S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Show and Shine (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/)
-   -   Well i finally ordered my sr today and some other goodies .. (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/show-shine-4/well-i-finally-ordered-my-sr-today-some-other-goodies-45263/)

japanesenut 01-22-2009 08:20 PM

Well i finally ordered my sr today and some other goodies ..

4 Attachment(s)
Well i ordered it from http://www.japanesestarmotor.com/eng...hp?EngineID=45

great prices and includes shipping in the price customer service so far 5 stars price 5 stars and honesty 3 1/2 stars so far good place to order from and my motor set should be here next week .
This is the engine im being sent .Ive also ordered a kaaz 2.0 lsd and a megan turbo mani . i wanted to do my gt2871r set up but seeing how my funds of imcome tax money wasnt as much as it was supposed to be im still happy .My compression number are 149 psi dry across the board .And 152 wet .

Im pretty dam excited my cherry is finally going to be popped .

Attachment 12216
Attachment 12217
Attachment 12218
Attachment 12219

positron 01-23-2009 12:00 AM

Cool! Besides the stuff you listed what are you planning to do...a basic swap or changing out of some stuff?

battosaii930 01-23-2009 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
thats the turbo im using
Attachment 12212
awesome turbo since im not tuned yet im only running 10psi and its pulling so much harder then stock turbo at 15psi

japanesenut 01-23-2009 05:21 AM

well i really wanted to drop the gt2871r in but our income tax money was short so i didnt get as much to blow lol so i still have a bunch of stuff to by i have a fmic aem wide band my other gauges .Im going to get the intake pollished for 195.00 from a company in kansas city And im going to pollish my valve cover myself at work .(were can i get the coil pak cover for my sr i want a metal one so i can have it powder coatd ) i have a lot of plans like all the bracket are getting powder coated blue i was going to change the rod bearings and stuff but with these compression numbers i really don't think ill need to but i m still dropping the pan to check everything out .And does anyone know what the stock turbo is exactly and how much hp i can get out of it with stock fuel injectors and maf . And what series it is ? but ill keep everyone posted on whats going on .

japanesenut 02-02-2009 03:45 AM

Well i finalyl get my sr this mormning should be here between 8 and 9 am but i bought a kaaz 2 way and oh boy do i love it so much better than an open diff .ill take piks asap but i work nights so it may be th 3rd before i get any piks up .

Bumnah 02-02-2009 04:47 AM

Notchback. Nice!

japanesenut 02-04-2009 04:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
well here are some pics guys/gals . Now mind you im not done with the valve cover and they sent me perfect motor mounts and a tranny mount . Very clean motor cams look brand new to me . every thing clean . i will be getting it on the engine stand this thursday . I still have to check turbo and bottom end but a 5 stars for japanstar cause they sold me a great motor so far .And the hoses asrent even weather cracked they are like new . Attachment 12127

Attachment 12128

Attachment 12129

More to come . as i get a chance to work on it .

And before anyone asks im also on nico as pauliedrft but got sick of that user name .:beerchug:

positron 02-04-2009 07:01 AM

Nice!

japanesenut 02-04-2009 12:44 PM

Thanks i still have to get the darn stock exhaust mani off so i can put the megan on but i still need the exhaust wrap . i will have more pics this week end .

BlackZenki82 02-08-2009 09:15 PM

sex.... what's it going in?

japanesenut 02-09-2009 05:24 AM

6 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BlackZenki82 (Post 379976)
sex.... what's it going in?

My s-13 of course and heres some more piks this morning now mind you im not finished with the gasket matching ,so please no bashing .
Attachment 12091
Attachment 12092
Attachment 12092
Attachment 12094
Attachment 12095
And this next pik i need some help are these the coolant line hook ups for the turbo and does anyone have some piks the turbo did not have any coolant lines hooked to it or the block .Attachment 12096
All my bracket have been coated wit h the truck bed liner stuff including the motor mount brackets .

FuriousZ 02-09-2009 06:26 AM

what do you mean gasket matching?

valve timing 02-09-2009 11:25 PM

sweet build keep us posted

japanesenut 02-11-2009 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by FuriousZ (Post 379996)
what do you mean gasket matching?

Its one of the easiest little thing you can do your self to gain a little more air flow but be sure to leave the intake side rough (if it is smooth gas will stick to it causing problems )and smooth the shizz out of the exhaust side (helps keep carbon build up ) Now the gasket megan sent me is alot bigger than the megan manifold . so i matched it and marked the gasket with sharpie on the sides that were going to ber flush and marked it where i neede to take more off .Ive already removed upwards of 1/8th inch off each exhaust port in some ares and only minute porting on others .Its time consuming but i think it will be worth the time .After im done with the exhaust side and get it put back together im moving on to the intake .
And yes as i get more done ill keep the thread going .:beerchug:

FuriousZ 02-11-2009 06:33 AM

are you just using a dremel?

Do you vacume all the dust/shavings from there?