Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

my new car!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

YESH! hurry yup, im so anxious, this could affect, me doing the work im suppose to be doing now even more(im in the computer lab)
Old 02-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

yeaa i sold my camera a while ago so...ill try to borrow my friends cameras or something.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by 1993Coupe
lol you cut the springs? i thought i was the only one lol. its hard not to when you cant buy coils yet. instant slamage!
can you tell me how you cut your springs.. how many coils... from the top or bottom of spring... how much did it drop your car... .... see i have tein's on the way in may for my b-day, but i just put 17X7.5's on my car with fuzion ZRI tires and now my car looks extra 4X4. i also have an extra set of OEM springs laying around so i gess i should try it... . FREE FTW!!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member

use an angle grinder or a plasma cutter and cut of coils, i usually cut the springs so that when the strut is fully extended the springs still touch both perches. from there i just cut a little more at a time until i find a decent height.

or just wait for your coilovers to come in.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by clubredsilvia
can you tell me how you cut your springs.. how many coils... from the top or bottom of spring... how much did it drop your car... .... see i have tein's on the way in may for my b-day, but i just put 17X7.5's on my car with fuzion ZRI tires and now my car looks extra 4X4. i also have an extra set of OEM springs laying around so i gess i should try it... . FREE FTW!!
lol uhhh i cut the front like in half and the back 3/4. very bumpy

Last edited by MS!3; 02-03-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

so more pictureless, worthless updates. i bought strobes for my front lights, fog lights to mount vertically in my grille (like a levin) and new wheel studs since the old ones kept breaking.

pics tomorrow though i think.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Contributing Member

stop making exscuses yuta!
Old 02-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

sounds cool, so what with the 240? break?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

shut up jared, dont distract him from getting more pictures.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member

hahah nice little car

i wanted to cut the springs on mine but i would rather spend 2k on coilovers

have fun
Old 02-04-2007, 06:54 PM

pictures=happiness!!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Levi SPL S14
hahah nice little car

i wanted to cut the springs on mine but i would rather spend 2k on coilovers

have fun
ya what happened to yours, are you still building it? a while ago i remember hearing somewhere you were building one. any pictures? info? footage so on?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Contributing Member

yea so i got hella **** done today. but just for jordan i decided not to take pics. jk my friend with the camera took some pics but he had to leave early, he said he will post on jzxproject so ill post them here later. well, i got the fog lights in, mouted vertically where the grill used to be of course, and got the strobes in and wired up...then they decided they were gonna be broken so ill try to take them back to kragens, mocked up the oilcooler, will install when i get fake hoses, LOL. and other cool junk, installed a "body kit" on a cutomers accord and sanded my friends engine bay and interior (S13). yea. stay tuned for pics. (hopefully they are decent)

oh and levi, im either gonna make KTS S13 coils to work or just get T3 fronts + "custom" springs/AGX in the rear, the car came with cut springs since i bought it from a friend. post pics of your MX83

that is all.

Last edited by Ayuaddict; 02-04-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

yes we got pics coming finally! ive been waiting so long for this lol. so how was the accords "bodykit"? lol ricer? post pics of all of your shops progress.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
yea so i got hella **** done today. but just for jordan i decided not to take pics. jk my friend with the camera took some pics but he had to leave early, he said he will post on jzxproject so ill post them here later. well, i got the fog lights in, mouted vertically where the grill used to be of course, and got the strobes in and wired up...then they decided they were gonna be broken so ill try to take them back to kragens, mocked up the oilcooler, will install when i get fake hoses, LOL. and other cool junk, installed a "body kit" on a cutomers accord and sanded my friends engine bay and interior (S13). yea. stay tuned for pics. (hopefully they are decent)

oh and levi, im either gonna make KTS S13 coils to work or just get T3 fronts + "custom" springs/AGX in the rear, the car came with cut springs since i bought it from a friend. post pics of your MX83

that is all.
Damn sounds like you have plan. Mine is still very much stock. I want to make her a EXE car but lack of funds kinda kills that.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: my new car!