Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Check these out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

Check these out...

http://www.autoselect.co.jp/LED/led.html

anyone kno where i can get these at? or how to make them? Thanx
Old 04-29-2005, 05:20 PM

The concept isn't all that hard. I'm sure you can figure it out if you try. Just go to Radio Shack and buy a couple bread boards and LEDs, and anything else you think you'd need. My knowledge is VERY limited on the subject so i'm not much of any help.

I'm not too sure if i like them or not though....i mean they aren't bad...but they're different. If anyone has them on their car, or will, tell me how they look in person.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Raiten
The concept isn't all that hard. I'm sure you can figure it out if you try. Just go to Radio Shack and buy a couple bread boards and LEDs, and anything else you think you'd need. My knowledge is VERY limited on the subject so i'm not much of any help.

your right, your knowledge is very limited. not easy as you make it sound. led at radio shack aint gonna cut it
Old 04-29-2005, 11:09 PM

LEDs from Radio Shack aint going to cut it?...oh i'm sorry do they make Super LEDs that can move faster than a speeding bullet, leap tall buildings in a single bound? I know there are better LEDs than others, but i'm sure Radio Shack has decent enough ones to be used as break lights. As long as you create it right, with resistors and capacitors as to not fry them, they should work just fine.

And since everyone knows that my knowledge is limted, why don't you give SOME advice, instead of ripping on someone elses post?

Last edited by Raiten; 04-30-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:27 AM
Contributing Member

http://www.clearcorners.com/products...0sx1/R_hbtail/
if you talk to them about doing the conversion im sure they can get it done for you ... they sell the lights in a complete kit with center section and new metal fill panel for under the lights... have them work on an led system for the same lights...
Old 04-30-2005, 04:16 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Raiten
LEDs from Radio Shack aint going to cut it?...oh i'm sorry do they make Super LEDs that can move faster than a speeding bullet, leap tall buildings in a single bound? I know there are better LEDs than others, but i'm sure Radio Shack has decent enough ones to be used as break lights. As long as you create it right, with resistors and capacitors as to not fry them, they should work just fine.
hahahahaha funny you say that because actually they DO make "super" LEDS. hahaha its calles Super Flux

the light emmitted from radio shack LEDS is not enough, you need a ****load of them all in one to make enough light for a brake light. trust me, the light emitted from the brake light is a lot more than crap leds. superflux leds are about a buck each. and a board minimum of 16 is good for brake lights. it will take 2-3x that much or more for radio shack leds.

boards from radio shack is good, but the LEDs on there only light up one way, so when you make a board, a row of lights is gonna be your daytime lights the next row will light up for your brake lights combined with your daytime lights. factory cars with LEDs come with a pwb [forgot the correct letters] come with leds that light up just like brake lights do, lights up with little light and when you hit the brake, it turns brighter. this type of board is more complex than LED boards you see poeple make for their corners etc etc. this is why radio shack leds wont cut it, because not much light is going out

ive been researching LEDs for over 1.5yrs and HIDs for over 3yrs, anything you wanna argue about?

again dont simplify something that isnt so simple to do.

Last edited by silviadriver; 04-30-2005 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Contributing Member

clearcorners has a very expensive product like that. best bet would be to get some truck led modules and retro them into the stock housings
Old 04-30-2005, 12:06 PM

Thank you Silviadriver, that's all i was saying. Don't post something that doesn't help anyone. The info you posted is great. Thank you for that. And no i'm not going to argue with you, i never said i was or ever going to.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Contributing Member

This thread wasnt started for us Nissan lovers to be arguing with each other. i just asked a question and i thought sum others would be interested in those lights
Old 04-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Contributing Member

clear corners are expensive this is true... i was just giving him information on the only place i have seen that can do the conversion and do it with quality and dependability...
Old 04-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Contributing Member

I remember a magazine doing a how-to on this. Yeah sorry I'm no help, just wanted to comment. Spiderlite makes a star shaped one
Old 05-04-2005, 03:05 PM

I'm studing Electrical Engineering, I can make that. I'm gona make that. I'm defenetly making that as quick as I can and selling them on E-bay.

And don't go to radio shack to buy anything that you can't find in the web first. 5K MCD led light: 2 for 5.99

ebay-> 100 10K MCD led ligths_5.99 plush shiping (5.00 in us)
Radio Shack-> 5 resistors, .99
Special place I know 0.005 cents per resistor. (yes, half a cent)

I'm gona make that starting on 5/6/05 I'm gona send the leds and buy everything I need for it. I'm gona be posting later

For both lights I dont expect the value to be mroe than 80 Bucks. I'm making mine clear B/c nobody sells special "alteza" or anything like that for the coupe model. The one's that do are ugly and a super Ripoff

And you don't need "super mega ultra,&*%#'?!*, giga^45(9x76.2) led's!!!. the one's they sell in radioshack are fine, as long as you buy the super mega expensive one's that I just said not to buy. Anything with more than 5K MCD's will do, even the 5K I think will do.

Last edited by Joel SX; 05-04-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

i would reccomend truck modules as i stated above, should run you under 20 bucks a side, and you will get automotive grade leds ie superflux. while your at it you might want to clear the suckers like i did here heres someones s13 tails http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...ight=240sx+led 1/2 way down. you also may want to get rid of the inner clear diffuser (beneath the red and amber part)
Attached Thumbnails Check these out...-clears13.jpg  

Last edited by silviaks2nr; 05-04-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Check these out...

Originally posted by Slidin240
http://www.autoselect.co.jp/LED/led.html

anyone kno where i can get these at? or how to make them? Thanx
Translated http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
Old 05-08-2005, 10:22 AM

hey , do they use RED or WHITE leds for that? I think RED LEDs are not as bright as white, plus, youre putting the LEDs behind colored plastic, so if you use white, it should still look red. i'll be putting LEDs behind my heating/ac gauges since the light bulbs aren't cutting it.

and yeah, go ebay for LEDs. one white at radio shack is like 6 or 7, or you can get 100 for 25 or something. cheap, but 'em from source country/region.

Quick Reply: Check these out...