Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Body kit or turbo first

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 07:03 AM

Body kit or turbo first

I am about to get a 95 240 SX and I am wondering if I should do the turbo first or should I get the body kit done first, so that the intercooler has a clear path instead of being partially blocked. I am going to do the S15 conversion just to let people know what I am planning. Also I don't even think the stock body kit will be fine with a turbo install setup.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:29 AM

Turbooooooooo sleepperrr MADD SICC XCORE JDM DRIFTO STYLE YO.

I would go with the turbo first.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:35 AM

You don't think the intercooler will be gasping for air because of the stock exterior.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:16 AM

I dunno. But what do you think about the intercoolers that are in teh wheel well? They dont get as much air as a FMIC. I think you will be fine... Go for looks after the turbo =]
Old 06-15-2005, 08:58 AM

Intercoolers in the wheel well, I ofcourse want the big FMIC showing out the front grill so everyone knows a turbo is inside, this car will be a show car/daily driver.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Contributing Member

i have a greddy v-spl and its behind my oem bumper....the intercooler doesnt starve at all. its actually quite nice because it flows very well and its suttle. see im the opposite of you, i dont want anyone to know i have a turbo so i have no exterior mods to my car at all. that way it looks just like a normal 240.

i would say go turbo first for sure...
Old 06-15-2005, 09:40 AM

Originally posted by 2fast4y0u
i have a greddy v-spl and its behind my oem bumper....the intercooler doesnt starve at all. its actually quite nice because it flows very well and its suttle. see im the opposite of you, i dont want anyone to know i have a turbo so i have no exterior mods to my car at all. that way it looks just like a normal 240. i would say go turbo first for sure...
I guess that is always a possibility, but for the most part I don't want to race anyone once I get it, so I guess I would be less likely to attract attention if i get the turbo first.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:22 PM

If I had the money for a Turbo i'd get that first. Sleeper cars are teh shizznyte! And if you don't want to attact attention then a body kit is that last thing you would want lol.

At least this way you'll only have to worry the dorks that have primered, 757 Winged, 4 different rimmed, fart can exhausted Hondas wanting to race you.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by Raiten
If I had the money for a Turbo i'd get that first. Sleeper cars are teh shizznyte! And if you don't want to attact attention then a body kit is that last thing you would want lol.

At least this way you'll only have to worry the dorks that have primered, 757 Winged, 4 different rimmed, fart can exhausted Hondas wanting to race you.
I mean eventually I will want the attention since I plan on going to car shows with it, but I don't expect to win anything just to see what happens. Besides the car eventhough it will have some body work will just be an everyday car when the weather is to bad for the Z.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:04 PM

I'd say turbo first, but if you are looking to get into shows right away you might want to get the kit, dunno
Old 06-16-2005, 05:37 PM

It sounds like your mind is made up...

But take it from me, the people who get respect do the things that matter first, like suspension before engine, then looks.

besides the body kit wont make your car more fun to dive, the turbo definately will..

AND you dont want anymore attraction, trust me...be a sleeper get a V-Mount
Old 06-17-2005, 07:51 AM

Really I am not really looking for respect from people, because there are always going to be people that either like you or don't like you. Being a sleeper isn't my main concern, getting to the end product is. The more I think about it, the more the engine is more important since i will basically have to have it rebuilt from scratch so that I know everything is in tip top shape. I don't want any headaches later on down the line because something has a crack in it, or is on it's last leg. Thanks though for the input.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

I upgraded in this order, I fixed things that where broken first.

exhaust
suspension
minor stuff

then got a new motor (old one wasn't doing to well, tranny was fuqed)

Then style, hey if your body parts are rusty its a performance mod to replace them
Old 06-20-2005, 02:37 PM

It really depends on what you want. If you want to look extra good then go for the body kit but if you want to have fun driving then go for the turbo.

Personally, I like both of them equally & in my opinion, the S14 already looks good without any kit therefore, my choice would be the turbo upgrade.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:18 AM

Originally posted by FlyingS13
It really depends on what you want. If you want to look extra good then go for the body kit but if you want to have fun driving then go for the turbo.

Personally, I like both of them equally & in my opinion, the S14 already looks good without any kit therefore, my choice would be the turbo upgrade.
Thanks I am going to do the Silvia conversion actually.

Quick Reply: Body kit or turbo first