Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Delining the 240

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Contributing Member

on a daily driver, itll look like ***. keep in mind nissan have profesional designers that decided it looks best this way. it cuts down on 'visual height' and insinsuates the length of the entire vehicle. plus its nice detail to the otherwise boring profile. most of the shaved ones ive seen are d1 cars with lots of sponsor decals and such so you dont notice it anyways.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Contributing Member

yes there was a primered aero'd S13 fastback with some work SP1s. with no body lines a while ago on zilvia.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:01 PM

when i was strippin the paint off my car and fillin' in dents with bondo i contemplated that idea, never did it though
Old 09-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
yes there was a primered aero'd S13 fastback with some work SP1s. with no body lines a while ago on zilvia.
thats the one i was talkin bout
Old 09-20-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by re037
on a daily driver, itll look like ***. keep in mind nissan have profesional designers that decided it looks best this way. it cuts down on 'visual height' and insinsuates the length of the entire vehicle. plus its nice detail to the otherwise boring profile. most of the shaved ones ive seen are d1 cars with lots of sponsor decals and such so you dont notice it anyways.
Whats so bad about making teh car look clean?
Old 09-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Contributing Member

god, somebody find that pic, i looked through about 10 pages on the picture thread but got lazy. haha so yea....
Old 09-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nixad
Whats so bad about making teh car look clean?
itll be boring. you wont have nothing to look at besides shiny paint or nice rims. best color to do it is black tho. this is all my opinion btw so if you like it, go ahead and do it
Old 09-21-2006, 09:48 PM

bro, honestly, i think your car looks clean as hell already. im serious. that silver paint looks pretty good with the exception of the peeling of the pignose. i say you will spend money on a purely visual project instead of adding to the performance of the car. the body lines of the car from the factory are pure sex as it is. i dont know, i wouldnt change it. the lines add a certain i dont know what. lol.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:18 AM

Well I guess i'm the one with no life becouse I found the picture you were talking about lol

WIsh it was a better shot but daymn how come this hasn't been done more often?

I guess its all your style, I like my car clean (decided to remove the antena aswell) ... Boring? I guess it might be a bit becouse there is no body kit but imo it will look better.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:22 PM

Here is a picture of my car with shaved body lines.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:02 AM
Contributing Member

vader kit ftl. BUT its clean as hell. Nice job on ur interior too. I personally wouldnt have gone that far with the paint, but the quality is second to none on urs... And im removing the upper line on mine, but leaving the lower. I have tons of bodywork to fill in at the upper line, and makig sure i dnt bondo over it is gonna suck. Plus shes stayin stain black, so itll look sex.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Contributing Member

so in conclusion "Shaving" the upper line would look good with satin/flat paint...maybe with metallic/gloss paint as well, i might try it...
Old 09-23-2006, 12:43 PM

Although it has its flaws, If you are really scraping for weight reduction it dosent help. depending on what you fill your body lines with it could crack and chip, or it could add weight. I wish I never touched any of the body with fiberglass. My car weighs alot after all the body work.
thanks phantom, yeah, I think im gonna rip the front end off
Old 09-23-2006, 03:20 PM

man, i want a body shop,, as for the photoshop work some of u guys did on page 1, hahah that stuff is off da wall,,
Old 09-23-2006, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by nixad
Well I guess i'm the one with no life becouse I found the picture you were talking about lol

WIsh it was a better shot but daymn how come this hasn't been done more often?

I guess its all your style, I like my car clean (decided to remove the antena aswell) ... Boring? I guess it might be a bit becouse there is no body kit but imo it will look better.
]

that cop just needs to paint his roof black and his crown victoria would be soooooo cleeeeeaaaaaan