Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

New tires! Again.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Contributing Member

jesus christ

honestly i dont see a point to those expensive *** tires with stock suspension, im not trying to be an *** but coilovers and stock wheels would probably out-handle what you have now..not to mention that fender gap is atrocious..

seriously though, those tires dont last very long and I highly suggest investing in a good coilover set and alignment before anything else..to anyone who is reading this thread trying to gain knowledge

edit, it looks like your running positive camber as well, definitely not helping
Old 07-26-2008, 04:43 AM

yeah. the fender gap is pretty bad. You're right about the coilovers as well.

This aggressive of a tire on stock suspension is not a good pair up either. The price I bought them for was too good to pass up though.

The used z32 rims I bought to go with my 5 lug conversion were causing my steering wheel vibration. That was my suspicion at the time; now proven to be true.

The bent rims and great price for these tires is why I went this route. As you can see from my pictures of what I'm replacing, my original idea was to purchase what you're saying, oem rims with decent tire.

Suspension isn't as simple as just bolting on coilovers either. When I do my suspension, I plan to do coilovers bushings and all corresponding arms as well. That's a lot of $ and downtime. What good are coilovers when the rear sub frame bushings are 15 years old and in desperate need of replacement? I plan to address all of this, this winter. I also wanted work out all the bugs from this 5 lug and brake conversion first as well. It's pointless to modify something else when the first thing you modified isn't working properly.

I'll double check on the positive camber I didn't see any when I looked it over. I had the car aligned after I did my brake conversion at the beginning of this year. It should be on point. It's getting aligned soon anyways (too much toe in the front) but I have a lot of front end suspension pieces waiting to get installed before I take it in.

These rims and tires fixed my steering wheel vibration. That's worth the monster truck look.

Last edited by Bumnah; 07-26-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member

i see

well goodluck getting it all in, shouldnt be to bad minus the bushings, suspension is probably the easiest part on out cars, could easily have most arms and links replaced a days work..

oh just a lil tip, if you are replacing the tie rods, especially the inners, make sure you get a set of steering angle spacers, MAX even give them out for free if you pay shipping..they are wonderful and well worth the small amount of time it takes to install them
Old 07-26-2008, 12:17 PM

Nothing is hard to do on the car. It's all the $ required to purchase the parts. I'd also like to do other things while I have the suspension torn apart.

I'm planning on powder coating the rear sub frame when I pull it. I'm going to press out the bushings in the OEM LCA's. Replace the bushings in the z32 uprights. Powdercoating any of the arms that will not be replaced with after market pieces. Getting it corner balanced and having the entire thing aligned at a qualified race shop. It's not the work that is an issue it's the money required to purchase the parts. I want to enjoy driving this car for the remainder of 2008. I'll work on it slowly during the winter when it's pretty much worthless to have on the road.

I have a dream.....