Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

energy0uth's '89 s13

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:12 PM

mini update...got everything aligned 13 out of 14 perfect and the caster that was off isn't noticeable and not causing damage. Everything lining up not only helped get car looking sexy as usual but requires fender roll now. I had to take a rubber mallet to them for the time being to minimize the tire destruction.

For now this is only pic I have. Didn't have good lighting for camera phone and forgot my camera when I went to work on it.

Once the rollbar comes in I will put in my seat and harnesses but for now thats it and Drift Nirvana on the 9th if all goes well!

Old & new (Megan)
Old 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM

So I had some fun over break and headed to SC w/ JT then came home and finally got a few straight days of downtime to toy on my car! Nothing too exciting for everyone else I guess but it makes me happy!!!!! Plus I bought new tools and such.

I have never painted before...Justin did my roof so this was my first attempt, thanks for the :maxshoot3: btw. On both applications coming I used 150 grit, I think (I know it was right) before with my hand and on the sander then 220 before primer. And yes on the left side of the bumper I used a saw on a piece of metal that held all the bolts since it was done and you don't see it anyways.

Sanded, Primered & Painted. I ran out of paint so some areas were a little off and only ran in one spot:clap:

So I actually took off the entire front end so I could play around with it and get rid of some of those ridiculous bolts and replace with zipties. I will probably put my fender liners back on but for now they are off and yes I know all of what could happen with them off. Anyways I wanted to try out some rust prevention I have been waiting to do so I did so on the front bumper support, full body treatment to come.

Wire brushed, sanded, primered & painted using Rust-Oleum (Works on my applications AJ but I know the stuff you guys are using looks a little bit more official)

My orbital sander I bought:keke:

My trainer/mom's assistant rolled up...

Then I treated some corrosion issues I had on my battery. Cleaned the terminals, connections, checked fluid levels and battery is charged now.

Headlight went out so put in a new one

Caulked my sunroof because seal had popped up and then tried some on the gap on the bumper. It worked but the bumper when it hadn't had time to dry like threw up on my hood. Requires cleaning but it works, will need to reapply.

What's a 240 without stitches. They work really well.

And then a mini meet with a dude from lookoutdrift.com (Me & him ha)

Coming very very soon: roll bar install and seat/harness, intake, straight pipe, paint wheels, coat some more rusted areas and overall cleaning, roll fenders and blah blah...stay tuned:jammin:
Old 03-10-2008, 05:20 PM

lookin good man, lookin good. can wait to see it lower and after everything else goin on.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Contributing Member

maybe im missing something but why was the bumper repainted black if your car is red?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

It gives it that, jacked up drift car look....I guess?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Wait. What happened to that nice red pignose bumper? And why do those zipties look so haggard, just bolt the bumper on as it should? lol
Old 03-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

or latch em. but your car is pretty clean. maintenance is pretty fun sometimes eh? haha

always makes me feel better " just replaced my broken turn signal after 3 months, aired up my tires, re tightened my collars, damn im good" lmao

Last edited by MS!3; 03-10-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by donteventry
lookin good man, lookin good. can wait to see it lower and after everything else goin on.
thanks!

Originally Posted by MS!3
maybe im missing something but why was the bumper repainted black if your car is red?
the bumper was black originally and then sanded and I wanted to paint it and see how it would look flat black. My car isn't staying red so I just did it for fun.

Originally Posted by RuizXIII
It gives it that, jacked up drift car look....I guess?
I like it

Originally Posted by yarou
Wait. What happened to that nice red pignose bumper? And why do those zipties look so haggard, just bolt the bumper on as it should? lol
Pignose was a little eaten up from tow receiver and I like this one better. Never bolting that thing up stock way I think it sucks. I think the stitches are sweet while I wait for latches and I have a few bolts in but not all. It sits more flush now with the ties than it did before.

or latch em. but your car is pretty clean. maintenance is pretty fun sometimes eh? haha

always makes me feel better " just replaced my broken turn signal after 3 months, aired up my tires, re tightened my collars, damn im good" lmao
actually ordering the latches asap and yea it does feel great...thanks!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:09 AM

few more mods coming
-latches
-paint
-seat
-harness
-roll bar
-complete cleaning
-rolled fenders

and other good stuff.

o yea I bought a '91 Talon AWD TSi
Old 03-16-2008, 01:18 PM

man, pignose FTW. why did you get rid of it?
Old 03-16-2008, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Spade
man, pignose FTW. why did you get rid of it?
I still have it in my garage I just got this bumper for free basically and wanted to check it out. Decided I liked it so for now the piggy is off but I'll paint it to match the car and throw it back on and see how I like it with the car lowered noww.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Contributing Member

if it doesnt have the lip dont even bother then. haha
Old 03-16-2008, 10:55 PM

if it doesnt have the lip dont even bother then. haha
that was a thought lol
Old 03-17-2008, 12:28 PM

details on the dsm. I just put a trans in my friends 90 fwd. Big 16g and lots of boost :-D
Old 03-17-2008, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by DriftX
details on the dsm. I just put a trans in my friends 90 fwd. Big 16g and lots of boost :-D
got it for cheap and needs a turbo....looking to flip it and then make some profit and buy my JEEP!

its a 91 Eagle Talon AWD TSi with some goodies and in the stages of looking teh secks.