Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

does maco do good paint jbs

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 05:50 AM

what about just having them sand it down to metal and add some primer
=)
Old 09-25-2002, 01:31 PM

thats really funny, thats like asking someone who knows nothing about the medical field to have them work as a doctor. Macco does the absolute WORSE paint jobs. I have heard of people letting thier cars get painted by them, and they wheels have paint on them, $hit! even the windows! Orangle Peel everywhere, Bubbles, peeling, you name it, its happened. Save your money, become friends with a body man who works at a respectable body shop and wham cheap paint job!
Old 09-25-2002, 04:20 PM

i wonder what would be worse..
doing it urself or having maco do it
Old 09-25-2002, 04:37 PM
Contributing Member

My coworker painted his Pontiac Firebird. The job wins shows. He had time, space and patience. Plus another car to practice on.

I have painted things with paint guns. A good job is helped by a great tape job. I am **** about my taping. I want to be able to paint blindfolded.
Old 09-25-2002, 05:27 PM

well the thing that will make or break your paint job is all in the gun and how much you lay down and how you do it.

Using too much pressure on the paint will cause orange peel, using too little causes bubbling.

I will agree with you taping is a BEEYATCH!
Old 09-25-2002, 05:33 PM
Contributing Member

well one of my boys got his 240 painted at maaco ... it came out really good... there was a slight problem... his light had a spec of paint on it... nothing to go **** about... but overall the car looks nice... if its a generic color, like black, white, red i think it would be alright... anthing special i would go somewhere else... ... i guess only time can tell about the maaco job... but his car looks good as of now... only time will tell
Old 09-26-2002, 05:42 AM

it looks like i will be going to mako one day..
and paint my car bright orange and pink
=)
Old 09-26-2002, 08:49 AM
Les

I have a friend and he and his father own a MACO in hsv, al. An idea of how good MACO's paint is....they toof their personal car to another shop to get painted. They had to get me to drive their car and use my name so the other shop wouldn't know it was them.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Les
I have a friend and he and his father own a MACO in hsv, al. An idea of how good MACO's paint is....they toof their personal car to another shop to get painted. They had to get me to drive their car and use my name so the other shop wouldn't know it was them.
Wow that is a shame.

What they couldn't order higher quality paint and do the job themselves?
Old 09-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Les

I don't think they have the best staff or equipment. Besides they just run the place. I don't think they would be to hot at painting a car.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

that is a shame.... i rather spend 400 , make it last for a year and then get it painted again... living in ny is harsh... i park in the streets... people are gonna hit your bumpers no matter what... i have no corner markers because someone hit me , one of my clear corners is hit, has a hole in it... and doest work ... if u live in a nice place, or if u have a garage its worth the 2000, but if your in my case, i say go with maaco for now...
Old 09-27-2002, 09:42 AM
Les

I know it sucks when you have to leave your car outside. I had a 93 Z and it got hail damage so bad it was totaled . The cost of repairing the car was more than the car was worth.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:46 AM
Contributing Member

oh man that sucks... also the damn pigeons here in ny... they are horrible... they pick out the nice car... and bombs away ... im telling you ... its a conspiracy.... ill get to the bottom of it one day
Old 09-27-2002, 09:52 AM
Les

I don't think anyone will ever get to the bottom of that. I think whoever is behind it is also behind the ppl driving hoopties(sp?) that slam their car doors into nice, recently washed, shiny, polished vehicles.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:01 AM
Contributing Member

damn... your pretty bright... are u a detective ? ... i agree btw...damn pigeons... hope they get sucked into a airplane engine

Quick Reply: does maco do good paint jbs