Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

right hand conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 02:38 AM

RHD Conversion will cost you 1500$ plus parts.....This is at Augusta Customs in Georgia... I think their website is www.2fastparts.com
Old 10-24-2003, 03:19 AM
Contributing Member

just buy one in japan and ship it over.. and it will come with a jdm engine and all that other good jdm stuff

and when i was driving my friends jdm rhd integ.. damn.. have fun driving that for a week
Old 10-24-2003, 08:03 AM

i too might be doing the rhd conversion.but i dont think its cost that much.the guy that gave me all the parts said he spent 600 but he told me i would have too modify the fire wall.
Old 10-25-2003, 04:37 AM

...aint worth the time, effort and $!
Old 10-25-2003, 07:32 PM

Originally posted by gladhatter
...aint worth the time, effort and $!
Old 11-07-2003, 06:09 PM

RIGHT HAND DRIVE CONV. IS THE BEST.... I DID IT TO MY CAR AND IT HAS GOT SO MUCH MORE ATTENTION. THE FACT OF BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CAR IS A WHOLE NEW WORLD. BUT I MUST SAY THAT WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS DRIVING AND YOU ARE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE THAT IS NORMALLY WHERE YOU SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OF THE CAR IS SOMEWHAT SCAREY. ANY WAYS, TO LET YOU KNOW. IT IS WELL WORTH THE CONV. AND I WOULD DO IT TO MY NEXT PROJECT CAR AND THE NEXT AFTER THAT. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW. THE SHOP WE HAVE IS IN NORTHWEST PENNSYLVANIA (ERIE) AND I WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP, OR EVEN DO THE CONV. FOR YOU. I HAVE WON A NUMBER OF TROPHIES WITH MY CAR AND HAVE IMPRESSED MANY JDM JUDGES.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by RHD SILVIA
RIGHT HAND DRIVE CONV. IS THE BEST.... I DID IT TO MY CAR AND IT HAS GOT SO MUCH MORE ATTENTION. THE FACT OF BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CAR IS A WHOLE NEW WORLD. BUT I MUST SAY THAT WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS DRIVING AND YOU ARE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE THAT IS NORMALLY WHERE YOU SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OF THE CAR IS SOMEWHAT SCAREY. ANY WAYS, TO LET YOU KNOW. IT IS WELL WORTH THE CONV. AND I WOULD DO IT TO MY NEXT PROJECT CAR AND THE NEXT AFTER THAT. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW. THE SHOP WE HAVE IS IN NORTHWEST PENNSYLVANIA (ERIE) AND I WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP, OR EVEN DO THE CONV. FOR YOU. I HAVE WON A NUMBER OF TROPHIES WITH MY CAR AND HAVE IMPRESSED MANY JDM JUDGES.
Got any pics??? id love to see a 240 with a RHD conversion
Old 11-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Got any pics??? id love to see a 240 with a RHD conversion
yeah, i'd like to see that too. oh and by the way, most of us are like under 70 years old, so we can read the post w/o all the CAPS! thanx.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:25 AM

IF YOU WANT TO SEE A FEW PICS OF IT. GO TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE AND CLICK ON "ARTICALS". THEN CLICK ON THE JDM CONVERSION SECTION....MY CAR IS THE PRIMER AND WHITE CAR ON THE FRONT PAGE. THEN CLICK ON PAGE 2. MY CAR IS THE COPPER S13. "RHD SILVIA". SINCE THESE PICS I HAVE LOWERED IT A FEW INCHES........THIS WINTER ALOT MORE IS IN STORE. FULL CUSCO SUSPENTION, STRUT TOWER BRACES, TURBO, ECU, INJECTORS, ETC, ETC.GOING FOR THE 400+HP RANGE. CHANGING THE WHEELS FOR MORE OF A JDM APPEAL. OH YEAH. I LIKE CAPS. IM TO LAZY TO CHANGE IT
Old 11-13-2003, 05:40 PM

Originally posted by RHD SILVIA
IF YOU WANT TO SEE A FEW PICS OF IT. GO TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE AND CLICK ON "ARTICALS". THEN CLICK ON THE JDM CONVERSION SECTION....MY CAR IS THE PRIMER AND WHITE CAR ON THE FRONT PAGE. THEN CLICK ON PAGE 2. MY CAR IS THE COPPER S13. "RHD SILVIA". SINCE THESE PICS I HAVE LOWERED IT A FEW INCHES........THIS WINTER ALOT MORE IS IN STORE. FULL CUSCO SUSPENTION, STRUT TOWER BRACES, TURBO, ECU, INJECTORS, ETC, ETC.GOING FOR THE 400+HP RANGE. CHANGING THE WHEELS FOR MORE OF A JDM APPEAL. OH YEAH. I LIKE CAPS. IM TO LAZY TO CHANGE IT
If you look carefully...on the left end of your keyboard there is a button labeled "CapsLock".

Push it.

There now isn't that better?
Old 11-17-2003, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by gladhatter
If you look carefully...on the left end of your keyboard there is a button labeled "CapsLock".

Push it.

There now isn't that better?
Bunch of comedians here. Seriously though, take the caps off...

As for the RHD conversion don't bother. If you've imported a car from Japan and it's RHD fine, but don't dot he conversion just cuz it "looks cool". It's not worth the money and it's compeltely impractical. Ever tried passing a car on the left when you're sitting on the right hand side of the car? Left hand turns through an intersection are an exercise in stupidity too. Don't bother.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by Jorilad
Bunch of comedians here. Seriously though, take the caps off...

As for the RHD conversion don't bother. If you've imported a car from Japan and it's RHD fine, but don't dot he conversion just cuz it "looks cool". It's not worth the money and it's compeltely impractical. Ever tried passing a car on the left when you're sitting on the right hand side of the car? Left hand turns through an intersection are an exercise in stupidity too. Don't bother.
There are some cars where the RHD conversion is necessary as the steering column runs right through where you want to put your turbine. Driving the car isn't the issue. ...left or right...drives basically the same.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:05 PM

WHERE IS THAT CAPSLOCK BUTTON AGAIN?.......HMMMM........OH, THERE IT IS. Is this better now? Any ways, it's all a matter of opinion on the right hand drive. Some say its not worth it. i say that IT IS. Depending on if you do it your self(yes). If you take it to a shop and they want more than 12 to $1500.00 than maybe. But no more than that..... On the part about passing a car, sometimes that can be alittle tricky. Turning threw an intersection, there is nothing hard about that. With all this being said, Do i regret doing a RHD conversion? No. Would i do it again? Yes. Will i be doing one in the near future? Yes.......And how can someone say not to do something to there car "Just becouse its cool" and that it is "Impractical". If that where the case, then a large part of the aftermarket automotive world would be "Impractical" and dumb to do "Just becouse it cool"..........I say do it!!!!! Be different. When that gets old, do something else "Impractical". You know why???????? "Just becouse its cool"
Old 11-18-2003, 05:36 PM

I'm ok with RHD conversion. But if you do it by chopping and welding on a front clip, I think that's gonna affect the rigidity of the whole body structure, isn't it?

If so, what would happen if someone actually wants to seriously race that car? Wouldn't that be dangerous...?

If for show, of course this issue isn't a big deal at all...
Old 11-18-2003, 06:39 PM

To do a RHD conversion the right way. The only thing you are cutting is the firewall. And that you can remove and reinstall all by the factory spotwelds. And the car is just as strong. If you want it to be stronger, you can add more welds along all the seems threwout your engine bay. This will make the car flex less in high speed cornering.

Quick Reply: right hand conversion