Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Growl to ClearCorners.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 09:45 AM

Growl to ClearCorners.

I have a new vendetta against ClearCorners.com. They Suck.

But anyway, do any of you out there in InternetLand know where I can find someone to do a major custom job on some taillights? Hopefully for a low price? Eh, I would do it myself, but I'd prolly screw it up. And I don't know what I'm doing.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

Why do you say they suck? Ive heard nothing but good about them. What kind of custom job you looking for?
Old 05-18-2004, 11:03 AM

yeah, why the beef with clearcorners? I've heard good about them too.

and after looking at those pictures, I have decided I'm getting the dual ring LED lights done to my tail lights when they are in damn that looks nice
Old 05-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Contributing Member

hmm.. come to think of it.. i could do it myself ive already taken apart my tail and head lights (removed lens from backing) so i could paint my headlight housing black and remove the 'light diffuser and reflector' on the tails.. hmmm
Old 05-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member

"clearing" the lower part to create that clear corners look is very cheap and simple. heres my suggestion: get a used set off ebay or a junk yard go to home depot, buy some acrylic lamp diffuser (stuff you see over office lights) and break off the orange part and fabricate a new clear lens. not sure if it would turn out cool or not so be a guinea pig.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

ya, what's the deal. They have some awesome quality items up for sale. Thier products look well made and everything. They do something to your car for you to have somethign against them?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:23 PM

My problem with them is even though they say they want to help to create the most uniqe lighting they can, they don't want to. Yes, they do great work, and I would love to have the Dual ring LEDs, but, they still look to close to stock for me. With all the money I'm putting into this car, I want the best working and best looking I can get. So I had asked if they could just change a few simple things for me, and I did offer to pay extra, and even let them keep the idea if they liked it. What I asked of them, there was NO change to the set-up, just a few alterations to the colors of the bulbs, and the plain and simple answer was: No. And when I asked for a place that could do custom lighting for me, the only hints they gave me were company names that mass produce taillights, all of which I've already checked, and only one makes the Koukis, and not very good ones at that.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Haven
My problem with them is even though they say they want to help to create the most uniqe lighting they can, they don't want to. Yes, they do great work, and I would love to have the Dual ring LEDs, but, they still look to close to stock for me. With all the money I'm putting into this car, I want the best working and best looking I can get. So I had asked if they could just change a few simple things for me, and I did offer to pay extra, and even let them keep the idea if they liked it. What I asked of them, there was NO change to the set-up, just a few alterations to the colors of the bulbs, and the plain and simple answer was: No. And when I asked for a place that could do custom lighting for me, the only hints they gave me were company names that mass produce taillights, all of which I've already checked, and only one makes the Koukis, and not very good ones at that.
...that's it? That's the reason for your "vendetta"? Hmm... just because they don't want to do a "one off" version for you, I don't think that means they suck. They just don't want to. Plain and simple.

Try calling Nissan and tell them you want to make "a few changes here and there" and tell me what they say.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:08 AM

yeh, after all it is their company. and anyone can call in or email saying they have all this money and want something, but I know I wouldnt trust someone unless I saw the money and knew they were good for it.

not saying that you arent... cause I really dont know.

and with the type of LED lights they use, maybe they just cant get the colors you want? these arent your run of the mill hardware store LEDs for a 2000 in 1 science kit.

Last edited by twofortyessex; 05-19-2004 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Contributing Member

...or maybe they just don't have the facilities do do it. For all you know they have their products outsourced from some manufacturer... and all they might do is label and sell it... i.e. most of the body kit copies on sale online. I know for a fact that all the "B-type" or "CW Style" or whatever-you-call-it body kit copies only come from 2-3 fiberglass shops at the most..
Old 05-19-2004, 08:38 AM

And you must realize I'm a sarcastic bastard. That entire first line was nothing but sarcasm. But hell, if I can't find anyone to do them, I'll get a junk pair or two and try it myself. And if worse comes to worse, I'll just the damn pretty dual LEDs!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:45 AM

i love the stock amber and red lights....clear/altezza tail-lights are for ricers.

better yet, get yourself a set of skyline r32 lights and fab-to-fit, IMO these lights look mean at night time.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:42 AM

skyline lights won't fit without a pain in the *** conversion. And I'm not wanting the ricey lights, just something that doesn't look so stock, considering I'm planning on wining shows with htis thing. The whole shiny chrome thing is hideous...ew.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Haven
... the explanation doesn't sound like sarcasm to me... lol
Old 05-19-2004, 10:17 AM

I think he meant the vendetta thing. hahahaha. custom work is hard to find though, I've been looking for a place to do some body work for a while now, and nobody will even talk to me about it. this was my last conversation:

Me: nice shop you have, do you do any body work for customers?
him: no.
me: ohhhk?
him: go away. I dont do work for anyone but myself. see these cars, they're mine. I'm building that one for HIN.
me: aight.

kinda lame, but hey its his place. I just thought that the prospect of some business and money would be interesting to him. guess not.

Quick Reply: Growl to ClearCorners.