Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Check out my update...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by largesizesam
Hey nice and all but with all that money spent on the car you could have just get a sr20det swap done..........

Im guessing you are one of them tunerz that worry too much about looks.

Remember, it doesn't matter what she look from the outside it's what's inside that count....so get a swap........ heheheh
I'm guessing you are one of them tunerZ that worry too much about bandwagons and what is cool and want to be so super tyte jdm dorifto you absolutely have to have an SR. No way a KA can do anything I mean its a damn truck motor right, but the SR is so leet...

poser
Old 01-30-2006, 07:33 PM

Thank you. Thank you. KA power right here. every1 doin the dayum swap.

The retro fit? Im thinking about it but I dont know what to do. and plus i think my plexi glass headlights might not take the heat. Im thinkin of putting amber yellow high beams and amber parking lights to match the fogs. any pix out there with them?

Thanks for the support guys. I int bout all looks, but if i have a little $ on the side to keep it clean, then why not? My seats and everything i changed were in bad shape so i changed them, thats it.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Contributing Member

your car IS clean

oh yea and...KA power biatch!
Old 01-31-2006, 01:45 AM
Contributing Member

Hey nice and all but with all that money spent on the car you could have just get a sr20det swap done..........

Remember, it doesn't matter what she look from the outside it's what's inside that count....so get a swap........ heheheh
HAHA okay, i bet you dont even have a swap. If you did my stock *** KA would kick your *** in just about any road or track.

Its TUNERS not Tun3RZ you ***, you have to be giving the title tuner you dont just wake up and say " Hey im a tuner".

His car is clean, he didnt over do the looks he has coilovers. So that makes me happy.

**** SR that **** i WAY overrated. You need to learn a thing or 2 about how these cars work.

Levi
Old 01-31-2006, 11:08 AM

A ugly looking, yet great performing car is like a fat chick thats great at sex. Fun to fool around with, but you dont want to be seen with it in public.

It's his car, he does what he wants to do.

And why the hell do idiots always put a "z" behind everything. "Tunerz" wtf, liK3 oMg h1 2 dAt! L33T int4rneT tYp1nG wiF a Z y0.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

the retro.... xenon capsules run cooler than halogens :P so you would be fine with that. are you sure the front lenses are plexi and not lexan? either should be very heat resistant. you are probably not up for it if you are any bit skeptical. if you have an intrest look on hidplanet in the forums
Old 01-31-2006, 04:10 PM

ok thanks. and yea i do what i want. i dont see your car up here anywhere. what are you gonna say when i have my turbo in???? huh.....yea then what? why dont you do something for yourself and stop ragging on other people's rides. tuner!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:04 AM

You're always gonna have someone who's not gonna like what you're doin, ignore them. You're never gonna be able to please everyone. Do what pleases you...if you want a clean looking ride first, then power, Do it.

As for the SR20 swap, yeah it's really over-hyped. It's nice if you want to clean up your engine bay and check everything out once the engine is out but in terms of power, you'll get the same effect w/ the KA. I did the swap and was real happy w/ it but I'm not saying it's the best route for everyone.

For the headlights, someone put X5 projectors w/ those FK covers not too long ago on 240sxforums. It looked good but everyone said the same thing they said to you about the corners...they look a bit out of place. You could do what raine did and paint them amber, looks good too...you could also get the clear corners, I have them. They were annoying to put on though but compliment them as well...just my $.02.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:26 PM

where you get them from? i had them painted smoke but it didnt last, im trying to think what to do with them. how can i get those clear corners? and how do i change them?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:36 AM

I actually got my clear covers from raine. I have no idea where he got them from. Where did you get your clear headlights? I'm sure the person who got them for you can get the corners. They are both FK.

To change the corners you need to heat them up and pry them open, then you have to get the covers and cut them to the size of the stock ones cause they are too big, afterwards silicone them and get clamps to keep it in place till it drys. Since the cover is clear the glue inside looks crappy so you paint over the edges. I also cut a part of the stock covers and glued it inside. It matches the ridges on my headlights and looks less gaudy. You could also get the GPsports corners. I'm thinking of getting them. If I do I'll sell you these if you're interested.

BTW I would have liked to see how the smoked looked on your car. You could also paint the inside black so you don't have to worry about the paint coming off. It will give you the same smoked efect. Maybe buy a couple sets of corners from the junkyard and try different things out.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:58 PM

i custom made my headlights with plexi glass and a vacuum press. i didnt check out how the corners were like, they seemed harder but i would love them.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by vbgambini
i custom made my headlights with plexi glass and a vacuum press. i didnt check out how the corners were like, they seemed harder but i would love them.
do you have any close up pics dude? im sure people would be interested in lenses if you made a few more pairs. you can email me the pics or pm or just post them up here. did you mold just the front and splice it to the surround from the oe zenki lense?
Old 02-02-2006, 06:30 PM

Oh crap...I thought you had the Final Konnexion covers. Many have said that they would try to make a vacuum copy but you are the first to actually do it. The FK corner covers were not exact copies of the oem...just a curved slab of plastic that you had to trim to fit over the lenses. If you can make the headlights, you can definitely make the corners.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:53 AM

yea thats what i was thinking. Yea i took off the plastic headlight, made a mold of it, then used a vacuum machine that heated the plexi glass then vacuum pressed it on the mold. then i just cut it out n put them back on. the ones on my car are the first ones i ever made and they came out not too bad. but im gonna try and make more.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Contributing Member

You made those lights?

+1 to you sir!

Quick Reply: Check out my update...