Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Blackzenki's back in black, round 3....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Contributing Member

S14 guy of S-Chassis.com eh? SAAA WEEEET...

okay, the thing with the sticker is that over time, it can fall off, making the diff LOOK like an open, like mine, by all outward appearances.. when in fact, the guts contain the two tire fire, and not the one wheel peel... so, that being said, to find out in you have a VLDS, jack the back of your car up, put it in neutral and spin on wheel.. if they both spin in the same direction, it's a VLSD, if they spin in opposite, it's a open, also, if in gear and you turn a wheel, then a VLSD should spin in opposite directions...

well i called it a night on the motor works, got burned out for the day, after cranking for 13 hours on it... no one really helped, my boy EZ came by for about an hour, helped me guide the KA out and hauled ***... so pretty much all was done by me today...

here we go, pics and captions....

Good morning!!! the day begins!!

stripping the KA down.... truck motors, SHEESH.. seriously, i didn't realize how much crap i pulled off of my 240's that wasn't needed, till i got this bone stock, untouched S14, there's a lot of unneeded crap......

pulling the KA, EZ letting it all hang out...

it's out!!! need to find a dumpster... (******* EZ and his fingers)

i think the auto trans was replaced recently, look how clean it is compared to the motor..

the pony's hungry NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!11!!one!!1

and now on to the SR pull.... (solo pull...)

Lt. SR Dangle

got my SR AC bracket fabbed and ready for mounting...

KA compressor to SR AC bracket adapter plates on, ready for AC!!!!!!!! (thanks Codyace!)

finally got my stainless mani on, it's been laying around for months...

...and my GReddy GREX oil filter relocation kit... to be mounted on lower frame rail for ease of filter removal while draining the oil, K&N filter FTW...

money shot.... custom uber fast spoolin' Pulsar GTIR T28!!

that's pretty much it for today.... tomorrow i install the clutch, and brake pedal in the new S14, as well as mount the FMIC and drill holes for the FMIC piping and the hole for the clutch master..... SR goes in... KA goes in... let's hope i'm not alone.... lol

Last edited by BlackZenki82; 05-31-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

pics and captions.....

for those of you who give me **** about me driving a auto KA... **** YOU....

.....more ****age in your direction..

...and **** your hard line on the fire wall....

...final.....

moving on....

getting ready to cut the bumper support..

....support cut....

...and FMIC mounted...

...my son doing some work...

...time to drop it off in there....

...got dark fast, but she's in...

another couple hours of work tomorrow after i get off work, and she should be on the road....

for the record, 5 speed swaps are a *****... those ******* pedals.... everything else is cake, but my hands are cut to **** from all that random metal up under the dash, and those hard to get to places....

more updates tomorrow!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM

god..im gonna hate doing the clutch pedal install. I did my brake pedal swap..I was so angry at the car..hahah.

good progess though
Old 06-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Contributing Member

I should post a picture of the knockout I used. It was so simple. I used that and a uni bit to open the holes for the bolts. Took me like 15 minutes to mount the clutch petal.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM

im a fan of the clutch line you used. looks like it made life simpler. thank god im a stickler about the 240s i buy and i only end up with 5spds.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

the clutch line is NICE, and a lot easier than trying to work the hard line back in the fire wall.... my buddy has a HP power steering line thats SS braided... i think that will be my next step... i also now have the inside line on SS braided lines, by the foot, so i'll be doing a be of redoing here in a while...

Updates, as small as they are.... pics and captions...

i'm officially 5spd now!!!

gauge werkz.... UGH... always my fav....

forgot to post this earlier, a clean bay is a happy bay.... MINT!!!! i love adult owned S14's...

full APEXi exhuast and 5spd D shaft are in, wide band's hooked up... car is ready to be dropped!!!

what a mess..... taking the driver seat out made life great tho!!! laptops with S14 Sivlia FSM's are a big help....

front all put together, FMIC is flipped to the shiny side.... mind the hood, it's not bolted down and sitting on the battery i stuck in there temporarily...

Motor is now fully installed.... i got some wiring to redo, mount the driver side of the strut bar, and clean up some stuff... but overall very aesthetically pleasing... (that clutch fan is temporary, until i get my elec fans figured out)

now for the conversation....

motors in, harness is hooked up, starts RIGHT up, YAY! right? wrong..... i guess somehow my No.4 injector took a ****, or it MIGHT be a wiring issue.. i used a test light, and i'm getting power and ground to the clip... but no spark or fuel...

to remedy the problem, i bought a set of DW 600CC injectors, in a SR rail with new O-rings for $2 hundo, and will be using that to cover the injector... thinking back, it might be that I'm getting no spark back there... i'll have to check that out...

600CC's
Z32 MAF
Nistune
T28 @ 18-19lbs
=
win

other than that, you can kinda see what's going on with the progress... like always, more to come!!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

well sorry for two updates in one day, usually i try to pile all in one... but i wanted to post some pics of my finished interior....

starting....

ugh......

cleaned up!!!

crappy C-Pillar bar is in...

final product.... i should do this for a living...

on and powered up!!!

finished.... now i feel better that my car looks like a car again....

thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:27 PM

sick dude, you should do this for a living haah
Old 06-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

lol, i mentioned the same thing on another forum... i should!!

well, i got more work done.... fixed an issue i had with the No.4 cyl not firing... left the coil pack harness on when we dropped the motor in, and the lip on the firewall cut it to ****... so i got that situated... wheels are on... fixed an issue with my harness that wasn't allowing me to tuck it right (re taping, pulling the "forks" back to allow a longer stretch to get to where i need to be..)

thats bout it for now...

just got a small list of things to do...

fix oil leak on GREX and oil PSI line (just not tightened down enough, easy!!)
run cable for battery relocation (battery's chillin by the cold pipe, YAYZORZ!!)
buy/install new coolant temp sensor (it just kinda fell apart... lol)
install my VLSD (rocking it open style right now)
run the vac lines for the Profec B/2 (ran as if i didn't have one...
Old 06-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Contributing Member

okay, well i got my new alternator in, and my car is a whole notha amiNAL!!! it idles a hellova lot better at 13.5V than it does at 11.2 and dropping.... i've yet to do a road test to see if it solves my bogging problem, but soon enough....

also, a few of my parts made it in.... my DW 600cc's and my H&R extended studs for the front...

also, i got the consult port for the Nistune board hardwired in, cause the consult port on the driver side wasn't wired into the main engine harness, so i cut the port off the gold car, and extended the wires and soldered it directly to the pins on the board...

i would be on my way with tuning, well, attempting to tune, but my laptop has a crappy battery, and the power adapter just took a dump, ordered a new one, and should be here sometime this week...
Old 06-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member

HEY MISTER dont put your middle finger up to the KA its precious lol.

good work man. you work just as fast as myself.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member

yeah, that was actually my buddy EZ... he feels the need to throw his deuces up any time he sees anything KA... me? i don't mind, especially since the compression on that KA over 205 on all four cycls, average at 209... so it's a good motor... tranny kills it's potential tho..

and yeah, you know me, i do work... it was only a matter of time after getting the car that i started tearing into it, i mean hell, that's kinda what i bought it for lol... i'm just glad it's all finally coming together, ad soon enough, i'll finally be pleased with my car...power, looks, condition... and all your guys kind words help keep me motivated when i'm like **** IT!!!! lol, so thanks!!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member

new sig pic???

Old 06-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Contributing Member

sure go ahead lol. Tq will always prevail lol.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Contributing Member

turbo 2.0 vs turbo 2.4 vs cammed 6.0 ls2 hmmm who has more torque?

i want a ls2 now

and yea i know how u feel on your build. i may get a new chassis later on... again... i still goto strip off some good parts from my old cars to junk them haha just been crazy here been raining every day and when it stopped i tried i went outside and got attacked my 6.4 billion mosquitos....

since its been raining i now know i have a water leak problem its getting in somehow. only in driver side floor i think its coming from somewhere on the firewall

Last edited by battosaii930; 06-07-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Blackzenki's back in black, round 3....