Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Kouki Monster Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:00 PM

Kouki Monster Project

So, yea I have wanted to find a 97-98 240sx for a long time because they're definately my dream car. Screw an expensive pos. I almost got one when I was like 18 but the guy fell threw on it. Then I moved from Georgia to bum-**** Illinois and I haven't seen any s14's in like 3 years. Then I heard from a friend that a friend of his's dad had a 97 240 sitting under a tarp and that it had been there for a while. So, of course I was excited and had to go see it. When we got there there was a cat crawling out from under the tarp... this wasn't a good thing haha. There was a ton of cat hair in it.

Here's the list of things i have to fix/replace:
-broken back window
-broke sunroof glass (has plexie glass taped on roof)
-driver door (got broke into)
-trunk (rusted underneith)
-side skirts
-back bumper (real scratched up)
-cd player
-climate control/cdplayer/shifter bezel
-pass side taillight
-windshield cowl (missing)
-new tires

The rest I'll leave to the body shop to fix up when i get it all together. It's green now... I'm thinking about just going all black.

Here's the pics...
Name:  DSC00776.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  127.4 KB
Name:  DSC00777.jpg
Size:  142.1 KB
Name:  DSC00775.jpg
Size:  110.8 KB
Name:  DSC00778.jpg
Size:  73.2 KB
Name:  DSC00779.jpg
Size:  87.2 KB
Old 05-11-2008, 07:47 PM

Glad you finally got one!

Sorry you took tha' cat's home.

Good LUCK with all the small fixes.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

thats def a fixer upper, good luck with everything
Old 05-11-2008, 08:48 PM

awesome project!!!!

besides the auto, which could be changed *cough* *cough*, I love it!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:41 PM

oh yea the auto is def gettin fixed later. right now ill be rocking the auto while fixing all the cosmetic stuff. its a project car so itll be in a garage while i rock my daily fo-do.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:12 PM

im ready to re-do the crummy paint job on these oem wheels, prob get them cleaned up and get them powder coated black.
Name:  DSC00822.jpg
Size:  234.6 KB
we started picking all the beat up glass out of the back window area to prepare for the new glass to put in.
Name:  DSC00821.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  131.3 KB
and yea the sunroof glass was broken before when it was broken into. got one of those on the way i beleive though.
Name:  DSC00819.jpg
Size:  91.0 KB
freaking cats were living in it.
Name:  DSC00818.jpg
Size:  86.2 KB
interior is faily clean... just bezels were broken. got those on the way too.
Name:  DSC00817.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  130.7 KB
and yes body work is needed... but at least theres no rust.
Name:  DSC00816.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  125.6 KB
got some hb racings spring (i beleive thats what theyre called) from a friend. anyone else running these?
Name:  DSC00815.jpg
Size:  178.3 KB

and ill prob be selling the ka24 before too long.
Name:  DSC00820.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  119.3 KB
Old 05-14-2008, 02:57 PM

I can not wait to see this car done
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 PM

nice DC shirt
even nicer find
Old 05-14-2008, 09:23 PM

thats my buddy in the pic... not me. im more appealing the ladies lol. and yes def a nice find.

and i cant wait to see the outcome myself. ive been talking to other members on here for parts that i need. wish the guys i wrote about the sunroof would get back to me!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by ******
oh yea the auto is def gettin fixed later. right now ill be rocking the auto while fixing all the cosmetic stuff. its a project car so itll be in a garage while i rock my daily fo-do.
sounds good to me...friend is rocking an auto in his Kouki for now and he has still learned a ton from driving it hard and doing what he can

Originally Posted by ******
and i cant wait to see the outcome myself. ive been talking to other members on here for parts that i need. wish the guys i wrote about the sunroof would get back to me!
Make sure you take out those seats and clean real well because my old camaro had a cat in and out of it and that **** soaked in hard!!!

I can get you a sunroof today and also just do the wheels yourself with a sander, primer and wheel paint...pm'd
Old 05-16-2008, 09:32 AM

yea im waiting on my buddy to hurry up and bring over the shop van so i can get to these seats asap! and yea i was thinking about doing the wheels myself. im good at that and ive dont it before like 10 times but i was just thinking about gettin this done for the first time. not sure.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

those seats are DONE!!! dont even try to clean them find some new ones. i bet if you look at the bottom of those seats there prob yellow from cat **** seaping through.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:57 AM

I dont know anything about those springs but seriously, just get coilovers. If you just want something cheap then at least get god speeds. LOL those are cheaper than some lowering springs out there haha. If this is going to be a track car, if your building from the ground up dont go half ***, you will regret it later. In the end it's your car though so meh.

Really nice find imo. Wish I could have found a nice s14 but instead got a crapola s13. Lets see who does their 5 speed swap first .

P.S. I think I have a head start
Old 05-16-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by o.d.darkdrifter
I dont know anything about those springs but seriously, just get coilovers. If you just want something cheap then at least get god speeds. LOL those are cheaper than some lowering springs out there haha. If this is going to be a track car, if your building from the ground up dont go half ***, you will regret it later. In the end it's your car though so meh.

Really nice find imo. Wish I could have found a nice s14 but instead got a crapola s13. Lets see who does their 5 speed swap first .

P.S. I think I have a head start
i just got these super cheap for now. im just doing basic **** for now. not even driving it. if i dont like them, ill get rid of it. and im def gonna be gettin quality **** later. and yea youll prob do a 5speed swap first... but ill be doing a complete engine swap. oh snapz.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:40 AM

haha yeah.. I'm just gonna be running ka because... I'm poor....... and...... I fail...... I'll have ballin *** suspension though..... but I'll still be slow as hell and not able to spin anything bigger than 16's on a 8.5j

Quick Reply: Kouki Monster Project