Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

best spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
...so you're saying that aluminum spoilers "look good"?

I agree... BACK IN 1999! ROFL
No, that didnt come out right but I dont think bigg wings look good on most cars at all, espicalyl on 240s.

Originally posted by U_NeeKz
Oh what import racing movie do you love?? Redline

Really these people are so biased, Who cares what spoiler they place in there car as long as there happy with it I swear its pathetic how people bash others for trying to do something unique, When I see a car with decals and big rims and spoiler and a nice paint job I dont go "what a ricer" I give them props just cuz a civic is not as fast doesnt mean you cant have fun driving it. Oh well who cares you guys just keep your cars looking stock and miss out on the second looks that most makes you feel like your driving something beautiful not just another one of those.
Im personally thinking of putting some black tribunal decals all on the side, Sleepy eyes, and maybe after I remove the rear wiper and spoiler I might put a nice sleek aluminum spoiler my s13 will look really unique and that is what I want.
Go for it bro, its your car and YOU deciede what to do with it. I try and not discriminate on other people, espically there cars because its their own style.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:14 PM

i think wangan wings look good on fastbacks, and yeah a type-x wing would look sweet
Old 03-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

Oh what import racing movie do you love?? Redline

Really these people are so biased, Who cares what spoiler they place in there car as long as there happy with it I swear its pathetic how people bash others for trying to do something unique, When I see a car with decals and big rims and spoiler and a nice paint job I dont go "what a ricer" I give them props just cuz a civic is not as fast doesnt mean you cant have fun driving it. Oh well who cares you guys just keep your cars looking stock and miss out on the second looks that most makes you feel like your driving something beautiful not just another one of those.
Im personally thinking of putting some black tribunal decals all on the side, Sleepy eyes, and maybe after I remove the rear wiper and spoiler I might put a nice sleek aluminum spoiler my s13 will look really unique and that is what I want.
"Joyride" LOL
Old 03-22-2004, 09:10 PM

who cares bout import movies, ill just go out and live the real deal, not sit and watch some **** when i can just get in my car and have fun
Old 03-22-2004, 09:21 PM

Originally posted by E Spin
by "silvia K's" i'm going to assume you mean the s13 silvia K's spoiler, hehe if i'm wrong just correct me...hrm a s13 silvia K's spoiler on a s14.. ::visions:: i actually think that'll look pretty nice, i never seen that done but i think it'll look good.
I dunno what the s13 K's spoiler looks like, i was sayin the s14 K's spoiler

Last edited by ridesnowx4; 03-22-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
"Joyride" LOL
Horrible...
Old 03-22-2004, 09:51 PM

Can someone tell me what Joyride is? I want to be in on the joke too
Old 03-22-2004, 09:58 PM

Oh well who cares you guys just keep your cars looking stock and miss out on the second looks that most makes you feel like your driving something beautiful not just another one of those.
Take my word for it, those second looks are people either:

1. Laughing
2. Calling you a ricer
3. Saying your car is nice
4. Choking (from laughing)

Keep in mind that the people who fall into number three probably base their information on "good looking" parts from Need for Speed Underground (No 2f2f refrence for me!), this makes them ricers. Flames, underglow, and Batman style wings are old.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf...286785&intl=us

There you go rps
Old 03-23-2004, 01:48 AM
Contributing Member

Oh well who cares you guys just keep your cars looking stock and miss out on the second looks that most makes you feel like your driving something beautiful not just another one of those.
I dunno but I make my car look good to me - I'm not an attention ***** who needs everyone and their mom looking at me wherever I go... plus what happens when your car gets too much attention?

Prime target to get stolen.

So you can throw your stickers up on your car, remove the rear wiper (is there a point, other than bad vision in the rain?) go sleepy eyes (without a proper kit all you'll do is have bright spots underneath your front bumper) and throw on a 3 year old aluminum spoiler on your car. It's cool - it's your car.

Glad it's not mine though.

$0.02. Don't get offended.

BTW I bought my car because it's beautiful from the beginning. Not to turn it into some transformer-looking thing
Old 03-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

what this all boils down to is a matter of interpretation and/of taste. some people don't see the point of doing anything to a car other than make it faster, handle better, or brake better. others just wanna look good. and still others just don't give a **** and do what they like.

unfortunately, with the proliferation certain themes when it comes to modiftying a car's look, it becomes harder and harder to be "unique". metal wings? done to death. underbody/in car neon? the same. big, shiny rims? stickers? banners? exhausts? front/rear end conversions? painted interiors? clear/altezza tails? racing seats? all done more than a $2 ***** with a half off coupon. so what happens is that all efforts to be different end up leading one to look just like everybody else. so it's getting harder and harder for that to become a justification for styling mods. it would just be simpler to say "just because" rather than state the desire to be unique. add to that the number of cheap, mass-produced parts and that just confounds the quest for "automotive individuality" even further.

now, that's not to flame anyone, but rather offer insight as to why the whole "i wanna be unique" thing doesn't fly so much anymore. wanna be unique? buy a McLaren F1. only like 100 of those in the entire world. there ya go.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:18 AM

What's so old about spoilers and Underbody glow kits?? DUH! there been around for a long time so what?? whats your point???
So just cuz its been around means its not cool?? That is a dumb point to try to make. Im sorry I never seen a uproar of aluminum spoilers in 1999, or every astrovan with neon underbody kit's.
I still think its really lame how you guys bash car accesorys, I see a chevy american muscle car and its chromed out v8 I dont go "oh my god that is soooooo last centuary" I give the owner his props even tho this has been around for god knows how long.
Nothing wrong with making your car look good so get off it already. I don't get the "Joyride" thing and im sure if it was a joke or just a saying its just lame, Civic's can't be fun to drive? that is what your are saying.......
....oh please!! Give me a manual civic with a B16 vtec and some Nos and I will have plenty fun.

l2aine your 2 cents are always welcome as any other poster in this furom.
Truth is I like the aluminum spoiler look cuz of this import mag I have and a 240 with a silvia front end and alot of other stuff on it I think it looks really nice as for my car I dont think that spoiler will really look good sadly my 240 is stock and the rear end is kind of high and it would look wierd

Ps. sorry for the poor quality of the picture but you get the idea
Attached Thumbnails best spoiler-resize-im000182.jpg  
Old 03-23-2004, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
what this all boils down to is a matter of interpretation and/of taste. some people don't see the point of doing anything to a car other than make it faster, handle better, or brake better. others just wanna look good. and still others just don't give a **** and do what they like.

unfortunately, with the proliferation certain themes when it comes to modiftying a car's look, it becomes harder and harder to be "unique". metal wings? done to death. underbody/in car neon? the same. big, shiny rims? stickers? banners? exhausts? front/rear end conversions? painted interiors? clear/altezza tails? racing seats? all done more than a $2 ***** with a half off coupon. so what happens is that all efforts to be different end up leading one to look just like everybody else. so it's getting harder and harder for that to become a justification for styling mods. it would just be simpler to say "just because" rather than state the desire to be unique. add to that the number of cheap, mass-produced parts and that just confounds the quest for "automotive individuality" even further.

now, that's not to flame anyone, but rather offer insight as to why the whole "i wanna be unique" thing doesn't fly so much anymore. wanna be unique? buy a McLaren F1. only like 100 of those in the entire world. there ya go.
Well said but its about the eye of the beholder and when I feel my car is unique there wont be any questions about it cuz who doesnt want there car to be one in a million??? People modify there cars cuz they either want more performance or better styling either way it will be different and that makes anything worth wild if it is just a engine swap or front end conversion.
I know s13 are thriving right now cuz of there huge number of mod's not cuz how they where stock.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

The good thing is, you're taking it like a man - and not getting all defensive like some kids do on the boards. This is good as it shows a slight level of maturity and ability to absorb criticism.

What's so old about spoilers and Underbody glow kits?? DUH! there been around for a long time so what?? whats your point???
So just cuz its been around means its not cool?? That is a dumb point to try to make.
Now then, in response to your last post - I never said they're not cool (I never said I'd use them either) and I don't think that was Sil40's intention either. In the end I think our points aren't "dumb" but rather well supported - All it takes is one ticket to Import shows like "Hot Import Nights" or "Import Revolution" to see what we mean. Ever wonder why the Honda kids started grafting Silvia front ends onto their Integras, or Mustang tail lights onto their Civics? It's simple - because there's no point in just "aluminum spoilers or Altezza tails" anymore because everyone has done it. There's no "uniqueness" anymore, and eventually it becomes old.

Im sorry I never seen a uproar of aluminum spoilers in 1999, or every astrovan with neon underbody kit's.
As far as you "not seeing the uproar in 1999" I guess it just depends on where you are. I'm guessing that "PR." might not be a State (Puerto Rico maybe?) but I was raised in Southern California, Los Angeles area - where "fads" etc. come and go like wildfire.

I still think its really lame how you guys bash car accesorys, I see a chevy american muscle car and its chromed out v8 I dont go "oh my god that is soooooo last centuary" I give the owner his props even tho this has been around for god knows how long.
Now you're misunderstanding my point - I'm not bashing car accessories and I don't think I ever said that in this thread. I've got a host of accessories on my car - I was however bashing aluminum spoilers because they're "played out" to most of the country and the whole scene altogether. And to tell you the truth I USED TO HAVE AN ALUMINUM SPOILER on my last car, so I'm not speaking out of ignorance. I've had one - it seemed cool before but that was almost 5 years ago. When I got mine it cost about $250. Now you can get one on Ebay for $30... doesn't that tell you something?

Nothing wrong with making your car look good so get off it already. I don't get the "Joyride" thing and im sure if it was a joke or just a saying its just lame, Civic's can't be fun to drive? that is what your are saying.......
....oh please!! Give me a manual civic with a B16 vtec and some Nos and I will have plenty fun.
Dude stop putting words into our mouths because I for one know I never said that it's wrong to make your car look good. I recall saying "I make my car look good to me". I was also saying that I personally wouldn't do the mods you plan to do to your car.

As for a Civic being fun to drive... I don't think it is.
Been there done that - it's not fun anymore after driving an Evo. Again, I'm speaking out of my own personal experience so in this case I can say that a Civic with NOS and a B16... spins one tire a lot. That's not plenty fun compared to power-sliding an Evo.

l2aine your 2 cents are always welcome as any other poster in this furom.
Truth is I like the aluminum spoiler look cuz of this import mag I have and a 240 with a silvia front end and alot of other stuff on it I think it looks really nice as for my car I dont think that spoiler will really look good sadly my 240 is stock and the rear end is kind of high and it would look wierd
No prob - some people can't take criticism or personal opinion without getting their panties in a bunch.

BTW that's not aluminum - it's a carbon fiber rear wing commonly found on Drift cars in Japan... I know Rotora makes one here now, and there's a few molded ABS copy versions on Ebay... but the real thing is a high $$ carbon fiber unit.

Kind of like actually having a $3200 Lexus Altezza... instead of buying aftermarket parts to make your $12000 Civic look like it - There's a BIG DIFFERENCE between the two to those who know.

BTW "Joyride" was a dumb movie about a trucker who stalks 2 brothers and a girl who's driving cross-country. The joke part about is has to do with Paul Walker - "JoyRide" came out on DVD right after 2F2F made $$$ and Paul Walker was popular, so they put him on the DVD cover and made it look like "yet another car movie with Paul Walker".