Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

How u do this?``

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 09:51 AM

How u do this?``

hi i wanted to paint the interior the same color as my car. not the whole interior just the center console and other little things in the front dash panel? how would i go about this?
Old 02-11-2003, 10:13 AM

a good way to do it is usually to wrap it in vynal (if you can find a good colour match)

you could also find someone who is good ad fibreglassing and have them make a dash for you that you can then exactly match your car's colour
Old 02-11-2003, 10:50 AM

no u dont understand me look at the link below. u see how his interior is colored thats wat i wana no how to do if u no howi can do that please help me out. see he has red on the center console and he has red on the air vents. so if u no how to do that let me no!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...Nissan%20240SX
Old 02-11-2003, 01:04 PM

Re: How u do this?``

Originally posted by nflrican29
hi i wanted to paint the interior the same color as my car. not the whole interior just the center console and other little things in the front dash panel? how would i go about this?
pull it out and paint it?
Old 02-11-2003, 01:26 PM

no **** u take them out , how do u take them out smart ***!?
Old 02-11-2003, 01:29 PM

didn't mean to sound like a smart ***, sorry on my part for that. I wasnt sure on what you were trying to do, and wasnt sure if you knew how to pull them out. I need to go look at the car because i dont know off hand, but i have pulled it out before. again, sorry about that.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:53 PM

Don't be sorry man, you didnt sound like a smart a**. I would have said the same thing.
Old 02-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Contributing Member

dude, chill out....

it would be in everyones best intrest if the swearing and name calling came to an end, esp. from you nflrican considering YOU are the one that was asking for help......i'm sure that jin kazama wasn't trying to be an ***, he was just........not being as helpful as he could have been.

basically, your center console will snap out.....on my altima there were only 2 screws holding it in

its a pain in the butt trying to take it out if you dont know what your doing....you have to know where the snaps are in order to take them off without risk of breaking anything

and i know 'cause i put a big *** crack in my center console

so whatever you do, be careful. It is also my recommendation that you take it some where to get it done....if you do it and it looks like butt then you can't do anythinga bout it. but if you take it somewhere chances are its going to look good, not damage your car, and THEY will be responsiable

but if you INSIST on doing this yourself then try and hook up with some of your friends that know about cars and see if take everything out for you

Last edited by leiferik1; 02-11-2003 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:26 AM

hey i didnt mean anything calm down everybody well somebody from car domain told me to pop it off wit a scew driver
Old 02-12-2003, 09:46 AM

hey i didnt mean anything calm down everybody well somebody from car domain told me to pop it off wit a scew driver
yeah, that would work. a flat head screwer driver. there maybe be some bolts to unscrew also. just look around the console and you should find them. good luck.