Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

my color scheme problem...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 10:14 PM

my color scheme problem...

When I paint my car, I'm going with a lambo orange (called Arancio)

will be for exterior, and engine bay, black valve cover, black IC piping, and black wire loom (everything in engine bay is black!).

Rims are Silver. Calipers will be black (not to copy any major caliper company, I have a fondness with the color black!)

Type 4 body kit I'm going to get has that lip on the bottom, and that will be either silver or black, or just keep it all one color?

I can't decide! I need a little help on that! What do you think? I kinda like the silver, it stands out a little more! If it ricey tell me, if you like it tell me!

Oh, my picture editting sucks big time, so bear with the crappy editting!

Black lip

Silver lip

My interior will be black, my seats (are going to be Sparco Fighter) will be black, my roll cage black, dash, etc., etc.!

Should I get black carpet, or go with like silver/gray or white?

what do you think?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:34 PM

I think either option would look pretty good. Personally I like all one color. A colored lip always reminds me of a monte carlo, just because thats the only car I see around here with that. Not saying thats a bad thing. As for the carpet I think black or grey. Probably grey, white would be a real pain in the ***.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:43 PM

one color is good, because it keeps the cops off your ***, but with me having that bright of orange, it won't matter!

there is only one M.C. in my area and its solid white. I hate M.C.'s anyways!

White will be a pain in the ***, dirt, and everything else would show.

I will be going black with the carpet! NO more replys for the carpet!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:47 PM

black black and black is good no sliver lip dude black it out it looks slick, you can get carpet paint its cheap and an easy mod if not get carpet from a 240 that had it black should fit from any year 240... (correct me someone if im wrong, not sure..) from a wrecker i like black black and black combo the whole combo ARE's dope dude i like it!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:48 PM

Ya here in Wisconsin Monte Carlos are everywhere, I see 5 everyday just in my parking lot at work.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by g3bio
black black and black is good no sliver lip dude black it out it looks slick, you can get carpet paint its cheap and an easy mod if not get carpet from a 240 that had it black should fit from any year 240... (correct me someone if im wrong, not sure..) from a wrecker i like black black and black combo the whole combo ARE's dope dude i like it!
remember I want the bright orange for the exterior, black is cool, but very hot in the texas summer, it can get 100+ everyday!!!

but the interior, it won't matter, because I am going to tint my windows, and I rarely park where the sun will shine directly into the front window!
Old 04-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Contributing Member

one color will be cheaper, and it will look better IMO, that looks like the URAS kit? ...yea stick with one color
Old 04-08-2006, 09:18 AM

single color FTW
Old 04-08-2006, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
one color will be cheaper, and it will look better IMO, that looks like the URAS kit? ...yea stick with one color
yes, it is the URAS kit, like I said, I SUCK at photo editting!

BTW S13 what is FTW? I'm kind of stupid this month, April is my bad luck month!

this is what I thought about doing, when I paint my car, just paint the top part of the kit, and use aluminum foil for the silver, and for black use electrical tape JUST for an idea, if I don't like it, I can take the foil or tape off, with no harm done to the kit, then paint the lower kit part!

reminds me of one of a friend in high school, he wrapped his truck in aluminum foil and drove down the highway, people were getting pis$ed, and a cop pulled him over, and told him to remove it, which he did, but cop thought it was a little funny, so he didn't get a ticket! LOL

What do you think of the bright orange color though?
Old 04-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Contributing Member

bright orange is okay, if you want a two tone color scheme i think you should paint the upper section (roof) black of anything, it would be hard to make a two tone look good with that body kit because of how it modifies the bodylines.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
bright orange is okay, if you want a two tone color scheme i think you should paint the upper section (roof) black of anything, it would be hard to make a two tone look good with that body kit because of how it modifies the bodylines.
If you mean the inset lines running down the side of the car, I'm getting rid of them, when I bondo the dents and everything, I don't have many dents thats noticable, you pretty much have to be looking really hard. Well I take that back the silvia fenders are dented pretty bad from shipping!

If not, like I said before I'm stupid, let me in on the secet!!! LOL sorry guys, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to vehicles, like on of my threads says, I let the car run out of coolant, and I nearly blew the motor!!!

I'm not to cool with a black top roof, it heats up like crazy in the texas summer, thats why I'm going with a bright orange color.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:14 AM

FTW=For The Win
Old 04-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Contributing Member

Wow that paint scheme idea ss San Francisco Treat right there.

Agree with S13 240 FTW...
Old 04-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

I think the kit in black looks sizick. Trust me on black interior though, if your a/c isnt top notch, youre gonna hurt till you get used to the extreme heat... i think im gonna convert mine to r-134a when i do decide to recharge it... not that it doesnt work, its just not as cold as i think it should be.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:20 AM

I went shopping at Wal-Mart sunday night, and bought some model car spray paint (Competition orange and silver), primer, and gloss clear coat, and a 240sx RC car (coupe unfortunally)

But will be doing the color scheme above with the silver lower part to see if it looks good or not, if not, I will do the black, if I don't like it, screw it I do single color!

I already took the body off the RC car, sanded it down, washed it up, and still have to get the inset lines clean, still has gold in it!

But I will keep you guys updated on the progress, and will get pictures up after its finished!!!

lets see, I need a new engine, but playing with an RC car that cost $20. and the paint and items were another $25. I'm real smart!!!! I will never understand my self!!!

Quick Reply: my color scheme problem...