Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

preformance or looks

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member

preformance or looks

what is more important to you...how good your car looks, kits wings ect
or how well your car preforms
WAI CAI engine mods ect
Old 08-06-2002, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

easy question- performance all the way
Old 08-06-2002, 12:53 PM
Contributing Member

well i made the big mistake of going with looks before performance... i spent alot of money on the looks of the car before i spent money on mods... well now i know that i made the mistake... but everyone has their own opinions... i would say go half and half..
Old 08-06-2002, 12:59 PM

I'd have to say performance. You always remember that fast ugly **** box, but show cars always seem to get forgotten. I will say though your car should at least look good rnough that your proud to drive it.

Statik
Old 08-06-2002, 01:19 PM
Regulate

Shouldnt look like a piece of crap and shouldnt drive like one either.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:29 PM

Heres a good balance a couple weeks ago this at the local, "NON-authorized" races. A white Supra pulls up next to a CRX. Now when the supra hit the corner everyone started doing the oooh ahhh bit. But the trained eyes in the crowd knew what was going to happen, Yes the supra had a bad *** kit on it this extremely bright white paint job and a nice set of 18"s but no intercooler in the front, (not even the stock side mount) meaning it was a non-turbo. On the other hand the CRX's idle was rougher then smokers cough . So the CRX looked stock had been dropped with a set of rota's. So all the unknowing people in the crowd are saying oooh the supras gonna smoke the crx, the guy in the crx is stupid. When the flaggers hands dropped the crx came off the line with a vengance but barely ahead of the supra the VTEC kicked in everyone covered there ears and watched the crx pickup about 5 car lengths in the next few seconds. So in this case the Supra was beautiful but couldnt back up his looks the crx looked clean, nothing major done to the body and wasnt all that fast but could hold its weight. Basically look at it like this for every body part your buy, buy a engine part thats about the same price next. The you'll always be even.

Statik
Old 08-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Contributing Member

No one will see my lumps when I blow past them. All go. Then show.

You will screw up the show parts anyway as you work on the go parts. Ain't nothing like kitting your car then putting it on a lift for go parts.