Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

240 a "chick" car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 05:01 PM

Unhappy 240 a "chick" car?

Just been feeling kinda bummed today, because i got another comment that my car looks like a girls car (I'm in high school). Theres nothing girly about it tho, 95 - 240 - all black, almost stock everything, except for the exhaust. People just dont know what it is. It frustrates me because I was so proud of my ride, I saved up and bought it myself with what little money I had. This will be the third or fourth person thats said something like "Thats your car? It looks like a chick car.". And it's really frustrating.

Just wondering if anybody else out there gets the same treatment. Does the general public view this car as a womens car? Or are my schoolmates just A-holes?

I was really proud of my car for a long time, now I'm feeling all self-concious about it, and its stupid.

Pic: Name:  IMG_0386.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  48.8 KB
Old 04-18-2006, 05:47 PM

I think your schoolmates need to be taught a lesson. Teach them how to ST*U you cant let people boss you around. IMO your car is cool. Two things, If you can get rims it will make people be like wow your car is cool now (same for me) get some good used ones if you dont have lots of cash. and two elbow grease on those front head lights and turn signals they look yellowish. Use a choice of wheel cleaners (there is a thread here about it somewhere) lots of circular motions with a rag and rim cleaner. it will look a bit cleaner. Thats just cosmetics if i were you. But you could just ignore it because its not worth your time and efforts of getting sad, if its your baby you could always comment like i do. Well its mine i like it and if you dont thats to bad because i dont liek your car much either. Shuts them up and its done with.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:41 PM

well, there is a 91 coupe driven and a limited edition convert, both driven by girls at my school
Old 04-18-2006, 07:50 PM

No way dude! Chicks cars are ***kin' super lifted trucks and mad hooked up rides usually. Yeah all you're classmates are a**holes.haha. THey probably just hatin on you havin a ride. Spray your wheels black, that would make it "Manly" and stuff.
So drop it and paint the wheels black if anything
Then when you drive make this face
Old 04-18-2006, 07:57 PM

Do a doughnut and then tell them to call it a girl car =P If not, paint the headlights to make it look like hte kouki ones and get kouki tail lights then lower it, no chick car then =] I have never been told my car looked like a chick car but my car is uber thuggin right now with black stockers.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:29 PM

s14s are girls cars..

get an S13..

jk..

just get some wheels, and a navan wing; that'll change their minds..
Old 04-18-2006, 08:45 PM

Back in the 80's and 90's they were chick cars. I know 3 girls that had them and tons of hair dressers drove them around. But yeah they all like suv's now haha
Old 04-18-2006, 09:17 PM

or just don't give a **** about what they say, lol
Old 04-19-2006, 12:15 AM

Originally posted by g3bio
I think your schoolmates need to be taught a lesson. Teach them how to ST*U you cant let people boss you around.
Haha, I'm not the kid that gets bagged on and pushed around if thats what you're inferring. They're not making fun of me so much as just believing that my car is considered a car to be driven by girls.

But yeah, anyways, I'm about half-way to saving for some Tein Flex C/O's and I can't wait to get them on. From there its some Black Polished 5zigens when I can afford 'em.

And most of you are right about the whole truck/suv/huge thing. Kids at my school are either driving SUV's or BMW's or Benz's (Live in the OC, lol).

And yeah, g3bio, I'll def get on those headlights asap, they look yellower everyday, .

Thanks to all for ur posts. I was starting to not appreciate my car. *horrified*. I just figured out how to properly heel-toe today, and I'll be getting that down soon.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:48 AM

**** 'em, they talk **** now, but in a few months they'll wanna buy your car.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

and you care what they say because? -you are insecure?
but seriously wheels/drop would really give it some *****
Old 04-19-2006, 01:53 PM

Psh, Lots of people I know call Miatas girl cars...I love Miatas. A few of my friends say RX-7's are girl cars...I love RX-7s. Who cares if it is a "girl" car.

If you really care this much just sell it and get a Humvee. I remeber in high school lots of kids were insecure about everything but who cares?!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by nightkid86
Psh, Lots of people I know call Miatas girl cars...I love Miatas.
Dude, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Miata + Slammed + Hardtop + rims = phuckin' BA.

Originally posted by nightkid86
If you really care this much just sell it and get a Humvee.
No way! I love my car, and wouldn't trade it for anything (in it's price range, lol). Not to mention I don't like SUV's, + the people with them are totally phucked right now with gas and all, my buddy with a lifted bronco is getting like 6mpg, lmao.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:26 PM

look at it this way, my best friend drives a dark purple '97 eclipse spyder, with a front liscense plate that his gf made him put on that has hearts and their initals on it. People make fun of him all the time until they learn the hard way it's a gs-t
Old 04-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Contributing Member

haha...miatas are the ****...dropped with 15x9 equip 01s = sex

oh and dont get the black and polished FNs they look like ***, if i was you i would get bronze, looks amazing with black. super flush FNs + dropped = anything but a chick car, some other things i would do is get the SE lip if u dont already have one and de-wing the trunk lid.

Quick Reply: 240 a "chick" car?