Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

Tein S-tech or RS*R Ti2000 lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 04:07 AM

SO...
I finally saved up some cash to work on my suspension (1st project car...first car ever lol my 240 89) and well I ordered the KYB AGX and was stuck figuring out what to go with and since this is the parts review well i thought i would bring the question here,

I've heard lots of pro's about the tein s-tech alot of people seem happy with it but does n-e one know about the RS*R springs? Theres a limited year warranty for the teins but a lifteime warranty on the RS*R. I was feeling the teins until the whole one year sag warranty kinda pushed me away and i hard RS*R'S have the whole life time warranty. So what does everyone think about the choices? Oh yea im over sea's over in the philippines on my summer vacation and had some time to drop by lol take cares everyone! Thanks in advance

Dante
Old 06-18-2004, 10:15 PM

if ur willing to pay twice the price for titanium springs y not but its jus kinda pricey to me, but i bet the quality is great
Old 06-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Contributing Member

No problem with S-Techs when I had them bro... and the price is right (about $120) compared to the RSR's... mabuhay, don't get car-napped
Old 06-19-2004, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
No problem with S-Techs when I had them bro... and the price is right (about $120) compared to the RSR's... mabuhay, don't get car-napped
your filipino?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Contributing Member

Re: .

Originally posted by HATED1
your filipino?
hindi. LOL
Old 06-20-2004, 01:12 AM

Lol thats great

I got a new problem

WHen i did some research and came to a more new problem

Tein coilovers vs KYB Ti2000
They are roughly near the same price (teins a little bit more) hmmm i'll think about it on the way back home this wednesday only 3 more days til i get back to california (my battery's dead just gotta recharge it and everything shoudl be fine What does everyone think? lemme know thanks again in advance
Old 06-20-2004, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member

really stuck on getting those RSR's huh? Well, you can get a set of AGX's and S-Tech's for about $550, and the S-Techs go +/- half an inch lower... If you go coilovers add about $150-200 for starters depending on which model Tein coilover you get.

My dads car has RSR Down Springs, and I've had the S-Techs... they feel the same to tell you the truth... I know they're not ti2000's so it's not a legit comparison, but his RSRs still feel the same after 9 years
Old 06-22-2004, 08:23 PM

im gettin the Tein S-Techs with KYB AGX's tomorrow. if you go to www.********** there are a lot of people with this set up and they are quite pleased with it. The only reason you would want Tein coilovers, wether it be basics or SS, is that you want damping adjustability AND ride height. if you aren't going to the track, then springs/shocks should be fine.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:01 PM

Yea i heard alot of good stuff with the combo of kyb agx with the tein s-tech wheni ordered the kyb's my dad mentioned my tires are kinda wide which gave me a new problem...

"Would the s-tech tein's springs drop my car low enough where it would rub my car?"

If n-e one could help me out that would be really awesome

thanks in advance

Dante
p.s. I got back from pi a while ago and damn it was a blast. Also i do feel a difference with a strutbar (nismo) bling bling
Old 06-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by RealDS13
Yea i heard alot of good stuff with the combo of kyb agx with the tein s-tech wheni ordered the kyb's my dad mentioned my tires are kinda wide which gave me a new problem...

"Would the s-tech tein's springs drop my car low enough where it would rub my car?"

If n-e one could help me out that would be really awesome

thanks in advance

Dante
p.s. I got back from pi a while ago and damn it was a blast. Also i do feel a difference with a strutbar (nismo) bling bling
no way dude... me and a buddy of mine installed the kyb/s-tech combo on his 89 coupe and it's not even close to rubbing... give or take 1 finger gap depending on your tire size
Old 06-29-2004, 12:24 AM

Whoa seriously? Hmmm sounds good. Yea iheard it drops like an inch so i wouldn't think it rub but...well we'll see how it turns out thanks again
Old 06-29-2004, 01:41 PM

Hey u selling your tein springs?
Old 06-30-2004, 12:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by juztinvez
I'm getting rid of my tein's for rs-r's i like the quality of both companies products. my teins are too low for me and I want a stiffer ride and i think rs-r has more options for that.
Tein springs too low? didn't seem at all "too" low when we installed them... I guess it's a personal thing
Old 06-30-2004, 11:31 PM

get some ksport or d2 coil overs for about 800 dollars. we're having a group buy right now at nv**********.

http://nv**********/forum/index.php?showtopic=156

these are awesome suspension systems. ive seen, rode and driven this suspension and theyre great. go with 5/7 spring rates for the daily drivable ride, but if youre into drifting and autox, gotta go with at least 9/7.

if you can afford the Tein HEs go for it, but these will perform just as well.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:33 PM

btw, i use a GR2 with spring springs setup, and i still think its soft on the ride hah. but then again im comparing this to friends coil-overs. if you dont plan to really grow as a drifter at the track, GR2s work fine. My buddy Lennon here in Vegas used AGXs and Tein springs, and those did not work well at the track. but once he cop'd those D2 coilovers, his driving skills were put to the pavement and he did great. just a thought.

Quick Reply: Tein S-tech or RS*R Ti2000 lowering springs?