Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Blackzenki's back in black, round 3....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

well guys, got my 4th, and hopefully final alignment... here's the specs... and of course, pics...

Front Caster= 7.5
Front Camber= -1.5
Front Toe= 0

Rear Camber= -1.25
Rear Toe= 0.5

and i maintained the wider track on the RLCAs, but brought them in a bit to eliminate that axle rattle i was having... so far car rides nice and smooth, got a good looking stance, although not retard low, to me, it's spot on... and the handles A LOT better now...

on with the pics....

didn't know which *** shot i liked better so I'm posting both....

split shot...

that's all!!!

oh, and mid alignment, the manager at Firestone came up and said they would no longer be able to do alignments on my car cause of all the aftermarket parts, and the fact that it takes like 2 hours each time (4th time there in two weeks LOL), and that he would finish this last one, and no more...... i told him that i paid up front for lifetime alignments after telling EVERYONE at the counter that i was getting adjustable suspension, and he said "whoever sold you the alignment, should not have, cause they're not allowed to do that on aftermarket parts"

i was like WTF?

so i told him, "okay, that's cool, then you go get the Lifetime Alignment contract and show me where it states that you're not allowed to do alignments on aftermarket suspension, and i'll just take my FULL REFUND of $170 for paying for a service you don't/can't offer and i'll go to Goodyear"... he went inside, i watched him flip through a bunch of papers, and i never heard from him again..... D Bag...

fun day!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Contributing Member

ummmm

looks like i'm getting another S14...... should be getting it this weekend...

fresh rebuild..

KA20DET LOL... i'll be switching it back to coil packs, and CAS..

outside shots, no GTR wheels though, i have to use my SE's off the black car, glad i never sold em...

mods list....

exterior:
r32 gtr wheels
clear corners
shorty antenna

interior:
very clean interior
greddy shift ****
boost, oil pressure, water temp gauge

suspension:
tein s-tech springs

engine/tranny:
KAAZ 2-way lsd
0 miles on a fully rebuilt redtop sr20det block and head
head has port and polish
block has new bearings, OEM pistons and rods
apexi headgasket
arp headstuds
12" electric fan
greddy intercooler piping and FMIC
t25 turbo
apexi TBE
intake
megan racing manifold
resurfaced flywheels
act extreme clutch kit (sprung 6 puck)

and it's got a few bad things that need attetion...

the shift fork is off the shaft, so i gotta drop the tranny and get that right.....

it's running pig rich due to what the owner thinks is a CTS

and the harness is fubar... it runs, but like ****....

nothing old BZ82 can't handle....

my options so far are to fix it up, and use it as a drift beater, or fix it up and use it as a low boost "what 240 do i want to drive today", or to fix it up, and flip it...

i wont even tell you guys what I'm getting it for... cause it's so crackhead cheap it'll drive the whole 240 market in the ground....
Old 07-09-2009, 07:26 PM

what the hell dawg, that's what... the 5th 240? Save some for the rest of us man....

nice find there though
Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

4th actually.... and since none of you guys are local, i'll let ya all know what I'm getting it for...

$2500
Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 PM

another? pm me how much you got it for...lmao

edit just saw
****...thats 300 more then what we paid for my pos.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member

yours isn't a POS... i've read your build thread, it's not bad at all man, and will only get better with time...
Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 AM

well right now im loving it cause its REALLY low in the front for me...just gotta do the back, but i was gonna wait till when i do the subframe in like a month..but im just gonna do it now i think.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member

well, got the new S14 to the house today...pretty much exactly as it looks in the pics, maybe a tad rougher around the edges, but so far, by all out ward appearances, nothing too too serious....

wiring is a mess, completely.... motor needs to be put in order... interior is MINT!!!! on probs with the interior is a lack of a CD player, shift boot, and OEM floor mats...

trunk is bare, yet painted at least... suspension is, well, basically stock with the exception of springs...

but the car has 76k ORIGINAL miles, with a freshly rebuilt/semibuilt Red Top SR20DET..

well, on to the pics.... sorry about the low quality... as it was rainy, and the lighting was bad...

motor's clean as ****, but the wiring.... good god, i'm going to have fun with that...

few shots of the interior.... pics don't do it justice, the interior is MINT....

Florida Verified mileage...

not a bad ****...

so, sitting here, drinking my usual rolling rock beer, going over the pics again, is SERIOUSLY making me consider doing another swap project, basically swap everything on to this car, as the body is in pretty damn good shape, interior is mint, and hell, there's under 77k miles on the car, and ZERO miles on the motor...

we'll see what i end up doing with it.... just figured you guys might want an update!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:16 PM

Damn you on finding the deals!!! LOL I hope when I get back to the US that I can find some good deals like that! My S15 will be my track/show car and I want to get a S14 240 for my daily.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Contributing Member

hit me up when ya get here, i might be able to find something for you... hell i got my bone stock, minty fresh 96 for $3250... and my new one for under $3k....

well, got started on the new S14 today... what a mess... i wont go into any crazy paragraphs, i'll just let the pics and captions do the talking...

got about 1/2 of the random trash pulled off the motor... still got a little ways to go to clean it up... under the dash in another story....

pulled harness, and misc crap, already looking nice!!

check this out... i think it's the OEM S14 KA harness... no wonder this guy was having problems with this car, and the wiring was an ENTIRELY different story that i don't even want to get into...

what ECU is this? stock KA?!?!?!?!

good news is, all the AC lines have been converted to work with the SR AC compressor, which is in the back seat, so it seems like when all is said and done, this will be a A/C, Heat, and power steering car, maybe even cruise control if i feel froggy...

another surprise, owner said they were Tein springs... even better, Eibach Sportlines!!

another part to order... blown out/leaking clutch salve...

nice fully secured shift fork LOL... both clips are off, where it's mounts to the pivot ball, and the throwout bearing... looks like the hardest part of this project is gonna be dropping the trans and fixing that.. but you can see that ACT extreme clutch in there, NICE..

ooooh, GReddy oil filter LOL....

BZ Werkz

that's pretty much it till i get some of these parts i ordered rolling in, i might drop the tranny and get that situated sometime this week... who knows...
Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 AM

..i thought you where black...not to be racist..hahahaha. but uhh, god i love your build threads...make a ka-t car. i KNOW it'd be badass.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Contributing Member

nope.... Irish as the day is long (parents immigrated to the US/Chicago two months before my twin bro and i were born)......... so I'm pretty much pasty white!!!

maybe my S13 coupe i eventually get for a drift car will be a KAT car... i've been thinking KAT now that SR's for me are kinda "soooo 2008"
Old 07-13-2009, 12:03 PM

hahah. you can pull that sr, sell it. and be able to build a KA-T plus a little extra. I bet..
Old 07-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

^
LOL.... i could sell the SR for what i paid for the entire car lol

another update! sorry for the same day multiple updates... and for being minor "nothing cool's going on" updates...

i already started swapping parts from the new car to the black one... so far, the driver side window switch panel (you know how the little mounting screw tab ALWAYS breaks in S14's...), the unbroken radio bezel, and i finally got my wide band out of the damn ash tray!!!

pics..

Before (black car)... broken bezel, wide band in the ash tray...

after!!!

and a shot to show gauge to knee clearance... alrady went for a little spin... clears just fine!

also, as a side note, that double stacked GReddy EBC and FATT set up, will be the EXACT same set up in black, in the new car, if i don't sell em first, as i got em both as a set for 2 hundo!! wicked deals FTW!!

and a couple shots of both S14's kinda snoozin' back in the driveway...

and i also stole the stubby antenna off the gray car, tu use on the black car, and put the CB sized antenna on the gray car..

Before...

after...

i might do more today... all depends on how bored i get....

Last edited by BlackZenki82; 07-13-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:34 PM

nice progress, thats a nice antenna.

Quick Reply: Blackzenki's back in black, round 3....