Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

Update on boostdesigns

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 06:53 PM

Thumbs down Update on boostdesigns

Update: It is now 2/23/05 I have still not received the BOV. His response to a recent email was (I will let you know when it is delivered from the manufacture); this is the same ploy he has been using for 4 months. Again I urge everyone to buy from anyone else. I am not the only one with this same complaint. There are complaints from earlier dates in this forum. Please check these out as well.

How do I start with such a terrible experience? At first I thought oh great I have found a turbo kit for the KA motor and it’s not over priced. Let me say right now that I wish I had never bought this turbo this has been the worst experience I have ever had the misfortune of being in. Let me summarize for those who don’t want to read this entire post. I would have rather paid $4000 and gotten an overly priced kit than to ever meet this Perry Oakley (what a jerk). He talks real nice to sucker you into buying from him and then never contacts you after he has your money. I am sure he is going to try to rip apart this post saying that it was never like this but I have the proof.

On 11/15/04 full payment was made on a turbo KIT. At first everything seemed to be going fine. On 11/11/04 I received this emailparts started shipping yesterdat you should recieve pats monday of next week and thru out the week from my vendors i will send the final box of goodies at the end of next week when my injectors get in from RC engineering). In about a week I received a fuel rail and a downpipe. Then a week and an intercooler and another week and a turbo. On 11/30/04 I sent him an email saying Today I received a package with everything except the wastegate, blow-off valve, and all the 2.25'' I/C pipes). On 12/1/04 I received this email yes i am aware of the parts thats not in there they should be leaving today the shipment from my distributor was interrupted through the holidays). And again on 12/8/04 the I/C piping was shipped yesterday so they are in transit as we speak). Then suddenly on 12/16/04 we are witing on the next run of i/c piping to be completed the manufacturer is slowing down becouse of the holidays but they assure us the i/c piping will be finished shortly). And on 12/27/04 there closed today i think they will open on wednesday morning i will be back in the office tomorrow from christmas vacation i will notify you as soon as it leaves from the facility). Finally on 1/12/05 I received a package and emailed him (Today, 1/12/05, I received the I/C pipes but did not receive the BOV. I thought you said that the BOV would come with the I/C pipes; at the same time. And this was his response (they were suppose to put it in the box with it i will call them tomorrow and see). I have contacted PJ many times through email and by phone and have not gotten a response and feel lucky to have gotten any updates at all. As of today 02/23/05 I have not received the BOV. He has also not responded to the Pay Pal complaint and the Better Business Bureau complaint.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:13 AM

ibtl
Old 02-25-2005, 05:36 PM

STOP posting this crap!!! I lost all sympathy for you!