Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

messing around with fire from exhaust on Supra!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 07:59 AM

Oh yeah, about the paint thing. At the angle that it is at it won't take the paint off. and for how far it goes out, too. When I get the Greddy DD exhaust I am going to try it on my car as well. The only thing wrong though is that on a high compression NA you don't want it to fire back into your motor.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

that'd be so badass for someone thats tailgaiting you HEH

Dr.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:24 AM

he does do that. Cuz' the hood of my honda had a burn mark on it from the flame. And he also uses it when he wins races, instead of the hazards!!!
Old 10-16-2003, 02:25 AM

Originally posted by DoriftoSil80
Okay, I am glad you all like the pics.

First of all, that flame thrower was installed on his car long before they thought about making fast and furious. I don't know why when someone has a flamethrower on their car someone has to think they got it from there.

Second, it's made from a spark plug drilled into a N1 exhaust system at the tip. From their a series of wires are hooking up the spark plug to a constant coil pack. On the coil pack he had to run a ground and another line to a switch. After flipping a switch he then loads up the exhaust with fuel by revving at a constant interval around 3500 rpms. If you have an air fuel ratio gauge try it and you'll see what I mean.
i wasnt insinuating that he got that from F&F merely that the constant jet of blue flame in the movie is propane system. as for a spark plug in the pipe that has been done forever, i had it on my nova. just dont run it too rich the flames can shoot out like 20ft if theres enough gas and exhaust gas.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:47 PM

Yea dude my grandpa was telling me about when he was in high school he put a sparkplug in his exhaust and put a FRIGGEN MODLE T ignition coil on it LOL!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 06:38 PM

There are universal kits for shooting flames out of your exhaust. I got to watch an install on a lowered pickup and it was pretty cool. The prefab kits are designed to work with your ignition system eliminating spark in the combustion chamber and instead light up a spark plug in your tail pipe. When you hit the switch the engine cycles over running extremely rich which in turn makes for some nice flames out the pipes.

The install I saw put the flames out of straightpipes coming out of a the hood of the truck. Admittedly it looked awesome; however, but it didnt really appeal to me.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:41 PM

Where did u see that video.. can we download it?.. what is the kit.. I want my silvia to have gases
Old 02-07-2004, 12:36 PM

My Brother Car Shooting Flame

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/siphan...@sbcglobal.net
Attached Thumbnails messing around with fire from exhaust on Supra!!!-janflame2.jpg  
Old 03-28-2004, 08:50 PM

whoa
Old 03-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Contributing Member

or you can just be running a notch too rich and shoot flames like i do
Old 03-29-2004, 08:02 AM

yeah, I have an 86 RX7 and if I ramp it up good and then let it fall back to idle, it'll spit flames out of the pipes (dual exhaust) much like that supra. I know that its running a bit rich, cause I adjusted it that way a while back.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by radhaz
There are universal kits for shooting flames out of your exhaust. I got to watch an install on a lowered pickup and it was pretty cool. The prefab kits are designed to work with your ignition system eliminating spark in the combustion chamber and instead light up a spark plug in your tail pipe. When you hit the switch the engine cycles over running extremely rich which in turn makes for some nice flames out the pipes.
how much do those kits run for approx?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:58 AM

i always thought that the flames in 2f2f were fake (computerized), but now i guess that they werent, didnt that look too fake to you guys ... ?
Old 04-07-2004, 08:42 PM

red supra + flames = love
Old 04-07-2004, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by tjb433
red supra + flames = love
dont forget skylines

Quick Reply: messing around with fire from exhaust on Supra!!!