty damn attractive (who would complain about $40 springs?) but look at it this way - would companies like Eibach and Tein and Progress, etc. still be in business if they sold their springs at $200+/- when a simple $40 would do? Suspension is a very important part of your car, whether it's stock or modded. A bad, springy, or mesed up suspension is really dangerous. Is it wirth risking your life for a set of $40 springs?

Okay I might be exaggerating a little, but it's absolutely possible. If your car is a statue (i.e. show car) then who cares. But it it moves in any way whatsoever (like us people who actually like DRIVING our cars) then you have to consider one of the most common phrases said in motorsports:

'You get what you pay for.'

Think about it. If you don't have the funds, then be a little patient and save up. Everyone does it (I'm saving up for some rear upper arms as we speak) so wait a little and you'll not only have something to brag about LOL ("I got Teins" instead of "I got $40 Ebay specials') and do it the right way
Old 05-28-2004, 10:53 AM

Good stuff good stuff, sounds convincing, you should go into motivational speaking cuz im definately altered. Yeah i think i get like 150 going on in the spend account and then start shopping, thanks for the info, but one more question...
springs lower, but the stock shock is still there ...so is that OK?
and shocks stiffen, but dont lower? i need both so coilovers the way to get both right?
Old 05-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Contributing Member

Good stuff good stuff, sounds convincing, you should go into motivational speaking cuz im definately altered. Yeah i think i get like 150 going on in the spend account and then start shopping, thanks for the info, but one more question...
springs lower, but the stock shock is still there ...so is that OK?
and shocks stiffen, but dont lower? i need both so coilovers the way to get both right?
1 inch springs on stocks will be fine for daily... then just upgrade when the stock wear out. However if you drive your car hard, then you're better off upgrading both components. You can go with some AGX's and Springs for about $500-600. That's a proven combo that a lot of people here seem to give a lot of praise to. Oh - when I say springs, you know... brand name stuff Plus the AGX's have enough adjustability to keep you busy for a couple months.

So there's the lower cost route that works great. Then from there your next step up would be for full coilovers (i.e. Tein, Tanabe, etc.). But entry for those parts is around $1000 depending on brand and features. These let you go as low as possible (although too low is just as bad), most have pillow upper mounts to correct front camber, and you get super dampening adjustability.

Well that's my opinion... until someone goes wacko mad postwhore repeating half of what I just typed LOL