Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Raceonusa Kit finnaly arrived

Old 07-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Contributing Member

Raceonusa Kit finnaly arrived

well ladies and gents, it's finally here.... i did some minor test fitting, the side are gonna have to be worked pretty good, like they're a 1/8 inch too short or just the slag on the upper corners... anyways... the front's good, the rears good... has minor scuffs and scratches, nothing at all too serious at all, hell 1 min of sanding got most of it out..... overall it looks pretty sweet, not in bad shape, and clean... now for the overall quality, i would say decent, compared to my friends version select kit.... it seems like a hard urethane on the outside with thin fiberglass skin on the inside...i can't tell if the fiberglass goes all the way through, but it is almost like a full fiberglass and not a FRP type they were talking about.... i dropped on coming out of the box and absolutely nothing happened, no chip nothing, a minor scrape is all.... now off to body shop to let them work their magic on my baby... gie her a much needed face lift.... i will take pics of the kit, and the car before and after installation.... thanks guys for spending time in my thread!!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 PM

Congrats man, looking forward to seeing pics.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:49 PM

Awesome, really glad to see you are satisfied with the product, can't wait for the pics!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Contributing Member

well dropped the kit and the car off at GT motorcars.... man that place was a hole in the wall.... not a very big operation.... but it was chock full of Mercedes, BMW's and a jaguar, oh and an S13 Hatch, thing looked clean, asked about it, shop owned RB26.... nice.... the office was plastered with Porsche stuff, posters, wheels, medals, trophies, and a Porsche photo with the owner and Steve mcqueen, fully autographed (Best wishes, great day racing! Steve McQueen)

anyways, nice place, good people, AND here's the kicker, i think he said he uses VASF paint or something like that, anywho, it's the European paint used primarily by factories of Mercedes and BMW.. so I'm gonna get a black base coat of that and three, count em, 1-2-3 coats of clear..... shizt it gonna look like there's just black dripping off my car.... anyways, wait time is two friggen weeks ARG!!! I'm stuck driving my Tahoe for the time being... anyways, just an update!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Contributing Member

BASF
sounds good
Old 07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Contributing Member

BASF..... so you've heard of it.... good paint? i'm assuming so if it's used on high end european cars...
Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Contributing Member

you know those commercials "we don't make a lot of the products you buy, we make a lot of the products you buy better..." It's sort of a company along the lines of 3M. I'm not really sure
Old 07-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Contributing Member

just a lil tid bit for you guys, dropped by the body shop to take some pics....

DO WORK!!

Before the kit.... as she was all this time.....

Last edited by BlackZenki82; 07-29-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Booo... post it somewhere visible. Myspace says you marked it private.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

done.....
Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Thanks. Is it just me or does that kit make your wheels look tiny?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

it's a combination of things.... not so much the kit, but the fact that they're 17's with 40 series tires on factory ride height... that and the camera angle is kinda cruddy... almost a fish eye view...

make sure you stay posted i have many more "working" pics, and will have an a$$ load more once it's completed.... should be done around Friday... maybe Monday....

don't forget to check my "to spoil or not to spoil" thread.... deciding if i should keep my spoiler or not... need to let em know tommarow morning.... like right before paint....

also as a side note.... the Raceonusa kit took almost two days for the shop to get fitted.... maybe they're just that meticulous, the owner said they're almost all like that... or maybe it was the Raceon kit.... who knows....

will keep posting updates as she comes along!!!!

Last edited by BlackZenki82; 07-29-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Contributing Member

nooooooooooooooo dont mold the kit to the body >.< worst thing you could possibly do
Old 07-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

lol believe it or not..... it's not molded.... the reaceon kit just required that much massaging.... crazy, all has normal seams on the body work.. looks molded from the pic but it's not... lemme see if i can find one that shows....

you can kind of see the edges.... they didn't mold it... looks like they just filled in the gaps... the main guy working on my car said the rear valance took extensive work to get it to mate to the rear quarters, hence the reason it looks molded...

notice how they took out every last little ding... gonna be smooooooooooooooooth....

these guys are used to working on Mercedes and BMW's, porches, etc... so I'm glad they're working on my car...

i would NEVER mold the body kit on......

Last edited by BlackZenki82; 07-29-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:39 PM

A guy on the R3vlimited E30 forums finally got a raceonusa kit and said basically you HAVE to have a shop put them on because of the amount of fitting they need so I think you made the right choice on getting a shop to do it.

Should look good once its done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raceonusa Kit finnaly arrived