Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

My 240sx!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM

I would have done a lot different things to it. the oil catch can is useless. I never bothered to hook it up cause I saw no use. and the guy before me was going to turbo it so he installed almost everything but the turbo. the detachable steering wheel is nice so i don't smash my knees when I get out.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:43 PM

Once again, I know how difficult it is getting out of a car with stock seats . . .it's horrible, I know. All of that trauma of . . .sitting down . . .and standing up. They should have just made them with removable steering wheels from the factory. I mean . . .duh Dave . . .you can't just sit into a car with stock interior . . .you'll bang your knees.

If the catch can is useless, sell it . . .get some extra cash for the floating . . .the turbo timer, SAFC2 and A/F gauge are all useless. I would sell them as well. The SAFC2 is worth some big money . . .or heck . . .keep it for when you get that NA SR you were talking about a few months back.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:45 PM

it won't hurt the engine one bit only crack a manifold if you don't believe it I have seen it happen to a n/a talon. oh so since you don't like my car I should just sell it then right since your jackass opinion matters.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:50 PM

once again I hit MY knees so it helps me. catch can is getting sold. im keeping the safc controller cause im swapping in an rb hopefully later down the road. that's funny cause I don't recall talking about swapping in a na sr since I just got the car and just actually found out they made na sr's not that long ago.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:55 PM

TOTAL DANGER TO THE MANIFOLD!

Totally gonna get that RB swap going on. Can't wait to see how that works for ya.

I'm not saying sell your car . . .I'm just saying you shouldn't have unnecessary parts . . .a turbo timer is an unnecessary part.

How the hell did he crack a manifold. I mean, they cast those parts. He overheat then you guys spray cold water on the engine? Cuz . . .that'll do it.

Look kiddo, I don't know how things go down in Minnesota, but I'm almost positive that I've put my car away hotter and wetter than you've possibly had the chance of achieving. Never "cracked a manifold" or . . .anything . . .and I don't have a turbo timer for my motor . . .maybe I'm just lucky . . .
Old 09-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Dave STFU im 6'8" so what if i hit my knees in stock interiors...

i was driving my moms CR-V and i noticed the sunroof opening on its own i was like WTF im the only one in the car.... then i noticed my knee hitting the sunroof switch...

anyway i have removable steering wheels after the years im just too lazy to take it off anymore lol.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:10 PM

how did you make it through school you honestly do not listen I bought the car with everything on it. I don't really care what you think about my car its not yours. he got it hot and shut it off and over time started to crack. I don't really care what you have done. im done arguing with you over my car. don't like it then get the **** out. after I sell my truck I could do any rb swap I wanted but instead im saving up slowly to do one and am waiting on a quote for a front clip. the price is anywhere from 2500 to 4000 installed but I would rather do it myself
Old 09-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Contributing Member

allow me to butt in for a sec...the manifold could crack if it were to be wrapped with exhaust wrap and the engine was not allowed to cool properly. the makers of that stuff recommend a few minutes of idling to prevent warping, or other such damage. i would not use exhaust wrap because i do not feel it is not worth the potential damage. but if it were to be used, a turbo timer would come in handy but would seem like a retard idea on a na engine.

i'm surprised no one is making a big to do about the electrical tape under the cd player, that stuff is for amateurs.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 09-10-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
allow me to butt in for a sec...the manifold could crack if it were to be wrapped with exhaust wrap and the engine was not allowed to cool properly. the makers of that stuff recommend a few minutes of idling to prevent warping, or other such damage. i would not use exhaust wrap because i do not feel it is not worth the potential damage. but if it were to be used, a turbo timer would come in handy but would seem like a retard idea on a na engine.

i'm surprised no one is making a big to do about the electrical tape under the cd player, that stuff is for amateurs.

LMAO!

So much win in this thread . . . my friend from TX read this and sent me this little gem . . .

http://www.houston240sx.com/showthread.php?t=39376

It's all in the manifold
Old 09-10-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by lifted&lowered
how did you make it through school you honestly do not listen I bought the car with everything on it. I don't really care what you think about my car its not yours. he got it hot and shut it off and over time started to crack. I don't really care what you have done. im done arguing with you over my car. don't like it then get the **** out. after I sell my truck I could do any rb swap I wanted but instead im saving up slowly to do one and am waiting on a quote for a front clip. the price is anywhere from 2500 to 4000 installed but I would rather do it myself
With your punctuation, grammar and apparent disrespect for the English language . . .apparently I did a lot better than you, my friend.

I'm still not buying the manifold story, sorry . . .I do a lot to cars . . .cars of different makes and models, not just my car, and I have yet to crack a manifold because I put it away warm.

Good luck with your RB swap tho . . .at least you'll then have some use for all that ICE you're rockin.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

ebay manifold crack when you dont use a turbo timer in a NA car

ah i see now

also you need the turbo timer to properly cool down the muffler bearings
Old 09-10-2009, 06:43 PM

and headlight fluid . . .

Because that's the first thing my mechanics check for after an event . . .make sure my fluid temps are all together
Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 PM

I actually did great in english besides spelling..i just don't need to use it all properly. im not writing a paper.. or trying to impress anyone. the header was off ebay so I don't know if that had a thing to do with it. ill ask him if he stilll has it and ill post a picture of it.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

driftwood.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
driftwood.

ROFLMAO!