Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Might be getting Tein s springs, anyone want in?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 12:05 PM

eibach sportline: 2.2 front / 2.1 rear
eibach pro-kit: 1.8 front / 1.6 rear

tanabe gf210: 1.5 front / 1.0 rear

all for 89-94 s13 (incase anyone was wondering)
Old 10-07-2005, 12:11 PM

I know the specs, what I meant was which one is better for performances, prokit or sportline on S14.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by redpotatoes
I know the specs, what I meant was which one is better for performances, prokit or sportline on S14.
I'm feeling friendly today.
(AFAIK IIRC):

TEIN S-Tech has mild increase in spring rates and mild lowering; you can use these with OEM shocks (but not recommended); most people who are on a performance budget go for these + KYB GR-2's or KYB AGX (the "christmas setup").

Eibach Sportline has a little better spring rate than OEM, more lowering than any other spring listed; at minimum you can run with KYB GR-2's or Tokico Blue shocks with these. OEM shocks are not recommended.

Tanabe Drop Feeling is similar to Eibach Sportline in terms of stiffness, but lower the car more than Sportline; recommend to use with KYB GR-2's or Tokico Blue's (the "smurf setup").

Tanabe Grip Feeling is stiffer than Eibach Sportline but not as stiff as Eibach Prokit; recommend to use with KYB AGX or Koni SPorts (Yellow) shocks.

Eibach Prokit has stiffer rates, less lowering; you must use aftermarket shocks like KYB AGX / Tokico Illumina / Koni Sports (Yellows) to use these correctly.

RS-R Race are the stiffest you can buy in a store without going custom, but you better have Koni Yellows (Special valved for RS-R rates) or you'll kill your OEM shocks with these springs. Some people use these with AGX, but that's pushing the limit of the AGX shock. I guess for low-speed stuff like Auto-X it hangs. LMAO

If you really want to get springs, I'd recommend choosing anything listed above.

Now then...

STAY AWAY FROM Generic stuff like Dropzone springs; the generic stuff may be cheap in the wallet and lower your car decent, but they are all superbly craptacular; likewise, these ghetto-fabulous low-quality springs are better than choosing R-1 type coilover SLEEVES that doesn't even fit... but then again anything listed in this paragraph isn't worth wasting time and money on. I don't care what your reasons are for buying this crap - if you can't afford it, save money until you can or find a different hobby. the only reasons for buying this crap is 1) you are ignorant and didn't know it was crap; 2) you have no patience and just want to be cool already with your lowered car.

As for the rest:
Never used Intrax but they go pretty low. LOL

RS-R Titaniums are like S-Techs but super duper lightweight and super duper $$$ holy cow!

Sprint springs are like S-Techs - nothing special, but decent for the budget.

HKS Super Form are like S-Techs but overpriced.

Megan Racing are like Sprints but lower, and I still won't trust them.

TEIN H-Tech is pointless.

RS-R Drop springs are like S-Techs.

Tanabe Normal Feeling springs are like TEIN H-Tech's, but you get Tanabe stickers instead.

Ground Controls are the only coilover-sleeve worth mentioning, but think about it - if you were to piece together a complete suspension setup:

$250 for GC sleeves +
$500 for Koni Sports +
Around $175 for a decent spring +
$275 for pillowball upper plates =

...if you are willing to spend this much to piece together a good suspension setup, add it up: you have more than enough $ to get real coilovers =)

Stick with the good stuffs.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

Woot! make that a sticky thread raine! thanks!
Old 10-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member

what should I stick it to? LOL
Old 10-07-2005, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
STAY AWAY FROM Generic stuff like Dropzone springs; the generic stuff may be cheap in the wallet and lower your car decent, but they are all superbly craptacular; likewise, these ghetto-fabulous low-quality springs are better than choosing R-1 type coilover SLEEVES that doesn't even fit... but then again anything listed in this paragraph isn't worth wasting time and money on. I don't care what your reasons are for buying this crap - if you can't afford it, save money until you can or find a different hobby. the only reasons for buying this crap is 1) you are ignorant and didn't know it was crap; 2) you have no patience and just want to be cool already with your lowered car.

[/B]
so true. its amazing how many people choose this route . r-1 all the way baby! lmao
Old 10-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ghostman
so true. its amazing how many people choose this route . r-1 all the way baby! lmao
seriously all the people who got suckered into buying R-1's "coilover sleeves for 240SX's" probably felt owned when they tried to install them and found their car to be 2" HIGHER (at the lowest setting).

I actually know a guy who installed those sleeves on his S13 at my house, and man... was I making fun of him that day ROFL
Old 10-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

seriously all the people who got suckered into buying R-1's "coilover sleeves for 240SX's" probably felt owned when they tried to install them and found their car to be 2" HIGHER (at the lowest setting).

I actually know a guy who installed those sleeves on his S13 at my house, and man... was I making fun of him that day ROFL
Old 10-10-2005, 01:43 PM

yup. just installed some on my friends altima. definately higher. man was he pissed
Old 10-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ghostman
yup. just installed some on my friends altima. definately higher. man was he pissed
Another one got owned. Poor guy.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:52 PM

raine start a new thread and get it stickied! some good basic suspension info and more could of course be added as well as pics and websites! idk just a thought haha the "r-1"s =lift kit? nice
Old 10-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by xXsilviaXx
raine start a new thread and get it stickied! some good basic suspension info and more could of course be added as well as pics and websites! idk just a thought haha the "r-1"s =lift kit? nice
Old 10-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by xXsilviaXx
sounds like a good idea... I'll look into it
Old 10-11-2005, 06:25 AM

Why Isn't This Stickied!?

Great info.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:07 AM

Good informations. This should be sticky.

I actually have KYB GR2 with OEM springs. You mentionned:

Eibach Sportline ... at minimum you can run with KYB GR-2's ...

Eibach Prokit ... you must use aftermarket shocks like KYB AGX / Tokico Illumina / Koni Sports (Yellows) to use these correctly ...

So Prokit would not be recommended with GR2 ? Just looking to have to best springs possible for my actual GR2. Thx

Quick Reply: Might be getting Tein s springs, anyone want in?