Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Need some Silvia conversion install help/tips.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Need some Silvia conversion install help/tips.

Picked up a Silvia Conversion and wanted to know if there are some helpful tips you guys could suggest during install or if you guys know of any links/sites that might be of help.
Thanks...
Old 03-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Contributing Member

I've never done one myself yet but it should be pretty straight foward, the only area that might require a lil research is wiring up the headlights. Good Luck with it.

post pix of your progress man, I love the Silvia Fronts
Old 03-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

which silvia conversion and what brand?

if its a S15 conversion, i believe theres a write up on that. Search it up

and post pics
Old 03-17-2007, 03:42 PM

Its just ypur standard Silvia Conversion on my 93 Coupe.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

yeah that should be no sweat
Old 03-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

taking off the bumper is a huge PIA, fenders are easy
Old 03-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

yeah taking off the stock bumper on the 240s is a pain there are way too many bolts. and in gay spots
Old 03-17-2007, 08:13 PM

I've removed my front end about a month ago to install the intercooler for my KA-T. Kinda wish I never put it back on. Just didn't know I was going to get a Silvia conversion so soon. Can I use my bumper support from my USDM 240, or do I have to use the one that came with my conversion. I hate to have to cut the bumper support, cutting the first one was a pain in the butt.

P.S Thanks for the reply guys. I posted the same question on NICO a couple of days ago and not one single reply. I've noticed that a few questions I've asked over there I get no to VERY few replies. Not much love over there.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Contributing Member

well this sort of question has prob been asked over there. searching can be hard esp if you dont use the right key words. if you havent already, go ahead and download the FSM as it is EXTREMELY useful.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Contributing Member

The only minor annoyance that I ran into was the front bumper reinforcement, at least on the '93. In it's stock position we couldn't get the Silvia bumper on so we took the reinforcement off, drilled two new holes about 1.5 to 2 inches behind the factory holes, which now allow you to slide it back 1.5 to 2 inches, and put it(the bumper) back on. Now we could get the bumper on. The only other alternative was to leave the bumper reinforcement off and I do not think you want to do that. The headlights plug right up. The turn signals and sidemarkers on the pop-up frontend are separate but on the Silvia they are one unit so you need to cut and splice some wires. Everything else, like the fenders, lights, grill, hood and brackets are a bolt on affair.

Last edited by positron; 03-20-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

I couldn't find the page that I used for reference but I did find this http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...921&offset=420
hope it helps.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Contributing Member

Hope you have good luck with the install, i've always found the best way to do something is to just do what you can already... that is dissasembly. other than that the hood and fenders should bolt right up just like the usdm parts. you can probably fab up your own headlamp brackets or buy some for about $50 on ebay. good too see another ka-t.org member on here
Old 03-20-2007, 03:14 PM

positron, Thanks for the link.

silviaks2nr, I have the headlight brackets. I think thats what they are. I hope there is only 1 per side. I do have a question on the corner lights. There are 2 light sockets. I was told that the OEM side marker light will plug into one, but what do I need for the second plug? I was told that a Honda side maker light plug will do. One plug needs to have 2 ear like parts and the other plug looks to be a 3 ear type of plug. Can anybody help me here?
Old 03-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by JDMbyBlood
positron, Thanks for the link.

silviaks2nr, I have the headlight brackets. I think thats what they are. I hope there is only 1 per side. I do have a question on the corner lights. There are 2 light sockets. I was told that the OEM side marker light will plug into one, but what do I need for the second plug? I was told that a Honda side maker light plug will do. One plug needs to have 2 ear like parts and the other plug looks to be a 3 ear type of plug. Can anybody help me here?
I'm prety sure one is for a blinker, and maybe the other is just a running light. don't quote me on that though, you can probably splice the 2nd bulb to your blinkers and use them in tandem with the regular blinkers.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Contributing Member

The 240SX has one harness for the sidemarker lights and another for the turn signals. The Silvia corner light is one piece that has both sidemarker and turn signals. If I remember correctly we had to splice another wire from the front turn signals to a plug for the other socket so both the front turn signals and the corner light turn signals work in tandem. I'll go take a look and see how we did it.

Quick Reply: Need some Silvia conversion install help/tips.