Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

RaceOn USA Wide body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:06 PM

RaceOn USA Wide body kit?

Does anyone know what this looks like have pics or links to pics or prices? I know someone getting rid of one and I think Im gonna pick it up but he cant get me pics right now and I cant find anything online about it.

Help?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Contributing Member

bad idea. raceon usa is known for their bad quality... there are a million topics about this.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:28 PM

The only issue I saw about race on was with their S15 front end conversion kits nothing else...

This is a complete body wide body kit for an S13 comes with front bumper front fenders side skirts rear quarters and a rear bumper.

I also heard their newer kits have greatly improved quality and this is a newer kit.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by shaban
bad idea. raceon usa is known for their bad quality... there are a million topics about this.
This is why I've missed you. . .so honest . . .so straight forward . . .

Originally Posted by dcwiker05
The only issue I saw about race on was with their S15 front end conversion kits nothing else...

This is a complete body wide body kit for an S13 comes with front bumper front fenders side skirts rear quarters and a rear bumper.

I also heard their newer kits have greatly improved quality and this is a newer kit.
Well, to be honest, it sounds as if you've already made up your mind. You're a grown man, we can't make a decision for you and chances are, we can only do SO much to sway your decision if you're set in your mind. Just get it if you want it. When you get it, install it and make a thread detailing how it holds up. You may change the minds of several tuners out there.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM

I havent made up my mind I just said my response to him. He said there was a lot of threads about RaceOn and I only found a few most complaining about the conversion kit not much detailing other parts and nothing on their wide body kit. I came here and posted that asking for others opinions so that I CAN make up my mind, that doesn't mean I cant post a rebuttal to his post to clarify if its the entire company or just some sloppy conversion kit. Kinda like I'd buy a TV from Samsung but never even consider a camera from them because they make great TVs their cameras... not so much...

So sorry if me trying to get a little clarification to a semi vague post denies me any more input on the situation but the guy wants $400 for the kit and I really need new well everything to replace (dented fenders, totally f**ked front bumper) or cover dents (bad passenger quarter panel by tail light) and help fix rust issues(driver side skirt). So to me 400 isnt bad but Im desperate for a cleaned up 240...so I wanted some more experienced people to clue me in on if this was a decent deal or if I should skip it and look elsewhere...
Old 08-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Contributing Member

Everyone that has bought RaceOn kits has come in thinking the same way. That they have read the reviews and that RaceOn is good. Every single one of them has written a follow up review about how fitment was horrible and they had to pay more just to get it to fit semi-decently.
I understand why you want to get the body kit, no one likes a damaged car. My honest opinion though is to look around a bit more before you decide on that kit.

Other than a bad choice in body kit manufacturers, do you have the right wheels for a wide body kit? You really don't want to get that really sunken look.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by shaban
Everyone that has bought RaceOn kits has come in thinking the same way. That they have read the reviews and that RaceOn is good. Every single one of them has written a follow up review about how fitment was horrible and they had to pay more just to get it to fit semi-decently.
I understand why you want to get the body kit, no one likes a damaged car. My honest opinion though is to look around a bit more before you decide on that kit.

Other than a bad choice in body kit manufacturers, do you have the right wheels for a wide body kit? You really don't want to get that really sunken look.
Alright now thats more the response I was hoping for thank you.

Yeah its killing me having this thing with the front nose hardly hanging on and all the other beat to hell stuff that she has I want to get her fixed up.

I am kinda curious if this guy knows as much as he seemed to though now that you guys say RaceOn isnt good. He said he does body work and has a hooked up vert and coupe slider to prove it. Im thinking if I can get him to install the kit for me for a group price would that be a deal? Say I give him 700-900 for the kit and install together? He works at Advanced Auto and knew his stuff when he looked at my car for me. As for wheels I have been looking and I cant make up my mind... I want a basic six spoke set up really just nice plan no chrome lips or anything kinda like the ones offered as an option on the 350z at some point but not as fat of spokes. Havent found much to my liking.

Now that all being said what are some better options for me if RaceOn isnt the stuff they try to say they are... I dont want anything too crazy freaking hate those big *** Bomex kits and crap I like subtle for the most part. Thing is Im on a budget (kid : / ) thats another reason this RaceOn was appealing.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:17 AM

Before I get started on this, I want to say that I don't want to detriment the post. Shaban is a wealth of knowledge on stuff like this so I'll let him continue . . .that said . . .

Originally Posted by dcwiker05
I havent made up my mind I just said my response to him. He said there was a lot of threads about RaceOn and I only found a few most complaining about the conversion kit not much detailing other parts and nothing on their wide body kit. I came here and posted that asking for others opinions so that I CAN make up my mind, that doesn't mean I cant post a rebuttal to his post to clarify if its the entire company or just some sloppy conversion kit. Kinda like I'd buy a TV from Samsung but never even consider a camera from them because they make great TVs their cameras... not so much...

So sorry if me trying to get a little clarification to a semi vague post denies me any more input on the situation but the guy wants $400 for the kit and I really need new well everything to replace (dented fenders, totally f**ked front bumper) or cover dents (bad passenger quarter panel by tail light) and help fix rust issues(driver side skirt). So to me 400 isnt bad but Im desperate for a cleaned up 240...so I wanted some more experienced people to clue me in on if this was a decent deal or if I should skip it and look elsewhere...
Your post seemed very set. This is why I said what I said. I didn't mean anything negative or condescending by it. I was simply stating that if you really want to buy it, then buy it. I mean, the worst that can happen from you trying it out is a few less greenbacks in the bank, right? Right.

No one here is going to deny you any information, that's not what this forum is about. S-Chassis is a very small forum so we quickly go from being posters to friends to family. That's just how it is, we help each other out. Some of us, more than others, LOL!

From what I've seen (just perusing Google), I'd skip it. They look pretty good on professionally installed cars, but as Shaban has already stated, that's probably just because of modification after the fact, you know? If it's truly that much of a headache to where you are going to double the purchase price just putting it on, then skip it and buy a better kit I'm sure some of our more enthusiastic tuners have some great advice as to where to go to buy a good kit.

-Dave
Old 08-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

there's too many words in this thread
Old 08-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Contributing Member

so will this kit be going on a stock 240 with factory wheels?
Old 08-19-2009, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Before I get started on this, I want to say that I don't want to detriment the post. Shaban is a wealth of knowledge on stuff like this so I'll let him continue . . .that said . . .

Your post seemed very set. This is why I said what I said. I didn't mean anything negative or condescending by it. I was simply stating that if you really want to buy it, then buy it. I mean, the worst that can happen from you trying it out is a few less greenbacks in the bank, right? Right.

No one here is going to deny you any information, that's not what this forum is about. S-Chassis is a very small forum so we quickly go from being posters to friends to family. That's just how it is, we help each other out. Some of us, more than others, LOL!

From what I've seen (just perusing Google), I'd skip it. They look pretty good on professionally installed cars, but as Shaban has already stated, that's probably just because of modification after the fact, you know? If it's truly that much of a headache to where you are going to double the purchase price just putting it on, then skip it and buy a better kit I'm sure some of our more enthusiastic tuners have some great advice as to where to go to buy a good kit.

-Dave
Yeah I guess I can see how I came across set in a way. But what I was saying was a search (on this site not google didnt even thing of that actually ) came up with complaints of the front end conversion nothing else that I saw.

Yeah Im probably gonna skip it unless I can bargin with the guy now that I have all this info about how crummy this "really rare japanese import kit" really is... Yeah thats wht he called it haha.

And yeah I didn't mean I was gonna be completly denied info I just wanted more info then just a skip it.

Thanks for the input

battosaii930 there's too many words in this thread

That's how a good thread should be... I mean a thread like this one yeah there's alot of reasponse that isnt needed but I cant stand going into a tread that has 15 responses to the question all less then 10 words with just generals and your suppose to pull the rest out of the air? lol

and jramosthe1st! no it wouldnt be stok with stock wheels my 240 already has a 5 lug conversion. But with wheels off another Nissan (plan Jane 5 stars) so those would get kicked to the curb for a better set but at least I'm half way there with a 5 lug conversion and I said in the other post what Im trying to find (with no luck anyone have ideas??)