Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

More pics of my FREE 93 se coupe (56K NO NO)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:38 PM

Location: Greensboro/Burlington/Mebane/Chapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh/Greenville, NC
updated: problem parts list. lol
Old 02-25-2008, 10:42 PM

Location: Greensboro/Burlington/Mebane/Chapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh/Greenville, NC
Originally Posted by donteventry
haha. nice grab. uhhh a t25 on stock boost on a stock KA with full exhaust and front mount will usually net around 200-210 on an average tune.

Just so i can be the first, before you get a turbo you have to get coilovers to be cool on this forum

o an type x, where are you from in OH?
ur sayin w/ this setup i'd only be around 200-210rwhp?

turbo manifold
bov
small fmi (potentially get away w/ a smi)
turbo T25/T28/14B, etc smaller T2 setups
downpipe 2.5-3in
3in exhaust
sr 370cc injectors
apexi safc2
back off base timing at distributor or msd btm
Old 02-25-2008, 10:43 PM

problems list: (that i know of)
-driver side window doesnt work
-passenger side window only works from passenger side
-sunroof doesnt open all the way
-weather stripping on front windshield leaks
-no radio (not really a problem, but, ya know)
-front seats are crappy, driverseat has small tear
-burns oil
-believed to have ps leak (not sure)
-bad vibrating at around 3-3500rpm's
-carpet & floormats dirty as crap

-Drivers window switch is probably shorted, or something to that extent. That takes car of problem 1 &2
-Do you have a mechanical sunroof or automatic?
-Weather stripping can easily be replaced by auto glass repair places.
-No radio? Well ive got 2 that you can buy if you want
-Mmm burns oil and PS leak and bad vibrations = time for rebuild especially if youre planning on boosting the KA
-Carpet, well yaa everyones carpet looks like ****, unless theyre lucky or gay or something.

And yes I am saying you will only see about 200-210 **MAYBE** 215Whp with those kinds of setups. But keep in mind, thats WHEEL horse power, meaning what you'll put down to the pavement, not what you'll make at the crank. They had a thread on ka-t.org where it was proven that you could run an n60 maf, 370cc injectors and a t25 setup and not have any tuning at all. In fact I found the thread just because I'm sweet like that: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10253

Last edited by donteventry; 02-25-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Contributing Member

haha. nice grab. uhhh a t25 on stock boost on a stock KA with full exhaust and front mount will usually net around 200-210 on an average tune.

Just so i can be the first, before you get a turbo you have to get coilovers to be cool on this forum

o an type x, where are you from in OH?

im from akron/green..
Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 PM

problems list: (that i know of)
-driver side window doesnt work
-passenger side window only works from passenger side
-sunroof doesnt open all the way
-weather stripping on front windshield leaks
-no radio (not really a problem, but, ya know)
-front seats are crappy, driverseat has small tear
-burns oil
-believed to have ps leak (not sure)
-bad vibrating at around 3-3500rpm's
-carpet & floormats dirty as crap

-Drivers window switch is probably shorted, or something to that extent. That takes car of problem 1 &2
-Do you have a mechanical sunroof or automatic?
-Weather stripping can easily be replaced by auto glass repair places.
-No radio? Well ive got 2 that you can buy if you want
-Mmm burns oil and PS leak and bad vibrations = time for rebuild especially if youre planning on boosting the KA
-Carpet, well yaa everyones carpet looks like ****, unless theyre lucky or gay or something.

And yes I am saying you will only see about 200-210 **MAYBE** 215Whp with those kinds of setups. But keep in mind, thats WHEEL horse power, meaning what you'll put down to the pavement, not what you'll make at the crank. They had a thread on ka-t.org where it was proven that you could run an n60 maf, 370cc injectors and a t25 setup and not have any tuning at all. In fact I found the thread just because I'm sweet like that: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10253
thanks for the advice man. and yeah i read that same thread. pretty crazy. but cool.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:56 PM

Depending on how much money you have to blow you might want to consider some of the swaps, or buying a rebuild kit from turbo240.com
Old 02-25-2008, 11:03 PM

im not really feeling the whole swap thing. its just played out imo (sr swap). altho i kno the ka-t is gettin kinda big. i was thinkin of just gettin an oe rebuild kit, and putting different pistons & rods?!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:20 PM

Ya plenty of people have done that. But here check this out: http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...roducts_id=303

Here is the site: http://www.amsperformance.com/store/index.php?cPath=24
Old 02-25-2008, 11:32 PM

i've checked that out already. i bit to pricey for me. thats why i was thinkin more along the lines of an oe rebuild kit. im not tryin to make a ton of power. or i could buy my friends 95 parts 240 (obdI) and use that motor (less than 160K i believe) but not sure how long that would hold up. the car will mainly be for wknd fun and drift events.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

don't waste your time with a bottom mount setup and t2 flanged turbo. i figured that out the hard way. go ahead and get a large t3 or t4 flanged turbo and go top mount, less headache, more power at lower boost level. I made 180hp and 210tq at 8psi on a t25, pretty gross. I'm making more power now at 4-5psi with a top mount to4e. t25's are just way too small for kas
Old 02-26-2008, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by silviaks2nr
don't waste your time with a bottom mount setup and t2 flanged turbo. i figured that out the hard way. go ahead and get a large t3 or t4 flanged turbo and go top mount, less headache, more power at lower boost level. I made 180hp and 210tq at 8psi on a t25, pretty gross. I'm making more power now at 4-5psi with a top mount to4e. t25's are just way too small for kas
thanks man. i was wondering about that. but i knew that i had already wanted a top mount. well, cuz they just look cool! lol
Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM

the window problem might be that box that the window control plugs into. i ended up replacing it with one that i found in the junkyard. you might wanna try n clean it up with that electronic spary can from kragen and ziptie that sucker down (connector n box together) you'll see what im talking about when u pop off the door panel.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM

Man That car looks clean. I wish someone can gave me a free 240
Old 02-26-2008, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by jdmflavor510
the window problem might be that box that the window control plugs into. i ended up replacing it with one that i found in the junkyard. you might wanna try n clean it up with that electronic spary can from kragen and ziptie that sucker down (connector n box together) you'll see what im talking about when u pop off the door panel.
thanks man. i'll have to check it out.

Originally Posted by 94Boy
Man That car looks clean. I wish someone can gave me a free 240
thanks! lol
Old 02-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Contributing Member

man ur one lucky mo fo

Quick Reply: More pics of my FREE 93 se coupe (56K NO NO)