Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

best spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 12:29 PM

best spoiler

what is the best spoiler for an s13 fastback?
thanx for your opinion
Old 03-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

None...Wingless Hatch is the ishI know some people will agree too
Old 03-20-2004, 01:32 PM

i like the type-x spoiler but i def prefer wingless
Old 03-20-2004, 02:50 PM

i prefer wing less as well, but if i were to get a wing i'd choose the Wangan wings, they look nice. Choosing a wing and everything i think really deals with your style and taste, i say just do what yo want, it is YOUR car.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:37 AM

not a double decker 3 foot alluminium (sp) wing
Old 03-21-2004, 04:30 PM

Im gonna be the only one in these whole furoms to say this!!!
Aluminum wings will look good seeing as I own a fastback(Oem spoiler getting rusted to hell) I think Aluminum wings where made for fastback cars cuz imo they look good on these kind of cars. The F & F eclipse didnt look bad with this wing but seeing as most of these guys hate rice and aluminum spoilers are associated with Rice they hate it with a passion.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:24 PM

hey what do you guys think of the silvia K's spoiler on a zenki s14?
Old 03-21-2004, 07:08 PM

by "silvia K's" i'm going to assume you mean the s13 silvia K's spoiler, hehe if i'm wrong just correct me...hrm a s13 silvia K's spoiler on a s14.. ::visions:: i actually think that'll look pretty nice, i never seen that done but i think it'll look good.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by U_NeeKz
Im gonna be the only one in these whole furoms to say this!!!
Aluminum wings will look good seeing as I own a fastback(Oem spoiler getting rusted to hell) I think Aluminum wings where made for fastback cars cuz imo they look good on these kind of cars. The F & F eclipse didnt look bad with this wing but seeing as most of these guys hate rice and aluminum spoilers are associated with Rice they hate it with a passion.
Biggest problem with those spoilers...pointless. They have no use except to "look good"
Old 03-21-2004, 07:33 PM

there are a lot of spoilers that are pointless, that's if you mean that they don't add downforce when you say they are pointless.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:49 PM

Spoilers on 90% of imports are pointless, just style. Do you really think any of those civics with 5 foot alluminum wings really need downforce? Stock b16 with an exhaust tips dont make that much power, despite what your friends keep telling you. If you have a stock 240, its not going to need downforce. If you have a 240 with an sr20, its not going to need downforce. Your cars aren't going as fast as you think. All of those wings do nothing.

And U_NeeKz, those wings don't look good. They were popular for a while because they were a new thing, now they are old. Want a sure way to know if something you put on your car is old, played out crap? Check if APC makes a replica of it.

Last edited by rps13VEk; 03-21-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Biggest problem with those spoilers...pointless. They have no use except to "look good"
...so you're saying that aluminum spoilers "look good"?

I agree... BACK IN 1999! ROFL
Old 03-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rps13VEk
Want a sure way to know if something you put on your car is old, played out crap? Check if APC makes a replica of it.

deep, profound, and yet, simple.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:55 AM

why do ppl keep using the stupid movie f&f as a reference, **** THEM. im tired of hearing that thing. everyone keeps mentioning it every forum i goto. especially noobs. f&f SUCKS.
anyways, ER34 wing might look good on the hatch. i still need to find a pic of the wing and photoshop it onto my car.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by lionel
why do ppl keep using the stupid movie f&f as a reference, **** THEM. im tired of hearing that thing. everyone keeps mentioning it every forum i goto. especially noobs. f&f SUCKS.
anyways, ER34 wing might look good on the hatch. i still need to find a pic of the wing and photoshop it onto my car.
Oh what import racing movie do you love?? Redline

Really these people are so biased, Who cares what spoiler they place in there car as long as there happy with it I swear its pathetic how people bash others for trying to do something unique, When I see a car with decals and big rims and spoiler and a nice paint job I dont go "what a ricer" I give them props just cuz a civic is not as fast doesnt mean you cant have fun driving it. Oh well who cares you guys just keep your cars looking stock and miss out on the second looks that most makes you feel like your driving something beautiful not just another one of those.
Im personally thinking of putting some black tribunal decals all on the side, Sleepy eyes, and maybe after I remove the rear wiper and spoiler I might put a nice sleek aluminum spoiler my s13 will look really unique and that is what I want.

Quick Reply: best spoiler