Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

Tension rod choices?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 01:43 PM

Tension rod choices?

So i just got back from a little goofing off in the rain and i kinda misaligned the steering angle of the car so i was thinking of upgrading my tension rods. I've read some good stuff about Tein but cusco haven't really heard much. So basically....

-What Tension rods would you prefer and why?

- Are the no nammers just as good as the name brand ones?

Thanks so much!
Old 12-31-2004, 12:00 PM
Banned

A friend of mine broke his t/c rod i think it was battle version.

I have Kazama and they work great. I got them cause they were red, lol. Nah seriously they look beafy and they have nice boots over the joint. Only thing i dont like is the bolts that come with it use allen keys.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:15 PM

I would of bought kazama but they were out of my price range. I went with Tein since they were priced more reasonable. Thinking of it now, i should of bought dgtrials T/C rods since it's just basically the pillowball bushings that you want.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

Some no-namers get rusty quick (especially in the colder parts of the world)... Tein rod are good (have some people running them as I type)... right now I have OEM rods with hard poly bushings installed in place of the factory "goo" thing... pretty good response, but not as harsh on bumps as with a pure pillowball setup

There's also SPL, TCS, Project Nissan, Tanabe - might want to look into this (although I don't know of anyone running anything but Tein's so far)
Old 01-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Contributing Member

I have the tanabe ones arriving shortly and will tell you how I like them.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

I have Tein's and they are great. I have heard good things about spl goodies

http://www.splparts.com/
Old 01-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

anyone running C-tune tension rods? Just curious.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:45 AM

hmmm so far teins are sounding preety good, My friend jon down in l.a. has some tein tension rods but still searching around...thinking about the teins since i got tein s tech springs. c-tune tension rods? I've seen similar ones on ebay but besides that not too sure
Old 01-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by RealDS13
hmmm so far teins are sounding preety good, My friend jon down in l.a. has some tein tension rods but still searching around...thinking about the teins since i got tein s tech springs. c-tune tension rods? I've seen similar ones on ebay but besides that not too sure
Hell yeah John's a homie... he's low profile usually with his mods too - not like "it's a secret don't tell anyone" kind of stuff (which IMO is gay LOL), but he doesn't go around calling everyone and their mom bragging about new stuff either - which is also gay!

Well one thing is for sure, he runs daily + autoX so he can give you better testing opinions than people who just run them on daily drivers.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Nunook
A friend of mine broke his t/c rod i think it was battle version.

I have Kazama and they work great. I got them cause they were red, lol. Nah seriously they look beafy and they have nice boots over the joint. Only thing i dont like is the bolts that come with it use allen keys.
yea that dam allen key! wtf is anyone gonna steal these or something???? i dont even have the right size... i have 18mm and 20mm but no 19mm DAMIT! ended up using a wrench and a deep socket to tighten in. these are sweet tension rods though..beefy as a ****
Old 01-17-2005, 01:09 PM

did u come down with ur red coupe for GT Live? if so im the other john of john's friend with the red coupe
Old 01-17-2005, 03:35 PM

LOL! well i did drive down the l.a. with my 240. (it was at jons apartment place) Its the one with the silvia key lock in the back. I have a red 240sx coupe, maybe ya saw it. There were these two other guys i met with the 2 86's plus a few of other friend's of jons. Wow didn't know u guys were from the club 240 boards lol!

With the tension rods...i ended up getting buddy club 17's inch rims equipped with nitto neo-gen tires. Im thinking of autocrossing one day but for now just gonna keep her wet in the rain After i save up a lil more cash that'll be my next step. I might end up with the Tein's i heard nothing but good stuff from them thanks again u guys!

Dante
Old 01-17-2005, 06:24 PM

LOL! well i did drive down the l.a. with my 240. (it was at jons apartment place) Its the one with the silvia key lock in the back. I have a red 240sx coupe, maybe ya saw it. There were these two other guys i met with the 2 86's plus a few of other friend's of jons. Wow didn't know u guys were from the club 240 boards lol!

With the tension rods...i ended up getting buddy club 17's inch rims equipped with nitto neo-gen tires. Im thinking of autocrossing one day but for now just gonna keep her wet in the rain After i save up a lil more cash that'll be my next step. I might end up with the Tein's i heard nothing but good stuff from them thanks again u guys!

Dante
yea i was the other john with the red 240 that drove with u guys to GT Live. lol didnt know u were on the forums either! and yea u showed me ur car when we went to his apartment at night
Old 01-19-2005, 12:51 AM

LOL! oh yea we cruised to d1 that day lol. Dude im digging ur 240, but im still happy with my 89 Didn't know u were on the boards either.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Contributing Member

LOL! oh yea we cruised to d1 that day lol. Dude im digging ur 240, but im still happy with my 89 Didn't know u were on the boards either.
So did you decide on what T/R to get?

Quick Reply: Tension rod choices?