Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

New tires! Again.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:46 PM

New tires! Again.

I bought Falken Azenis previously. They went on my 300zx rims.

I've been having issues, and I was debating replacing my rims and tires. I didn't pull the trigger until last week.

I was planning on getting another set of Azenis with my new rim setup, but I always wanted A048R tires. Since the tires are nearly double the cost of Azenis and the money can be better spent else where on my car I never thought about getting them any time soon.

Window shopping tirerack last week, I came across a sweet deal.

Advan A048R tires in the 225/50/16 size for $155 a piece ($218 regular price). I jumped on the sale. I'm guess Tirerack either has too many of these tires or the size is being discontinued. Either way it was what I wanted and I bought them. They are gorgeous! I am planning on going with Enkei RPF1 rims. Size 16x8; offset +25.

Here are the pix. I will update the thread when I purchase the rims.

I love the tread pattern!

Look so meaty!

I know a bit of a girly size, but they'll grip like no other!

These are the rims I want:

Enkei RPF1
Old 05-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

that will be a sweet combo with enkeis. I saw that sale too, but I need a wider tire than 225
Old 05-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Contributing Member

its going to look alot better then those 300zx rims haha
Old 05-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Contributing Member

tirerack is the place to go for, i just ordered some new wheels and tires there myself. i went with 205/45/17, and 17x7" wheels. i honestly don't like tires that are too wide. the 235s on my jetta are a bit more than i'd like so when it's time i'll go with 225 so they'll be a bit stretched.

you do know if you would have ordered the wheels and tires together they would have mounted and balanced then for free right?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Contributing Member

favorite tires ever
Old 05-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Contributing Member

good stuff. i got RT-615's all the way around... my first time having new rubber.. very sticky man... even when i was on the skid pad
Old 05-28-2008, 01:43 AM
Contributing Member

sweeeeeeeet.

one day i will be able to afford brand new tires.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:25 AM

the rt615 are great tires. I've purchased 5 set of those tires in my life. The A048s are probably overkill for my car, but they'll do great at the track, and I paid slightly more then I would have if I purchased RT615s in the same size. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

My friend recently got married so between wedding costs and tires the rims were out of my league. Once i pay off my debt from wedding associated expenses I'll purchase my rims and tires. I may try and get the rims powder coated gunmetal or black. 30% chance of that happening, depends on how much of deal I can work out for the powder coating.

I know I'll be driving harder with these tires ten I do now. Ahhhh. CAN'T WAIT!
Old 05-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Contributing Member

so your friend got the girl and you picked up the bill?

care to be my friend?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

if he was the best man its his job to by strippers and beer(bachelor party)
Old 05-29-2008, 04:54 PM

wedding related costs were, hotel rooms, tux rental, wedding gift. gas to drive to said wedding. it adds up too quickly.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:25 PM

So after months I finally got the $ together and bought some rims. Actually it was sooner than expected. I found a deal on live.com to get 20% cashback on all purchases made through Buy it now on Ebay. So I bought the rims a few weeks sooner than expect since I saved $200 on the purchase of the rims.

As stated I bought Enkei RPF1s. The rims are 16x8 with a +15 offset. I was going to go with a +25 offset but I wanted a lot of clearance between my shocks and wheels. My current wheel setup is within a few mm of the the shock body in the front. There's much more clearance with these new rims.

Sadly the rims stick out past the fender slightly. I figure once the car is lowered and I'm running some negative camber they will fit well. Is a fender roll and pull necessary too?

Anyways let me know what you think. I'm going to have the tires mounted and balanced on Friday. I'm going to install the wheels and tires on Friday as well. I want to see if these will solve my steering vibration issues since replacing the front rotors improved but didn't solve my vibration problem.

Pix:

Racing!

I keep 'em clean.

First set of aftermarket wheels after a long long time.

Inspected by my dawg Y. Suzuki.

What do you think sticking out too far? From the rear obviously

From the front

Plenty of brake clearance.

All you low offset gurus; I'm all ears on how to make these look good on the car.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

just a dash of flare and pinch of camber you will be fine. looks clean bro
Old 07-23-2008, 02:46 PM

It's going to look silly until I get the car lowered. I don't want to spend the $ on the suspension until I have $ to get exactly what I want. I'm planning to do coil overs, bushings and all corresponding suspension arms with it.

Should I drive around with the rims and tires sticking out like they are? Looks ghetto I think.

more pix here:

www.bumnah.com/rims
Old 07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

bad ****. it's going to look great with tires and put on the ground. I'm willing to bet the wheels won't look like they stick out either. A small roll of the fenders should be enough if they do. mine really look ghetto since they are 16x8 -10 with 225/50

Quick Reply: New tires! Again.