Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

DADAMS BUILD THREAD! Took Long Enough!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:18 PM

DADAMS BUILD THREAD! Took Long Enough!!

Copied from the Blog:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE MR. ADAMS!" Is what my friends are telling me who are already driving 240sx's. In reality, they should be saying "Welcome Back". Many of you may remember a long time ago, when I was just a hopeless little street drifter without a clue. I owned a 1990 Nissan 240sx. It was pretty cool but I never actually realized what I had. Flash forward many years to 2008 and I have a 2001 Mustang Bullitt. It's a blast around the track sideways and it's tons of fun. I go to event after event, amassing skill and car control and picking up (and losing, LOL) varying amounts of support from various companies . . .

Skip ahead to this past Friday . . .and Lethal Injection Motorsports, that's right, the same company I spoke on before. Is ready with an S14 for me to take ownership of. It's an awesome car, it's a 1995 Nissan 240sx SE. It's got leather interior, functional A/C (awesome, LOL) and a slew of other really cool goodies. The enthusiasts will note it's 5-lug, 5-speed and has some really slick fog lights. I like it a LOT and am very fortunate and VERY lucky to have sponsors as AWESOME as Lethal Injection Motorsports.

Before I show the pictures, plans have changed slightly. Readers and subscribers will remember that the car we spoke upon was a Green S14. This is a different car, it's a runner/driver, and is awesome as it sits!
A question on EVERYONE'S mind . . .what's it got in it? Well, not much, it's a bone-stock engine with stock exhaust. The differential is still fully open and it's got stock drivetrain parts as well. So what makes this so cool? Besides the fact that it's a blast to drive? LOL! Well, it's got some pretty nifty suspension. Coilovers along with caster/camber plates to be exact. That's right, I'm not sure of the brand, as I haven't been under the car, but they're green, LOL! That is an indecator of Tein. If so, that's awesome! Whoever made them, did a GOOD job. The car handles like a dream and corners like a videogame! I can't wait to see what else I can get under this car to make it handle even better.

The game plan? Bring this car to it's true handling max before moving on to the power market. I won't lie, this is a LOT different than drifting/driving a Bullitt and it's going to take a lot of getting used to, but I'm going to make it work as best as possible. It's also why we're going to focus on getting used to the car before really diving into upgrades. I'll bring it out to a few events as it sits (well, with the addition of a welded differential) and we'll move on from there. I want to get used to the car and get to the point where I'm out driving the car before stepping up and adding something on.

Well, that's enough of the gab . . .on with the pics.

Let's start out with some fun ones of the exterior . . .
Name:  PIC-0012.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  149.4 KB
Name:  PIC-0014.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  142.4 KB
Name:  PIC-0017.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  124.9 KB
Name:  PIC-0018.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  146.5 KB

This one is just funny! But I had to do it . . .yes . . .it NEEDS to be turned into a motivational picture, LMAO!
Name:  PIC-0016.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  148.4 KB

Here's a VERY COOL comparison of a 240sx on coilovers and one on stock suspension. The S13 belongs to my GOOD friend Joe Burgess. LMAO! I jokingly said his car appears that it has no engine or is constantly accellerating . . .LMAO!
Name:  PIC-0033.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  154.5 KB
Name:  PIC-0020.jpg
Size:  74.9 KB

HAHA! Yeah that's awesome, but don't worry! Joe will be riding just as low, if not lower, he's got coilovers in his sights, he just has to get some funding together to get the purchased. Once he gets them, wow . . is all I can say . . .wow. He's a good driver with a lot of potential, the more events he attends, the more that potential will shine through!

You can see it's not a show car, but it's not exactly smashed up or ugly either. She's a looker but she can use some touching up . . .I have plans but they can wait until we're at a standstill with upgrades before focusing on the cosmetics.

Here's some pictures of the inside! Yep, nice leather, nice carpet, this car is NICE on the inside. And the gauges are sweet as well. During the day they're white with black numbers, at night they're black with white numbers. Nothing crazy, but very cool to look at, LOL! Sorry for the crappy quality, I'll try to get some better ones later, my phone isn't the best for overcast/dark photos.
Name:  PIC-0039.jpg
Size:  91.8 KB
Name:  PIC-0040.jpg
Size:  69.1 KB
Name:  PIC-0041.jpg
Size:  80.4 KB
Name:  PIC-0042.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  81.3 KB
Name:  PIC-0044.jpg
Size:  82.7 KB

So yeah . . .I am going crazy waiting to be able to put this car on the track! I can't wait for her first event, it will be AWESOME! The Mustang was fun and it will always be remembered as my entry into drifting with the big kids. The S14 will now take over as my main means of drifting and will make sure that this blog has a lot of entries to come.
Thanks for viewing!

Last edited by USMCDrifter; 09-20-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 PM

I Can Haz Tow Vehicle?! Lethal Injection Motorsports Does It Again!

These guys are simply AMAZING! They have done it AGAIN! Yes, friends, the wonderful owners of Lethal Injection Motorsports, Derrick and Drew, have helped out once again and have granted me access to their tow vehicle and trailer. Once again, it’s not absolutely free, but the help is unbelievable and is MUCH cheaper than I can ever ask if I were to try renting a truck/trailer combo or even if I were to buy a truck and trailer. This is amazing and I can’t emphasize this enough, Lethal Injection Motorsports IS the place YOU need to go to get ALL of your car work done. From tires to brakes, from engine swaps to rear end rebuilds, these guys can do it all! You need a 6-puck unsprung clutch? They can build you a custom one to your specs. You need that RB(insert awesome here) rebuilt? They can do it for you and if you like they have enough lying around to simply swap in another. Want to dyno tune your car or truck? They can do it for you however, whenever . . . they also do cages, custom fabrication, suspension work and even have a tire mounting and balancing machine. . . yes . . it’s literally a one-stop-shop for everything you’ll ever need for your vehicle regardless of its make or model.
But enough of the promo . . .lets get on with the awesome news . . .the TOW VEHICLE! AMAZING!
Here are some pics of the truck, it’s a Ford F-350 Super Duty with a diesel engine mated to a manual transmission. Woodgrain interior and comfy seats insure that this will be the way to ride out whether you’re travelling 50 miles or 5000!

Yes! Needless to say, I’m psyched up completely and I can’t believe that all of this is finally coming together! It’s happening and I can ALMOST say that it’s happening faster than I’m prepared to take it on! No excuses now and no reason to back down from any competitions local or abroad. I’ve got the truck, I’ve got the trailer and the car is on the way! And it’s all thanks to Lethal Injection Motorsports, give them a call and see what they can do for YOU! 770-343-9969
Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 PM

Cleaned up and edited . . . .hopefully we can go forward from here . . .
Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 PM

Bump for updates . . .
Old 09-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Contributing Member

its a 240 wow now you cant be a mod anymore cause mods arnt allowed to own 240's...
Old 09-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Contributing Member

but yea nice stuff it wont have anywhere near as much power as the stang but i think it can do just as well or maybe even better if you have the skill
Old 09-20-2009, 10:45 PM

LMAO! True on both accounts. HAHAHAHA! I still have the Mustang and Biggamehit still has his 240, LOL! I'm just playing the cards that are dealt and fate seems to want to deal me a good hand. I just hope I play it correctly, you know?

Yeah, the car handles like it's unreal. I love it. I know it'll take some getting used to in order to get out there and do well, but that's why we're going to avoid any serious upgrades. I want to learn the car with stock power, then work my way up from there. I figure if I can master the car as it sits, when I am like you and pushing some higher numbers by way of (insert engine here) that'll make it THAT MUCH more aggressive and allow for me to push that much harder.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:03 AM
Contributing Member

hey daavid hey nice
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Contributing Member

i always though power in drifting was just a crutch that allows you a larger margin for error
Old 09-21-2009, 01:21 PM

Nice but the pics are hurting my eyes!
Old 09-21-2009, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by FuriousZ
Nice but the pics are hurting my eyes!
Yeah, sorry about that brother! I need a better cam . . .I took all of those with my BlackJackII
Old 09-23-2009, 01:24 PM

remember when you used to bug me about selling my car to you?

well now the tables have turned and I WANT THAT CAR!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Die Trying
remember when you used to bug me about selling my car to you?

well now the tables have turned and I WANT THAT CAR!

HAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome, my car and your car don't look THAT much different. Give me some clean paint, nice wheels and some cool body accessories and I'm right there with you. Actually, your car is a big inspiration for what I'm going to be doing with mine. I'm just so focused on performance and handling now that I really don't have the time/money to (for lack of a better word) waste on cosmetics. I'll be right there with ya tho, LOL!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:17 PM

Copied from the blog
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welp, Lethal Injection is up to their old ways again, LOL! This time it’s all about syncing those wheels together. I was told to stop by Lethal Injection Motorsports today to get a very special operation done on my S14. You guessed it, the diff was welded. Nothing special, not too special anyway, but on an S14 with suspension dialed in already, it’s turned this car into a beast when sideways. Now, I know (and I’ve mentioned it) that the S14 doesn’t “step out” as easily as the Mustang does, but I have a strong feeling that after a few practice events, it’ll be just fine. Who knows, it may not even take a whole event to get used to the power.

It’s been raining all day today so I’ve taken that time to get some practice in at my job’s parking lot. Nothing crazy, just holding it out there and getting used to that car while sideways. I can say this though, it’s damn fine when sideways, LOL! The car can push SOOO much further than my Mustang was ever capable and there’s so much steering angle from the factory that I can get to the point where my Mustang would have spun and just keep going. The lack of power, in the rain at least, is a bit of an advantage for the S14 as well because when you want to stop rotating, you just reduce your throttle input and the car will not rotate any further. Also, the E-brake works very well, so when the car wants to push forward or not initiate properly, I can simply give the ebrake a tap to either extend the drift or bring the tail end out.

All-in-all, a pretty cool day. Can’t wait to put this car through it’s paces at her first event. We’ll see how that holds up, eh? LOL!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Contributing Member

shut up you internet drifter

Quick Reply: DADAMS BUILD THREAD! Took Long Enough!!