Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

interior painting ideas.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 09:38 PM

interior painting ideas.....

alright i want to customize my interior more, and im painting the vents and a couple other things, does anyone have anymore eye catching things that i can do, before i spend 700 dollars on sparco racing seats?
Chris
Old 02-13-2003, 06:42 AM

hey man i wana do the same thing to my car let me here your method on how u take out the vents and the center console
Old 02-19-2003, 03:19 PM

I recomend you pull your gage cluster and paint that as well also the plastic pieces on the doors. Before you remove the gage cluster though I would recomend goign to a "pull it yourself" junk yard and trying it out there first so you do not crack the one on your car... it is a practice I have found usefull when removing anything I might break.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:45 PM

yeah i no how to get out the clster panel i did it when i switched my gauges . well yesterday i took out one of the vents the long one in the center to be exact! well i tried to put it back in but the peice behind it that it use to connect to keep goning back a little and i cant snap it on. any hints.? help please?
Old 02-20-2003, 01:43 PM

Try taking out the your head-unit and the climate controls and then reach up under there and see if you can get inside the vent thing and then push out on the clips while you push in the grate.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:21 AM

there is a nice shifter boot for those of you out there with manuals, which should be everyone. it is ractive carbon fiber boot with chrome trim. it is a light touch to the interior but really accents it. i have alll blue face digital crap like CD players and i bought the apexi blue gauges but at night it reflects off the trim really nicely.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:26 AM

Pics please!

Yo adavib,

Your setup sounds cool. Can you post some interior pics?

M.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:52 AM

ok....i usually just sit back and watch what goes on here, but painting your vents/interiors is just plaing ugly. You guys bash on people all the time "rice boy this and rice boy that" "im not a rice boy, the honda guys are" When you turn around and do the SAME THING!

if you want to make it nice, why not SAVE and buy some seats.. and a long with that get matching side door panels that match the seat color.

personally, komasan's 180sx has one of the best interiors around and im sure 99% of you will agree. Do you see painted anything?

Last edited by ChibaDrifter; 03-11-2003 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:59 AM
Contributing Member

wtf!!! he has guages where there is something you could paint!!! do those monitor his interior bling?
Old 03-13-2003, 08:27 AM

hey

hey guys got a question i wana paint the interior . my car is dark grey . wat color should i color the vents and the center console. GREY or SOME OTHER COLOR
Old 03-14-2003, 01:13 AM
Contributing Member

Re: hey

Originally posted by nflrican29
hey guys got a question i wana paint the interior . my car is dark grey . wat color should i color the vents and the center console. GREY or SOME OTHER COLOR
paint them clear. clear is the ****.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:04 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ChibaDrifter
ok....i usually just sit back and watch what goes on here, but painting your vents/interiors is just plaing ugly. You guys bash on people all the time "rice boy this and rice boy that" "im not a rice boy, the honda guys are" When you turn around and do the SAME THING!

if you want to make it nice, why not SAVE and buy some seats.. and a long with that get matching side door panels that match the seat color.

personally, komasan's 180sx has one of the best interiors around and im sure 99% of you will agree. Do you see painted anything?

Amen. Do not paint your interior.

http://www.saltgod.org/1991240sx/dashpolish02.html

If you want, you can polish the plastic trim. The gray paint was wearing off on mine so I polished it with some 3m stuff. It took a while but I think it came out nice. Same treatment can be done to the plastic trim around the vents.

-Justin
Old 03-14-2003, 06:25 AM

hey

wat the hell there is clear paint or u bull****ng. well guys let me no wat color.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:08 AM
Contributing Member

Sure there's clear paint. It's very expensive - makes whatever you spray it on transparent. It was first developed for wonder woman's jet, and it is the final paint coat on the stealth bomber (that flat black is just a primer - they have to photograph them before the plane is painted clear, obviously.)

-Justin
Old 03-16-2003, 03:09 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Justin.b
Sure there's clear paint. It's very expensive - makes whatever you spray it on transparent. It was first developed for wonder woman's jet, and it is the final paint coat on the stealth bomber (that flat black is just a primer - they have to photograph them before the plane is painted clear, obviously.)

-Justin
Also, you can only get it from NASA or the U.S. Government.

Quick Reply: interior painting ideas.....